Chapter 10-Flying Blood

Chapter 10-Flying Blood

A Chapter by .:Lu:.

"Cammie."
I rolled over, half-awake. The pelt felt soft against my skin. I didn't want to get up.
"Cammie."
I growled softly and pulled the fur over my face. I still didn't want to wake up.
"Cammie, get up! NOW!"
I slid the pelt off of my face. I propped myself up, ready to tell him that I was tired. My eyes widened when I realized why he was telling me to run.
There was a Bearmutt raiding our camp.
I screamed and started shaking Kaylee. I was screaming her name, telling her to run. Cody had his sword drawn, facing the Beast. Kaylee got up and grabbed her dagger. She threw it at the Bearmutt and ran off. The Beast charged after me. I screamed and ran towards the bow and arrows I kept by my tent. I fell next to them and drew them, aiming at its skull.
Cody charged at it. His sword entered its side, and it roared in pain. I let go of the string. The sound of the arrow hitting bone. It didn't kill, though. I got up, and it ran after me again. I stumbled, and it pounced on me. I screamed in pain. My ribs, my left leg, and my arm roared along. I felt the animal dig into my leg. I screamed louder, hoping for help.
It went limp, then rolled off of me. I felt tears fall down my face. A hand pressed against my cheek.
"Shh....Cammie, hang in there. I'm not losing you."
I whimpered. "My ribs....my leg...." He stroked my hair.
Kaylee came up next to him. She gasped when she saw the wounds. Cody held my hand gently.
"Get me one of the shirts. She needs her leg wrapped. It's broken, and it's bleeding a lot. Her ribs will heal with time."
Cody nodded, and ran back to the camp. Kaylee took a branch and split it in half. When Cody came back, the slip the shirt in half. She wrapped the first half around my leg, then put a stick on either side. She used the other half to wrap it again. I whimpered again.
"She can't walk by herself, and she's gonna have trouble sitting up." Cody nodded and scooped me up in his arms. It hurt, but I didn't tell him. He carried me back to the camp and set me, gently, back on my blanket. he pulled the pelt over me and kissed my cheek.
"I love you. Don't give up. You'll be alright."
I nodded. he sat next to my head and stroked my hair again. I fell asleep, smiling.
When I woke up, he was asleep. he was still net to me. I reached and held his hand. He lifted his head and smiled at me.
"Good morning, Cammie."
I smiled back. My ribs still hurt, and my leg was throbbing. But it was better. A lot better.


© 2011 .:Lu:.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011


Author

.:Lu:.
.:Lu:.

Galena, OH



About
Chocolate......bacon..............and cake. The joys of life. more..

Writing
Leaving Leaving

A Poem by .:Lu:.


My Voice My Voice

A Story by .:Lu:.