Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Lilia

Right at 5, Silhouette and I had arrived. Decked out in black from head to toe. We were waiting for the team to arrive, and they were late. As per usual.


Sweetness arrived first, Myra close behind. The Silence and Darkness. Katherine lumbered on in, and then Illumination.


¨You're late.¨ I could hardly contain the snarky comment as she entered.


She sent me a scowl, before flipping hair behind her shoulder. “Sorry.” she said without very much enthusiasm.

“Really? I couldn’t tell.”

“Girls, quiet. We’re here to discuss the plan.” Silhouette scolded and I went silent, whilst Illumination shot me a smug grin.


Mature. Real mature.


This girl was just begging for a punch to the face. But, of course Silhouette wouldn’t like that.


Silhouette began his plan, his voice low, “We’re going to head over to the witches’ cave. Then Darkness, I want you to use your shadow ability to scout out the area. Make sure we’ll be able to rush them. Then, Myra and Sweetness need to charge them. Katherine can come along too. Then, Silence and Illumination will take up the rear. Candy and I will fill in where we’re needed.” Silhouette ordered, raising his eyebrows to see if we understood.


At first he received no response, and then Katherine, the only mind-reader amongst us picked up the message.


“We get it, man. We get it.” Katherine probably mentally rolled his eyes, and then everyone else chimed in as well in understanding.


“Alright then, let’s kill some witches.”


~

We arrived at a black rock cave, later that evening ready to carry out the plan. Sweetness was still, very uneasy, so I tried my best to soothe him with some words.


“Hey, Sweetness, we’ll all be here. Don’t worry about the witches.” I placed a hand on his shoulder, to which he shrugged away from, “I’m fine. Really.” He stated, though I could hear an edge to his voice that said otherwise.


“Man, you’re about to piss yourself. But- it’s okay.” Katherine clapped him on the back, making Sweetness’ face fire up to extreme levels.


“Shut up!” Sweetness withdrew from my company and Katherine’s, obviously insulted.


‘Wow, nice going knucklehead, what’d ya think would come from that?” I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms.


“I dunno, I just wanted to lighten the mood. Really, that’s all.” He began before Silhouette silenced us.


“Alright, Darkness. You know what to do.”


The normally bubbly girl’s smiling face dropped and she nodded. Raising her hands up, a dark cloud appeared, cloaking her body from head to toe in shadows.


Silence shifted uncomfortably. His only true friend was putting herself in danger, so I could see where the paranoia came from.


“We wait for her to get back with the layout, then, Myra, Sweetness, and Katherine will rush them.”


Katherine gripped the silver blades at his sides and smirked, “Awesome.”


Myra readied the battle-axe she had used from last time, whilst Sweetness raised his palms to create the glowing blue fire.


Upon their being ready, Darkness arrived with a scope of the cave.


“They’re all circled around a pod of some sort. There aren’t any guards, but they left a ton of stuff around to make noise.” She explained, “Maybe we should try to sneak around those before we attack.”


Myra nodded, “One of us will need to guide this oaf then.” She gestured to Katherine, whose smirk had vanished with the words.


“I’ll be fine!” He protested, but I chimed in quickly, ‘Fine, I’ll come with you all. I can lead him.”


Taking Katherine’s hand, he shut up, and Myra went into the mouth of the cave. She was pretty silent for her size, and Sweetness kept his clumsiness to a minimum. (Which was definitely a miracle for the boy.)


Katherine, however, was a challenge. You would think, for a kid who can’t see, he could hear the silent danger better than everyone else.


But- no.


He began whispering as I mumbled the directions of his steps.  


“Do you think Sweetness is gonna ditch?” He whispered as we edged around some tin cans.


“Right step, and no.” I whispered back, rolling my eyes.


“I dunno, he seemed pretty panicked if you ask me.”

“Yeah, well I didn’t. Please be quiet.” I muttered back and guided him past a pile of pots, covered in a thick layer of some unknown gunk.


And then, of course, he had to be difficult. He stopped walking, pulling me back to him.


“Katherine, what the heck?” I furrowed my eyebrows up at him, not that he would see or care.

He scowled, “Don’t be mean to me. I’m here for this team, I’m just messing around.” He no longer spoke in a whisper, rather, he spoke in a loud scolding tone.


“Okay, sorry. Please, be quiet!” I hissed in a whisper.


“No, I don’t forgive you.” He pouted and crossed his arms, his voice still angry, and loud.


Myra turned around, signaling me to make him shut up. Sweetness sent us both a look as well, one of panic and annoyance.


“No, I will not shut up, Sweetness!” Katherine was getting angrier by the second and I could hear a horde of footsteps heading our way.


I hopped up, using my legs to grip his sides, and covered his mouth with both my hands.


His words became mumbles, and then they became silent.


The footsteps stopped, and a leery voice was heard. “It sounded like a child, Miriah. A child!”


“Oh, sure, a child just so happened to wander into out coven?” Came another voice, elderly and sarcastic.

“I know what I speak of!” Spoke the leery voice.


There was a mass sound of bickering, and I glowered my hardest at Katherine, hoping to get the point across that this whole scenario was in fact his fault.


Myra gestured to us, a signal we had come to know as: Ditch the plan, wreak havoc.


She rushed in quickly, battle axe high. The witches shrieked and Sweetness rushed in after her as the was a loud metal clanging sound.


“C’mon we gotta go!” I jumped off of Katherine and ran in, sword tightly gripped in my hand.

Katherine followed the sound of my footsteps and ran in, blades unsheathed.


And that’s when it hit me. A hot, burning, electricity, that sent me to the ground. I writhed in pain and looked about as an elderly woman spewed an electricty from her fingers upon me.


“Look Miriah, I was right..It is a child.”


And with that, my vision went blurry.







© 2017 Lilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017


Author

Lilia
Lilia

MI



About
I enjoy writing fantasy/dystopian and romance novels. Sometimes I dabble with a bit of fan-fiction, but not that often. more..

Writing
I'm Persassy I'm Persassy

A Book by Lilia


I Hate It I Hate It

A Story by Lilia