The Weird Day

The Weird Day

A Chapter by M Garcia
"

Sarah is being haunted wherever she goes. Her friends come to help her and she figures out a way to stop the problem. Works magic to get rid of the bad thing, a woman who just can't let go.

"
     I stared at the mess in front of me, how did this happen? I couldn't understand the carnage that I saw. Bodies of my friends were everywhere. None of them were bloody either. I looked around the lake and sighed. It had been so beautiful only hours before. The green trees seemed greener up here than down home, the lake seemed blue instead of the gray/green it actually was. There was very little sand, but at least it wasn't gravel. That would hurt the feet, especially in the hundred degree weather.
     I heard a noise and turned around. Uh-oh. Had whatever done my friends in comeback. I shimmied underneath the dock, for a fat chick I could actually move when I needed too, and right now it seemed I needed to. I felt immediate danger. While I carefully watched, I thought of myself. I knew what I looked like and I was finally okay with myself. Not totally cool with myself, but I was okay with myself. I was 5-foot-3 inches and 300 pounds. I had curly red hair, amber/green eyes, light skinned, freckles littered my face and my skin. I wore glasses that made my eyes seem bigger.
      I looked away and started when I turned back around, a woman that I thought I had gotten rid of, was in front of me. She couldn't see me, but she took whatever it was that she had been using to kill the others and sprayed me with it. It didn't kill me, so I swam away as quick as I could. I swam across the lake and went into the woods. There was a house in the middle of those woods where my friend Matt, his brother, and my husband were staying. I had a few other friends and I would find help there.
      A short time later, I told you for a fat chick I could move, I burst through the door. The trio in the living room looked up, shocked. Instantly they were on alert.
      "What's wrong?" Matt asked. He was a former football player. I glanced at him. He was 6-foot-1 inches and weighed 236 pounds. He had wavy black hair, green eyes, and was very muscled. He had light skin that was beginning to darken as we had been camping and swimming for almost two weeks now. Even I had a bit of color and not all of it red.
     I caught my breath. Things were happening so fast. I didn't think that I would have time to get the circle ready. The wind was beginning to change and I knew what I had to do. "Jeff, Carlos. You two get the things we need for a banishing circle or even a protection circle. Do it quickly," I said, kissing Carlos quickly as he passed me.
      He flashed me a smile and murmured that it would okay. That I could do what needed to be done. The door burst open. "Matt! Help me distract her while they get the ingredients."
      Matt looked at me and nodded. He was going to wait for my lead. I could hear Carlos, my fiancee in the background. He was yelling instructions at Jeff on where to find things. Carlos was 5-foot-3 inches and weighed 260 pounds. He had short black hair that he kept shaved. The black hair was combined with brown eyes and tanned skin. He was bulky, but he was all mine. I loved him for what and who he was. Someone who could make me laugh even when I was pissed off.
     Jeff was yelling back at Carlos telling him that he knew where things were and to stop yelling. Jeff  6-foot-2 inches and was close to 215 pounds. His blonde was striped with purple & yellow hair, but that changed every other week. His green eyes sparkled when he smiled. He was muscled, but not as much as Matt and was not bulky like Carlos.
     "What do you plan to do to me, witch?" the killer asked. "Whatever it is, it will not work."
     "What makes you say that Morgana? Just because it would never work with you? Just because they never wanted to help you or be with you?" It was a low blow and meant to distract; it did just what I wanted it to do.
     She screeched and I carefully watched as the men placed the ingredients around us. Quickly I placed the runes and jumped out of the circle. Morgana stared at the runes and watched them flare to life. She looked up at me and was stunned. "How did you do that?"
     The killer looked genuinely interested and I began to tell her of a dream I had, not so long ago about this night and what would have happened if I had let her continue. I watched as her stunned face slowly disappeared with a final word from her: I will no longer haunt you. You have bested me when no one else could. Be safe.
    
Carlos moved to me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my neck. "You were great, my dear. I love you," he said.
      Matt and Jeff, the only friends I had left, put me in the middle and held me while I cried. Morgana had been my friend once, but power had corrupted her and turned her into a murderess. I did what I had to do, but it did not make me feel better about having to kill her.
     To this day I have the same dream, each one different. Sometimes, I kill her. Other times she kills the men first, then me. I know the truth, but it still isn't enough.


© 2011 M Garcia


Author's Note

M Garcia
Based on a dream I had last night. It was one of those ones that just pick up from where it left off every time I woke up. Details have been added. Short, but may add more later. Like the events leading up to the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The only thing I have to say is that you messed up. In one part of the story your husband is there but then its your financee. I would go fix that. I have no other issues with the story. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very cool... kept the interest "moving" Yes, I liked that part too. the dream of infinite endings was a nice touch to keep the mind lingering of endless possibilities. A+ in my book

Posted 13 Years Ago


This captured my interest right from the start. Brilliant pacing as well. Great work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
Was the killer in a ghost or flesh form? I couldn't tell. And how did she (the killer) get to the house? We know Sarah had to swim across the lake to get there. Those are my only questions. I was very intrigued with this piece, and it's good and suspenseful. It moves along at a nice fast pace which I really like. Good ending, too:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2011


Author

M Garcia
M Garcia

PA



About
more..

Writing
A Death... A Death...

A Poem by M Garcia


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by M Garcia