When the Rock Breaks

When the Rock Breaks

A Poem by Sophie
"

about a friend :) I think she'll know who she is

"

That moment

when the rock breaks

that moment,

when your rock skates

on the edge of the ice,

not paying attention to the heights.


When the person who is your rock

starts crying,

you don't know what to do,

normally, she seems like she's flying.


Without a care,

without any insecurities,

so when you have to be strong,

which, apparently you have been all along,

you crash and burn

and both get hurt.


When the strong one breaks

it's like seeing your fate,

because if she's gone,

you're not far beyond.

© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read it 3 times, and you know what that means Sophie!! Novel Time!!:)
Okay so first things first, I really like this poem as it was unique, and I enjoy unique writing because it usually has a deeper meaning, as this one does. So starting off: nicely done:)

This is the way I perceived it:

Okay, now with the first stanza: the rock is excellent symbolism of something we love.
"when your rock skates
on the edge of the ice,"
I would have strong belief that you're referring to the reaction we would make our love just skated so mindlessly so close to death. Almost carelessly...how would we feel?

The second stanza relates to that moment when our loved one is crying and we don't really know what to do because we are so shocked. Usually she's so happy, so powerful, so invincible.

So now the 3rd stanza would describe that moment where we all try to be strong, try to have her back, try to fix everything, but we just fall short. As a result, all that hard work, all those wants and cares, all gone...crashed...burned...and sadly, destroyed.

The last stanza, which is my favorite, states that once the strong one breaks, once that first mistake, that first slip up and falling short, you can pretty much see what's going to happen next: you following in her footsteps. And those footsteps don't lead to a happy place...

But all in all I thought it was a really amazing poem and you should, once again, keep it up because we all enjoy reading them:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

an outstanding piece. Its very Wow!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That moment
when the rock breaks...
ah! such an outstanding piece.Nice (really).Brava Sophie!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thanx fr sending the review request.i love thy writings

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is like WOW! very good! :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice poem, I like the last stanza

When the strong one breaks
it's like seeing your fate,
because if she's gone,
you're not far beyond.

I like the rhymes :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are true in this poem. When the person we depend on brake down. Can be scary. I like the flow of thoughts and the true ending. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good, this is good! And you know why this is good? Because this poem is like a tip of an ice burg. You have these words that at first glance seem simple. But below these words there is a world full of emotion and verity. The depth of what you are meaning is incredible. I can definitely relate to this. EVERYONE has that one rock...


Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this a lot! The flow and the theme.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seriously, out of all of us, you know more about me than most because I trust you enough to tell you. Love you Sophie, don't ever change who you are and keep writing!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You described the connection between 'the rock' and the one whom the rock holds steady, just beautifully. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012

Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Great Great

A Chapter by Sophie


Soldier Soldier

A Poem by Sophie


One- Airborne One- Airborne

A Chapter by Sophie