Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Prologue to the story

"

The battle was raging on further ahead.  But for Eraqus, he was staying behind, watching his own pupil dying in his arms.  The healing magicians had done everything they could to help him, but they couldn’t seal his wounds.  He couldn’t help himself when the tears started flowing from his eyes.
“Don’t worry, my master, for I shall become one with the stars, and join my beloved in the heavens.”
“Young Riku, it is too soon for you to leave this world.  It is not fair!  I’ve lost my wife, my children, shall I lose my adopted son too?!  I can’t accept this!”
“This is not my will, but rather the will of the Goddesses.  Do not worry, I will be at peace.  And when your time comes, a place will be prepared for you.  I only have one last request, look after my son, and see that he is raised well.”  With those final words, he breathed his last, and moved on to the next world.  His master tried to fight back the sorrow, but it was too late for that.  A warrior having seen too much pain in life had finally seen enough.  He cried long into the night.  Whether his army was victorious or not, it no longer mattered to him.



© 2013 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Tell me what you think of the intro to the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looking forward to read this :). Loved the beginning, can you please mail me a synopsis of this??

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love how right from the beginning, we are connected to Eraques. Though short, you already give us a reason to turn the page. I look forward to reading the rest!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Of all the short little intros I've read, this is probably my favorite. Instead of having an omniscient kind of narrator dumping lots of info on us, you just give us a scene charged with emotion that sets things up well. I'll have to take a look at the first chapter to form any opinions about your writing since this is too short to say much else



Posted 10 Years Ago


Miles W.

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback. What did you think of the other chapters?
nice intro it draws you into the story and sets the scene. I don't like the beginning of my own :/

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on November 25, 2013


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.