Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

I was super reluctant to go see Kelley and her friends, but Darren was insistent. He knew like I did that Kelley would try and free her pals so someone needed to make sure she didn't find out they were here. When I got to her tent, she was making out with...Rogers on the bed. “Such a bad boy,” she pulled on his white hair.

“You're gorgeous, love,” he laughed then Lynx and Jasmine spotted me from their corner.

“Kelley, it's your man's new w***e,” Lynx said and Lyssa tried to sneak on me.

“Don't even try it, blondie,” I warned her and Rogers dropped Kelley. He turned around and saw me there.

 

“Garnet,” he said clearing his throat, “I was just...”

“Looking after our guests,” I offered.

“Over and over again this morning,” Kelley got up wearing a very short blue nightgown, “What do you want, Garnet?”

“I am curious about Darren's past and so I thought about who would know the most about him,” I lied, “You are the obvious choice.”

 

“I know that man like the back of my hand,” she laughed, “Rogers, you better go guard us.”

“See you around,” he zipped up his pants and looked at me again, “It won't happen again, Garnet don't tell your boyfriend or the other leaders.”

“Just focus on guarding the camp please,” I told him then he left, “So Kelley, exactly how long have you known Darren?”

“How was your kiss last night with Keith, s**t?” Lyssa giggled.

“What?” I asked.

“We heard the screaming and we saw your moment of innocence,” Kelley crossed her arms, “Are you going to take me to see Keith and Davinia or do I have to get rough?”

 

“I'd prefer it if I could hit you,” I shrugged, “But you aren't going anywhere near them, you swore you were loyal to the afflicted and you better believe you will be seriously punished if you did something to help those two escape.”

“Who would punish me?” she got in my face, “You're weak from all of your visions and feeling sorry for yourself.”

“That was yesterday,” I punched her in the nose.

“Ouch,” she fell back.

 

“If you ever want to see your brother then you'll stay back,” I warned Lynx and Jasmine, “Maybe his hatred of you two will trigger his memory and pull him out of the control of the serum.”

“You just like to talk, don't you,” Lyssa tried to grab me and turned swiftly to grab her head and knock it into a pole.

“The visitors charade is over,” I snapped, “You guys are on the military's side, you know it and so do I.”

“Well I've already slept with Rogers and Lynx and Jasmine took turns with Jeremiah Hille,” Kelley got to her feet, “How are you going to get us kicked out without your main supporters?”

“How about I tell Dr. Hunter and Darren about this?” I threatened and they all backed down, “Hunter has more authority here than almost anyone else and I know Darren would agree that you're all two-faced.”

 

“If you kick us out, we'll just go back to the city,” Kelley countered, “Maybe we'll knock you out and bring you too.”

“What a reward we'd get,” Jasmine remarked.

“You're all here as a distraction, not assassins or kidnappers,” I reminded them, “All of you would be advised to stay in the tent, or just stay away from my tent or the one Davinia and Keith are being kept in.”

“You're playing a dangerous game, I could go after Darren again,” Kelley said.

 

“After him again, you mean,” I left the tent and zipped it up behind me before heading over to where Rogers was arguing with one of the guardians.

“I said I'd be right back,” Rogers told me.

“That was last night, sir,” the guardian countered.

“Rogers had his reasons,” I told the guy, “He was helping me and Price with the prisoners.”

“Alright, Miss. Garnet,” the guardian backed down.

 

“You should go keep an eye on our guests,” I suggested, “In fact you should follow them and let me and Officer Price know where they are going.”

“You don't need to ask me twice,” he hurried over to their tent.

 

“Do you have some sort of vendetta against those girls?” Rogers questioned.

“The redhead used to be Darren's girlfriend, the dark haired ones are Seth's evil step sisters,” I commented, “And the blonde girl is just annoying and full of herself.”

“We chained up the two afflicted traitors in the building's basement,” he whispered in my ear, “You should question them.”

“I promised Darren I wouldn't go near them,” I shook my head.

“Those two are trouble,” he said, “You always been gifted at talking people out of doing bad things, try to reason with them.”

“I doubt that's possible,” I sighed.

“Well the good doctor is not going to be happy about losing three of his afflicted soldiers,” he said then my head started screaming.

“It hurts,” I held my head then crouch down onto my knees.

 

“Maya, what is it?” Rogers shook my shoulder.

 

“Send out as many soldiers as you can, I want as many afflicted as possible,” Morrison said, “Knock them out.” I saw soldiers hitting Eli and Caroline upside the head. “Drug them,” he said and bodies dropped with needles in their backs. “I want Maya Garnet, Darren Price, his sister, Eva Keller and their accomplices on their knees in front of me by next Sunday,” Morrison ordered, “Bring back Keith, Davinia and Seth, they will deliver the torture for everyone, but Miss. Keller I want her child.”

 

“Yes sir,” his man said running out of the room.

“I will have the peace and control this city needs,” he said, “And I will know the future as well as my young doll does.”

“Where do you want us to my little sister, sir?” Cass, my brother asked.

“In the torture chamber until I am ready to be forgiving, Cass,” Morrison said and I could feel the whip on my back then cuts on my body. I felt like I was burning then Morrison stood over me. “I will wear you down until there is not an ounce of fight left in you,” he said quietly.

 

“Darren,” I looked up and saw Kelley with Darren's arms around her. Davinia and Keith were standing beside them.

“You lost the battle,” Darren told me.

“Maya,” voices screamed and I curled up into myself.

“Morrison,” Darren said then he fought back against the serum. I saw us break free, but there was still a fight and I couldn't stop the destruction.

“No,” I cried.

 

“Maya,” I heard and I felt hands on my face, “Come back, Garnet it's done the vision is over.”

“They never end,” I opened my eyes, “They got you, Darren the soldiers are all coming by next Sunday and they change you, but then you switch back and there was so much pain.”

“I am not one of those soldiers,” he held my face, “We can fight these soldiers, they are not getting you or me or anyone, understood.”

“There will be a lot of them,” I told him.

“We'll move everyone into the station,” he helped me to my feet, “Just stay out of the basement.”

“We aren't moving Seth down there with them, are we?” I frowned.

 

“I don't trust anyone else to deal with Davinia and Keith,” he shook his head, “I can tell their lies from the truth; I am good at detecting lies.”

“Maybe that's your super power,” I nudged him.

“Yeah, maybe,” he snorted, “Do you want me to take you into the station? The leaders will want to know all of this.”

 

“Do you want me to leave out the part about you turning?” I bit my lip.

“Leave out nothing,” he took my hand and led me through the tents.

 

“Price,” Jeremiah came running over, “There you are, oh and Maya of course I heard you had a vision.”

“You can hear about it in the station,” I told him, “By the way, you should avoid Seth's sisters, Jasmine and Lynx are not on our side.”

“I'll keep that in mind,” he agreed, “I only kissed them, I have my eye on that Sara girl; she is much more interesting than the evil step sisters.”

“You should ask Sara out,” I agreed, “In all of the darkness and despair everyone needs a light in their lives.”

“You hear that, Price you're a light,” Jeremiah joked.

 

“She's my light,” Darren wrapped his arm around my waist, “After the meeting, you should go see Sara before your chance passes.”

“Good thinking,” Jeremiah said then we headed to the station where Hunter, Jamieson and Rogers were waiting in a small room with chairs scattered around the edge of it.

 

“Price,” Jamieson said, “I was just discussing the work on ridding the afflicted of their unwanted abilities.”

“That's great, Doc, but I have some news,” I sat down in one of the chairs, “The soldiers are coming here and they'll be attacking within a week.”

“You saw them attack,” Roger asked, “Morrison sent word that he was coming for his stolen soldiers himself.”

“Just like he told you all that; Seth and his team would be here at noon yesterday,” I countered.

“Point taken,” Rogers nodded.

 

“They want to capture me, Darren, Eva, Nora and our accomplices,” I insisted, “We need to start fighting back sooner rather than later and keep all of the non-fighters in this station where they'll be safe.”

“What do they want to do with you?” Hunter asked concerned.

“Torture everyone, but Eva,” I answered, “They get the controller serum into Darren, but he can fight it too, I've seen it.”

“We shouldn't let this future happen,” Darren put his hand on my shoulder, “I agree with Maya, we need to make ourselves known and fight back.”

“We cannot risk losing guardians, we can reason with Morrison about the situation if we use leverage,” Jamieson argued.

 

“You've tried reasoning with him for over fifteen years,” I retorted harshly, “At the cost of people's lives and a lot of people could be hurt unless we do something now and the only way to fight military is with strength of our own.”

 

“Miss. Garnet,” Jamieson came over to me, “You are exhausted and you're over-dramatizing the future.”

“Do you think he won't exact revenge on you for taking his pets away?” Darren spoke first, “Maya goes through the torture of her visions to give us accurate information and we would be foolish not to follow her wishes when she gives up everything to us.”

“I agree,” Hunter sat next to me and squeezed my hand.

“Me too,” Jeremiah said.

“I am on your side, Garnet,” Rogers winked at me.


“Now don't try charming me, Rogers I already have a guy in my life,” I said and they all laughed. Jamieson gave me a long, frustrated look then stormed out. What was wrong with him?



© 2015 Lorena Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose