Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Lilia

Not to be a whiner or anything, but this mission freaking sucked. Here we were, our second mission and we were all locked in cages from what I could tell.


The only one who seemed to be gone was Silence. I sat in a cage that hung high above the ground, cramped and rusty. Sweetness wouldn’t look at anybody as he swung beside me.


Katherine sat in what looked like a dog crate, uncharacteristically silent.


Illumination was bickering with Apollo, and Silhouette had his face in his hands. The three sat with Myra, who took up most of the space in their crate.  This was the worst.


The only loud noises to be heard were the sobs that emitted from Darkness.


I gripped the cage I swung in and pressed my cheeks to the metal, my forehead pressed against it as well.


“Darkness, what’s wrong?” I asked, concern flooding my soul.


She looked up and wiped at her puffy face, “They took Silence away..He was with Katherine and they just took him!” She cried into her hands once more.


“They took my best friend! He’s been gone for at least an hour, and I keep hearing these screams! Oh god…”


She trembled and shook, and I felt my face crumple as well.


“We...he’s safe Darkness. Promise, we’ll get to him. We’ll get out of here.”


Everyone was looking at the two of us, and Sweetness spoke up, “What can we do? We’re trapped in these cages.”


“I have a plan, but you might not like it.”


Silhouette cringed but nodded, “Alright, what is it?”


~

I cried out, a long whiny howl, “Augggggggggggggggh! I need water! I’m sooooooooo thirsty!”


No response.


“PLEEEAAAASE!” I whined out again, and a scruffy looking woman appeared, cloaked in all black.


“Be quiet! You don’t need no water.” She pointed a crooked finger.


“PLEAAASE!”


“Fine! Fine! Just quit your endless whining.” She scooped up a metal cup of sorts and filled it with a muddy looking substance. She extended it to me, and shuffled out of the area.


I viewed the water substance and poured it onto the ground, before squeezing the cup into the cage with me.


It looked simple, with a jagged top.  Gripping the sides in both of my palms, I tried my best to pull it apart. Cutting my palm, I demolished the cup and made halves of the thing.


One side had a smooth, sharp-wise edge, and the other was jagged and rough.


Taking the smoother piece, I held it out to Sweetness.


He raised his hands, and transfigured it into a lockpick. I pushed the pin into the keyhole on the outside of the lock and jiggled the lock until it popped open.


I smiled at the effort and hopped down, unlocking the doors to everyone else's cages.


Illumination didn’t speak a word, and we actually shared a smile. Silhouette stretched his arms up to the sky and nodded.

I rushed out of the room aimlessly and sprinted out to where a loud roar was heard, not unlike a dragon’s.


A circle of witches surrounded Silence, whom was chained to the ground his wings up, like they were ready for a take-off of sorts and the witches chanted some mantra.


“HEY!” I shouted, directing attention from the women.


“It’s that girl! Get her!” Pointed the old hag who had given me the cup of mud.


The witches diverted their attention from Silence, and moved their magicka to me. This was their first mistake.

Without all the witches to hold him down, Silence broke free of the curse and destroyed the metal holding him. He breathed out a huge rush of flame and ignited the robes of several witches.


They shrieked and hollered, turning their backs to face him once more. Their second mistake.


Katherine, Myra, and Sweetness rushed them, and sliced through their backs. Witches fell left and right, and as they fell, I knew it could only be Illumination where I’d asked her to go.


Silhouette filled in with the rushing force and Darkness arrived to abduct Silence and take him out of there.

Then this was where I made my mistake. In my awe, Miriah, whom I assumed was the head witch,  came up from behind and struck me with the same electric energy from before.


My head felt like it was on fire, and I gave out a shriek.


Katherine turned to face us, charging forward and leaping up onto Miriah, stabbed her, right through the heart.  The witch clutched the handle of the blade and muttered something, as she fell backwards and lay lifeless.


“You alright?”  He asked and wiped at the red color on his face.

“Oh, yeah.” I nodded and wiped myself off in assurance.


“Well then, let’s get out of here.” He smiled, and I smiled right on back.


Silhouette cleared his throat, “You can make goo-goo eyes at each other later. Let’s go.”










© 2017 Lilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017


Author

Lilia
Lilia

MI



About
I enjoy writing fantasy/dystopian and romance novels. Sometimes I dabble with a bit of fan-fiction, but not that often. more..

Writing
I'm Persassy I'm Persassy

A Book by Lilia


I Hate It I Hate It

A Story by Lilia