Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Lorena Rose

I knew exactly when Darren's arms wrapped around me. “Morning, Nora,” he whispered.

“She was really tired,” Nora said back, “She had a long night.”

“I am sorry for causing you pain, kid,” Darren lifted me up into his arms, “I hope you can forgive me for being an idiot.”

“I know she means a lot to you,” Nora replied, “I was hurting with her gone too.”

“Did you hear that Kelley was here?” Darren commented.

“Whatever you do, make sure you stay away from that girl,” Nora warned him, “She would take any chance she got to get you back.”

“You stay away from her too,” Darren warned her, “Stay with Eva and get some more rest.”

 

“I am glad I have my brother back,” she hugged his side.

“Missed that guy too,” Darren remarked, “Good night.”

“Night,” she yawned then I heard her climb back into the bed. Darren carried me out of the tent and I curled up close to him. I got put back into his bed and I felt him start to leave. My hand automatically reached out to stop him and he pecked my lips before getting up.

 

“Price,” I heard Rogers say, “Did you do your security check yet?”

“About an hour ago,” Price answered quietly.

“Is she sleeping?” Rogers questioned.

“Yes,” Darren hissed.

“I guess she's going to need it,” he remarked, “Morrison's new puppet mayor is coming out here this week to try and discuss treaties with us.”

“I hope you consider putting her in with the leaders, Rogers she needs more protection,” Price commented, “Especially considering our situation.”

“It is tragic,” Rogers agreed.

“We will help those kids,” Darren said quietly, “We should have kept a closer eye on everyone, it's my fault.”

“You were in a depression, Price and they tried to get back to the city.”

“I cannot tell Maya the military know where we are, she took a knife and cut out her tracker,” Price told him, “I don't think she would forgive me if she knew those kids were affected.”

“Their abilities are stronger since they found the neuro-stroma,” Rogers commented, “But them and Miss Keller's abilities are out of control.”

“Eva is with child as well,” Darren informed him.

“Jamieson keeps insisting that we should supply it to everyone, he says it won't do any more harm,” Rogers said and my eyes opened.

“We will have to do something about the supply though, burn it or something,” Darren said and I watched him run his hand through his hair, “If they get their hands on it, then they'll use it to their advantage and I cannot let them hurt my family or my friends.”

“You'll have to go out with the team, in case Jamieson tries to save something,” Rogers warned him, “Jeremiah will back us up, but Hunter thinks it's harmless.”

“That old man needs a reality check,” Darren muttered, “I am not letting Maya or Nora touch that stuff.”

“Well, I'll try to talk him out of pursuing it,” Rogers remarked, “Have you at least told her we are looking for a cure for the death serum, she could donate some blood and distract Jamieson.”

“I cannot ask her to do that,” Darren snapped and I closed my eyes. I acted asleep while he continued talking, “I know things would move faster, but she's still weak from surviving that and the death serum.”

“Keep a close eye on her until the serum is completely out of her system,” Rogers warned.

“She's not dangerous,” Darren insisted, “Maya can be trusted I swear.”

 

“Well you should know that your ex-girlfriend, Kelley was looking around for you after the meeting.”

“Got it,” Darren cleared his throat, “You should check on the boundaries of the camp.”

I can take a hint,” Rogers cleared his throat then he left. Darren just stood there for a long moment then I heard someone else enter the tent.

 

“There you are,” Kelley's voice was an unwelcome surprise.

“Kelley, get out of my tent,” Darren told him.

“Stop pretending to be one of them, Price. I know you okay you're only here to get into your sweet little girlfriend's pants,” she snorted.

“You don't know me anymore, Kelley,” he argued.

“Come on, Darren come back to the city with me they'll take you back I know they would,” she said. I opened my eyes to watch her touch Darren's arm.

“I am not going back there,” Darren growled, “Now I told you to leave.”

“You know a couple of months ago, you cared me the most,” she touched his lips with her fingers, “I can still see the desire in your eyes, why are you wasting away with blondie.”

“I love her, Kelley,” Darren countered.

“You don't believe in love, Darren you never have,” she tried to kiss him.

“I didn't believe in anything when I was with you,” Darren retorted pushing her away.

“Can you really forgive her for leaving you though? You cannot have changed so much that you'd let her get away with a betrayal like that,” she taunted.

“She knows I haven't completely forgiven her, but I am not letting the girl I love go again, for you or anyone else,” he said seriously, “Now I said get out.”

“You can't get rid of me that easily,” she grabbed his hair and threw herself onto him. Her legs wrapped around him and her lips smashed into his. “Come on, Price,” she said and I felt my heart sink when he kissed her back. I couldn't believe it, but he must still have feelings for Kelley. “That's my bad boy,” she giggled, “Lie me down on the ground and we can have some fun, I've missed this.”

