Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

“I didn't know you were back already,” Kelley said walking around the nearest bed and tried to look over my shoulder at Eva.

“Get the hell out of here,” I told her.

“Maya,” Dr. Jamieson came over, “That is no way to speak to our four newest recruits, we went into the city and these four believed our story.”

“I told you guys not to go yourselves,” I turned to Kelley, “What do you want, Kelley? Are you here for Darren?”

“I don't have to explain myself to you, Garnet,” she answered and I looked at her friends. Lyssa was a blonde with a lot of curves and the other two were Seth's step sisters, Lynx and Jasmine.

 

“Is that the new girl that Seth had a cute little romance with?” Lynx tried to get around me, “She's kind of chubby.”

“Jamieson, I have right to tell them to leave camp, but they will have to leave this tent,” I told him, “Please.”

 

“I have the results for you, Miss. Keller,” Dr. Hunter came back, “Are you sure about your decision? It is a lot of responsibility.”

“Results,” Jasmine peeked around me, “Hear I thought our brother was still a virgin.”

“It's none of your business,” I warned them all because they were sharing a suspicious look.

“It's Seth Adams' child,” Hunter looked at Eva's belly then at me, “The two Peck girls have a right to stay, Maya it is their nephew.”

“I don't want them to stay,” Eva got up, “Now that I've gotten that confirmed I am going back to my tent.”

 

“We still want to talk to you about our nephew,” Jasmine started to follow her.

“Leave her alone,” I snapped then Nora came through the wall of the tent.

“What the hell,” Lyssa jumped back.

 

“There you are,” Nora saw me, “I went to talk to you, but Darren said you already left so after I threw out his bottles I followed your trail.”

“You're one good tracker,” Eva chuckled holding her stomach suddenly, “Maya, get me outside.” I helped her out into the air and she threw up next to the tent.

“This sucks,” she said and Nora looked at me.

“Pregnant or flu,” she whispered.

“Morning sickness,” I mouthed then helped Eva get back up to her feet.

“That is gross,” Lyssa said disgusted.

“It's a good sign,” Jasmine tried to touch Eva's belly and I slapped her hand away, “Are you threatened, Garnet?”

 

“Just stay away from us,” I started to help Eva back to her tent.

“You know you act all high and mighty, but you aren't that special,” Lyssa informed me.

 

“Well if you know someone else who sees future events, tell them to relieve me of my duties by all means,” I said as Nora opened the flap of Eva's tent and I helped Eve make herself comfortable on the bed.

“There is a black top and some jeans in that bag,” Eva pointed at it and I quickly changed out of the dress. “I am so exhausted,” Eva yawned and Nora sat on the bed next to her and held her hand.

“You know, Garnet,” Lynx peeked in, “Kelley is with your boyfriend right now.”

“I told you to stay out of here,” I snapped at her.

 

“You know Kelley is really good at convincing him to give in to his baser urges,” Jasmine joined her, “I'd say there is a very slim chance that he would turn her down, especially since you two probably haven’t slept together yet.”

“He can do better than Kelley,” I pushed past them, “Nora, watch Eva and maybe sing her your brother's lullaby.”

“Kick his a*s if he does anything idiotic, May,” she called after me.

“We'll talk when I get back,” I waved then hurried back over to Darren's tent. When I got there, Kelley was lying on Darren's bed in a sultry sort of position. “Right,” I said then walked in.

 

“Darren, I am waiting for you, handsome,” she giggled.

“Kelley,” he walked out and I saw his shirt was ripped open and missing buttons.

“Let's have some fun,” Kelley tried to pull him down onto the bed.

“Don't,” he said then he spotted me, “Maya, before you start yelling I've told her to leave four times and I don't want to physically assault her to throw her out.”

“Fine, I'll do it,” I grabbed her by the hair and dragged her out of the tent.

“You weren't giving him anything,” she pulled herself free, “I have a lot to offer him and he may be angry at me, but he's a lot angrier at you.”

“Kelley, leave,” Darren told her.

“I thought I made it clear that we were sharing a tent, handsome,” she smiled sweetly, “Or else I'll have to change a few things around here.”

 

“I am already sharing my tent,” Darren replied.

“You aren't going to get anything from ghost girl,” Kelley turned to me, “Just back off, Garnet you should go after someone weaker like Seth or his older brother.”

“Seth belongs with Eva and you cannot dictate me,” I snapped.

“Darren, she is just a phase of yours, you know you always come back to me,” Kelley told him, “She is just a child, but you and I have history.”

“I am not the same man anymore, Kelley,” he answered, “I will not be bullied by you.”

“You cannot be suggesting that your feelings for her are stronger,” she said annoyed.

 

“Kelley, go find a tent,” Darren ordered, “I am one of the military leaders around here and I refuse to be treated with such disrespect.”

“I'll leave you with your nun,” she pushed past me, “Good luck making him as happy as I made him.”

“How recently?” I asked and she laughed before leaving us standing there.

“I did not sleep with her, Maya,” he told me, “She isn't a part of my life anymore.”

“I doubt she came here to chat and if she makes enough threats,” I walked into his tent, “None of this is going to matter because she's right you said yourself that you always went back to her.”

 

“Because I couldn't deal with life, I have a real purpose now and I have you,” he replied.

“You want to be with someone physically though and it can't be Kelley, but maybe...” I looked at the ground.

“I know we haven't talked about this,” he walked around me and pushed my chin up so I would look at him, “I won't do anything you are uncomfortable with, Maya I can prove that I don't need company of that sort.” “I won't ever do that with Kelley again,” he insisted.

“It's just hard seeing you with her,” I commented, “You two had a lot of history together.”

“Yes, she has been in my life a long time, but they are not good memories,” he reached out to touch my face and I took a step back, “I am not going after other girls, Maya no matter what you say I know you would only be causing yourself more pain by giving up another person you care about.”

“You think an awful lot of yourself,” I said hiding a smile, “You sound kind of like the guy I met at that banquet.”

“Speaking of that, you were quite the flirt at that event,” he wrapped his arms around me, “Were you gathering intelligence then too?”

“Yes,” I said then blushed, “Plus I wanted to see if I was any good at flirting.”

“You had me caught in your web,” he brushed my bangs out of my eyes.

“Are you calling me a predator?” I raised an eyebrow.

“You know I am not,” he answered, “Nora threw out all of my bottles, you know.”

 

“First step is admitting you have a problem and the second is having your angry sister throw out all of your booze,” I nodded.

“What is the third step?” he inquired.

“Maybe a reward,” I suggested.

“What kind of reward are you suggesting, Garnet?” he asked.

“One kiss and a second date this weekend before anything else happens,” I told him.

“I think that's the best idea you've had since you decided to tell me you were sorry,” he remarked.

“You're just going to keep rubbing that in my face aren't you,” I sighed, “I have a lot to live for, I guess I just needed a reminder of that.”

“Are you ready for your speech tomorrow?” he smiled.

“Not even close to ready,” I informed him, “Seth was the speech giver, I don't even understand why everyone here likes me.”

“You survived the death serum and the controller serum didn't work on you, if you can do it then you could teach more people,” he explained.

“I guess,” I wrapped my arms around his neck.

 

“Yet another reason for you to stay,” he continued, “You should talk to Nora, I'll have to go to another meeting tonight and I am going to suggest that they make you one of the leaders.”

“I don't want to be a leader,” I reminded him.

“You also don't want to be the last to hear information,” he countered.

“Yes, but I want freedom to go on missions when the time is right and leaders don't go to the front lines unless they're military,” I argued.

“Exactly, it's the safest place for you,” he said hopefully, “Please just consider it, Garnet I am not asking a lot.”

“I know you're just trying to protect your girlfriend,” I agreed, “I'll think about it okay.”

“That's what I like to hear,” he kissed me quickly then looked down at my clothes, “Feeling more comfortable.”

“Definitely,” I agreed.

 

“When we get back from our meetings, you should get some more sleep,” he insisted, “I might even close my eyes for a few moments.”

“Sounds good,” I yawned, “Stay away from Kelley okay, it's suspicious that her friends and her show up now.”

“I'll look into it,” he assured me.

“Discreetly,” I warned.

“Of course,” he said then I shivered. “Here,” he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me, “So everyone knows you're my girl.”

“Someone is possessive,” I laughed then he winked before leaving the tent. I headed back to Eva's tent and found her fast asleep with Nora lying next to her with her eyes wide open. “Hey you,” I sat down next to her and then she let out a sob.

“Darren was so lost and I was scared to death, Maya,” she said shaking and I squeezed her shoulder, “I felt like I was losing him more by each second.”

“You will never lose your brother,” I sat her up, “You should go to sleep, I'll keep watch.”

“I am glad you're back, Maya,” she turned around and wrapped her arms around my waist, “Please don't leave us again, none of us seem to be very independent.”

 

“You'll learn,” I stroked her hair and she hummed to herself. “Goodnight,” I said.

“Goodnight, May,” she said then one after another we both passed out from exhaustion.


© 2015 Lorena Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose