The Expectant Mother: Part 2

The Expectant Mother: Part 2

A Chapter by M Garcia
"

Picks up a month later, as Matilda and James move into their new place.

"

 

The Expectant Mother

Part 2

 

James looked over at me and smiled. We were both so excited to be moving into our own place. It was something I never thought would happen. I thought that I would be stuck at my parents' house forever. I'm sure James thought the same thing. I felt bad though, because there was nothing I could do to help. I was three months pregnant and James told me not to lift a hand until it was time to put things away.

The house had three bedrooms, three baths. Two of the rooms each had a bathroom in them and all had large walk in closets. James and one of his friends had repainted the entire house over a couple of weeks. My room was a dark blue that carried on to the ceiling. James had taken some of those little glow in the dark stars and planets and glued them to my ceiling so that at night it looked like I was sleeping outside. He had even found a moon light cover and a pale bulb to place inside.

His room was done in shades of brown and none of it looked like s**t. James had gone all out. His parents had provided all the paint and supplies. Not once did they complain. They loved James and only wanted him happy, even if that meant him moving out.

As James moved the boxes into the living room, all furniture would be delivered in a couple of hours; I went into the baby's room. We didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so the room had been done in pale yellow. It actually didn't look gross, which I counted in its favor. James had gone all out when he'd done this room. It was the one room in the house that was totally done. He had gone out and bought a crib, rocking chair, changing table, dresser, and a diaper genie. The bedding and the colors throughout the room matched. He had stickers and things to put on the walls after we found out if it’s a boy or a girl. He's even willing to repaint the room if I wanted him, too. I've already told him no to that telling him that's he done enough as it is.

    The rest of the house is done in earth tones. We thought it would be more calming for me. Even made sure that his parents don't tell my parents or the baby daddy where we are. I doubt they actually had to be told that. They knew how both of us felt about those people. The bathrooms were kept the same. We were lucky this house was kept up so well, otherwise it would have ended up costing us a whole lot more.

"Tilly?" James' voice came. "Where are you?"

"Nursery. Are you okay?" I called back. My back had started to hurt so I sat down in the rocking chair, waiting for him to come into the room. I remembered him in the garage after we'd found out about getting this place. Something had changed in him and I couldn't place my finger on it. Did he remember that night we spent together? I barely remembered.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just taking a break. I decided to put everything in the garage and parked the cars on the road for now. That way it makes more room for the movers to place the furniture."

"Good idea. It’s been so nice and the garage is so clean that I don't think anything will bother our stuff."

"Are you okay? You've been kind of quiet."

I looked up and he knelt down beside me. "I'm fine. Just been thinking."

"About what?"

There was something in his voice that I couldn't place. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

He looked startled. "Where did that come from?"

"Doesn't matter. Do you?"

I was afraid to tell him what I knew I couldn't keep from him anymore. He had every right to know that the baby I'm carrying might be his. He also had every right to know that I had been in love with him for quite some time and am totally and completely afraid to let him know.

* * *

James looked at me. "Why do you want to know? Are you tired of me already?" he asked. It sounded like he was trying to bite back the tears and pain that he was feeling internally.

"No. I will never be tired of you. You're my best friend and the one person besides my baby that I love most in the world," I replied. "If you don't have something to tell me, I do have something to tell you. It may be bad, it may be good. Just depends on how you look at it and what your feelings are. If you don't mind, I'd like to wait until after the furniture is delivered."

"I suppose I can wait since I don't know what you want to talk to me about."

I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek and stood up. "Great. Now let's go decide how we want to arrange the living room, dining room, and the kitchen. We can at least put the food, dishes, and other stuff away while we wait. At least it will keep us busy."

We worked well together. Again he wouldn't let me lift anything. If it was on a lower shelf, I could sit on the floor and put things away. He let me tell him where to put the food, the cookware, the silverware, the plates, the bowls, and everything else in the kitchen. As we finished the last box, we heard a horn honking in the driveway.

James and I looked at each other. He helped me up off the floor and we exited the house through the garage.

"Is this the Mason residence?" the man asked, as he got out of the delivery truck. Looked like it might be our furniture.

"Yes it is," I said. "Who are you?"

"Serge. This is my partner, Donovan," he replied. "We're here to deliver some furniture."

