Chapter 2-Day Three of Insanity

Chapter 2-Day Three of Insanity

A Chapter by .:Lu:.

"Shh....she might not be one, anyways."
I woke up in a start. Two people sat on either side of me, looking down at me. A dark-haired girl with black cat ears, and a woman with short blond hair. The girl looked over at the woman.
"You ask her; It's gonna sound crazy coming from me."
I sat up. "What will? Who are you? And what the heck are you doing here?"
The girl laughed. "Alright, Mellie, you tell."
The woman smiled warmly. "I'm Melody. That's Kaylee. We're.....what do they call it? We're the special type. The Runners. We're hiding. A few of the...Snatchers came through, we lost Sam, Angel, Ella, and Cory. It's down to....what, three? Not including you, hun." She smiled again and looked around. "Now, who are you?"
"Camryn, but I go by Cammie. I think the...Snatchers?...were looking for me. Some cops ran after me on my way to school, I ran here." I looked up at them. "I-I'm sorry..."
Kaylee shook her head. "It's alright. It's bound to happen. I'm only seventeen, and I've only known my parents for six years. I spent another seven sitting around. When I was thirteen, I took off. They've only spotted me on security cameras."
Melody laughed. "I ran a couple of months ago. Taylor's been out since who knows when. Remember when Jaycee was still up? The two of them would cover miles in days."
The girl shook her head. "It was hard to keep up with the two of them!" We all laughed.
I heard something crash through the forest. I got onto my knees and turned around. Kaylee and Melody whipped their heads around and watched carefully. I looked back, and in Kaylee's place was a grey wolf. It was lightly growling at the source of the crashing.
A man fell through, into our clearing. he was in his thirties, with brown hair. He lifted his head, and his eyes glowed. I backed up.
"Who are yo-"
Melody interrupted me. "Taylor, we found the new person. Cammie. She's not a Norm, so we don't have to worry."
Taylor looked at me. He looked like he was studying me. Then he smiled. "Welcome to the life of hiding." 


© 2011 .:Lu:.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 4, 2011


Author

.:Lu:.
.:Lu:.

Galena, OH



About
Chocolate......bacon..............and cake. The joys of life. more..

Writing
Leaving Leaving

A Poem by .:Lu:.


My Voice My Voice

A Story by .:Lu:.