“Don't,” he growled and she started to kiss down his neck.

“Hurt me, I don't care I always know you are mine,” she chewed on his skin and I felt tears in my eyes. I had to say something because my heart hurt so much it threatened to break out of my chest.

“Stop,” Darren said as she started to rip his shirt.

“I know,” she said pushing her hands up under his shirt.

“Now,” he tried to remove her legs.

 

“They'll come for her, Darren and when they do, you'll need me,” she whispered and I got up to my feet.

“Kelley,” he said then he saw me, “Maya.”

“Yeah, I am still here,” I snapped then walked out of the tent.

“Ouch,” I heard Kelley say and then Darren came rushing out.

“Maya,” he started to say.

“Do not make excuses, Price,” I said coldly, “I shouldn't have been surprised, I knew you still had some feelings for her.”

“I am not with her,” he argued, “I am sorry you saw that, I never should have kissed her back.” “I do not want her,” he insisted.

 

“Is this some kind of revenge for me leaving?” I demanded, “If you want to be with other girls, I am not stopping you we could end this now.”

“It is never going to happen again,” he told me.

“Do I look stupid? You are going to, Darren because I am never having sex,” I informed him, “I won't risk it and you know you miss being with someone, I just didn't know you were still interested in Kelley that way.”

“What do you mean never?” he asked, “What are you so afraid of?”

“I am not risking what happened to Eva happening to me, I am a lot more powerful and the thought of a child with these visions is terrifying,” I told him, “I never should have let you get attached to me, I was foolish and I am sorry if this goodbye hurts you.”

“Why are you using excuses? I know you're angry about Kelley so yell at me,” he commanded, “Call me names and yell your head off if you need to, but don't use excuses to break us up.”

“I am scared, Dare I died once and I saw what it did to people I care about,” I said, “Just try things with Kelley or any other girl.”

“Garnet, listen up,” he turned me around.

“No,” I shoved him away, “Don't try and talk me out of this.”

“I won't,” he grabbed my arm and tried to twist it the wrong way. I twisted back and slapped him in the face.

“I said no,” I replied then he swung at me. I dodged and hit him in the side. He shoved me down to my knees. “Fine,” I got up, “If you want to fight then I won't hold back.”

 

“Good,” he hit me in the side of the head then I kneed him in the gut. He tried to hit my side and I blocked and twisted his wrist. “Wrong way,” he grabbed my arm and swung me around then let go. I managed to keep my footing then I swung and he dodged.

“Go for someone else,” I got behind him and kicked him in the back hoping he'd fall and get annoyed enough to agree to my demands.

“Not happening,” he kept his balance then swung and got me in the shoulder.

“Ouch,” I hit him in the cheek.

“Better,” he said then grabbed my wrist and pulled him closer to him.

 

“Watch it, Price,” I bit his hand when he tried to touch my face then shoved him down, “I am moving into the tent with Eva and Nora; deal with it.”

“Oh really,” he pulled me down with him then pinned me in three seconds flat, “I think I could convince you to stay.”

“I need to be taken seriously, Darren and no one will if I cannot even sleep without my boyfriend's arms around me every night,” I argued.

“I told you I am not letting you out of my sight,” he replied.

 

“And now I am telling you that as of this moment I am forcing you to trust this judgement,” I looked him in the eye, “Take it or leave it, Price.”

“I'll take it on two conditions,” he countered.

“Name them,” I sighed.

“You have to swear you won't try to end things between us 'for my own good' anymore and you have to kiss me right now,” he smirked at the last part.

“You may have your wishes,” I agreed then he brought his lips down close and waited.

 

“I am waiting to be swept off my feet, Garnet,” he said casually.

“Keep waiting,” I teased then he frowned, “You don't have control over everything, Price.”

“Well, you had a promise and if you're not going to keep it...” he began then I kissed him.

“Now will you shut up,” I laughed and he pulled away smirking again.

“I knew you couldn't resist me,” he said then I heard Kelley walk out of his tent.

 

“You two are the strangest couple I've ever seen,” she said snidely, “Darren when you're ready for something physical I am two tents away.”

“Noted,” he answered then looked down at me, “Why can't you pretend to get along with Kelley?”

“Why can't you stop being such a stubborn a*s?” I pulled him down again to kiss me.


© 2015 Lorena Rose


Author's Note

Lorena Rose
how is the story going? Have you read the first book Cold's Fire?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015


Author

Lorena Rose
Lorena Rose

Montrose, BC, Canada



About
Hey, I am a college girl that's majoring in creative writing. I love writing and like to explore new worlds through the script across the page. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lorena Rose