"Wonderful. What's the first thing ready to come off the truck?" James asked. "Bedroom, bedroom, living room, or dining room?"

"Bedroom, living room, dining room, and bedroom," Donovan said. "I think."

"Great. Getting stuff into the dining room shouldn't be too hard. There's only a curio cabinet, table, and some chairs. The bedrooms should be next so that there's room to maneuver in the living room, because of the beds and dressers. Living room should be last because the furniture would just get in the way."

"Sorry, he doesn't mean to tell you how to do your job." I shot James a look to be quiet and let the men work.

"It’s no problem ma'am. Your husband helped a lot. Some people, okay most people, just let us go through the house and stumble around. It is refreshing to have someone let us know how they'd like it done."

I nodded. "I can show you what goes where."

"Thanks."

For the next couple of hours, I directed traffic as all three men carried the bed frames, the mattresses, the dressers, four beside tables, an oak chest for my room, the dining table, the chairs, the curio cabinet, the sofa, the loveseat, two chairs, four end tables, two ottomans, four table lamps, four pole lamps, several area rugs, and a coffee table were brought in. I was amazed at how much they had fit into their delivery truck.

James tipped the two men and closed the door. "I'll move the cars in a minute. What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Let's sit down, this may be a long talk," I said. I had been preparing for this moment for three months and I still had no idea what to say. How do you tell someone that you slept together when they don't remember?

* * *

James sat down on the comfortable, overstuffed couch and I sat down next to him. I took several deep breaths and decided to just tell him the truth.

"Jamie, do you remember a few months back? That party we went to where both of us had gotten totally hammered?" I asked.

"Barely, I know that one of our friends had thrown it because you'd just made a huge sale and landed the decorating afterwards," he said. "Why?"

"Do you remember hooking up with anyone?"

He looked at me. James knew that I rarely, if ever, asked about who he'd boned. Probably wondered why I was asking now. "I remember sitting in a corner and heavily making out with someone. She had a pale yellow dress and no underwear. I had on a black tank, shorts, and no underwear."

At least he remembers that much, I thought to myself. Might make things easier to tell him.

"What's this about?"

"Did you guys go to a bed or just hook up in the corner?"

He looked at me strangely again, but he answered. "In the corner. Like I said, it was easy to just lift her up, undo my pants, and do it right there. If I remember correctly, we went back to her place and did it all night long."

I remembered. It was the best I'd ever had. Even my ex-boyfriend didn't make me feel like James had. I decided to do something that I'd never done sober with him, I sat in his lap and wrapped his arms around me. "Did her body feel like this?"

I made him run his hands over my clothes and cup my swollen breasts. I let his hands roam over my body as I fought not to shiver. I moved his hand to underneath my skirt and asked, "Did her privates feel like this?"

I kept my face on his, my eyes locked with his. I reached between us and undid his pants. I maneuvered us so that I could straddle him. "Did she feel like this around your quivering penis?"

I guided myself in and watched as he sat there shocked. I rubbed my groin against his and watched as his eyes closed and he threw his head back. I slowly moved back and forth. James' hands moved towards my hips and gripped me. I went faster as he began thrusting up into me.

I made him look at me. We kept eye contact as we came together. I cried out and could feel my inner muscles milking him dry. I finally kissed him and whispered, "Did her lips feel like this?"

Still connected, he kissed me back. It was full of such passion, such want. I broke the kiss. "Don't be mad at me," I said.

"Why would I be mad at you?" he sounded incredulous.

"Because I think you're my baby's father and I've hidden the fact from you for three months."

James looked at me and slowly smiled. "Really?"

"Yes. You're not mad?"

"Baby I love you and I want to marry you. Its always been you for me. I've never wanted anyone else!"

I stared at him. "I love you too!"

We kissed again and James just held me close to him as something had finally gone my way. Now I could only pray that my child was going to be our child.



© 2011 M Garcia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I figured that James and Tilly were going to fall in love, but I didn't think that he might be her baby daddy! I really liked the scene where she "told" him about their encounter--although it seemed like it developed a little too quickly to be natural. Then again, she's pregnant, so almost anything could happen! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

604 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 27, 2011


Author

M Garcia
M Garcia

PA



About
more..

Writing
A Death... A Death...

A Poem by M Garcia


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by M Garcia