The School

The School

A Chapter by M Garcia
"

Based on a dream I had. Please see Author's Note for more.

"

The School

 

          I looked up at the building and was excited. It was my senior year in one of the most exclusive high schools in the area.

    Last year was absolutely awesome. We have the best teachers, but over the summer we’d heard that we’d have a whole new staff and some of the rules would be changing.

    We knew of at least two rule changes already. Basically they were the same rule, but worded differently. Friends won’t be in the same classes; and boyfriends and girlfriends won’t be in the same classes.

    It sucked because I finally had a boyfriend this year. He was really cute, too. He was African-American and medium height. A hundred and forty pounds, dyed blond hair (his natural color was black) and deep chocolate brown eyes. Slightly muscular and he was very athletic.

    Why he liked me, I wasn’t sure. I was short and lean; a little less than petite. I was about a hundred pounds with a bit of muscle. I had straight black hair and purple eyes and a not-so-bad sense of style.

    I searched the crowd for him, but I didn’t see my boyfriend, Omi. I shrugged and headed inside. I would see him at lunch.

* * *

    It was lunch and I was unhappy. I didn’t know anyone in any of my classes. They made us change into uniforms during our first class. We even had to walk in two straight lines to each class. Two by two.

    I saw a group of friends and they had changed into their own clothes. I pulled off my uniform. We had to stop this. Had to nip this in the bud.

    I cruised between the cliques and no one wanted to help me until I did the unthinkable.

    I walked up to my boyfriend’s clique and began walking with them.

    I talked directly to their leader and my boyfriend kept a hold of my hand.

    “We need to go the new headmaster and let them know how we feel,” I said. “Yanima, it is the only way to get rid of the uniforms.”

    “Acara, you’re right,” Yanima said. “Lead the way.”

    I nodded and with Omi’s hand firmly in mine, I led the way to the new headmaster’s office.

* * *

    The new headmaster was actually the new headmistress and I had to admit she was beautiful. She was how I pictured the Greek Goddess Aphrodite.

    Tall, leggy, and voluptuous; hair was as golden as the sun and kissed by the moon. Her eyes the color of the sky on cloudless day. Her skin the color of honey.

    “Ma’am?” I ventured. “Please don’t dismiss our complaints. We used to love our school. We took pride in telling everyone that we went to the Tea Revitalizing School. The teachers were amazing as so were the classes.”

    “For being an exclusive school, we didn’t have to wear uniforms,” Yanima said.

    Omi added, “We never had to walk in two straight lines between classes and we could talk during our lessons as long as the teacher was lecturing.”

    “This is a school, not a prison. Schools like this are why private and public schools are compared to prisons. Please help us.”

    I had never begged before and I didn’t like it. I didn’t have to beg. My parents were divorced and between the two of them, I got what I wanted.

    She looked at me and smiled. “Done,” she said. “Please follow me.”

    I looked at the others and nodded.

    We followed her out of her office, out of the building, and finally stood in front of the building next door.

    I looked at it.

    The building was as tall as a skyscraper with fewer windows. It had golden paint and a darker yellow color for the trim around the windows and the corners of the building. The windows themselves shown like diamonds.

    It wasn’t here when I arrived at the school this morning. It hadn’t even been there when we went to talk to the headmistress.

    “Welcome to Honeysuckle High, the most exclusive school on the planet,” the headmistress said. “In your pockets are your schedules. Please take your time. The school day has been extended while you learn where your classes are. I think you will find this school to be like no other.”

    A felt with my free hand and found a small piece of paper that hadn’t been there before.

    I could hear the others getting into their pockets and then papers rustling. Everyone went inside and that’s when the frenzy began.

* * *

    On the inside of the light mustard colored building was a list of the classrooms, the teachers, and maps on how to get to them.

    Kids were disappearing left and right even into the thin air.

    I found my classes, no problem, and learned I could teleport. Go figure.

    By the end of the day the entire student body was exhausted. Everyone collapsed at the tables and benches in front of the school.

    There classes for teleporting, spell casting, and so much more.

    I looked for Omi and couldn’t find him.

    I asked one of his clique members and he pointed to a beautiful onyx colored orb on the ground.

    “This is your final test,” the headmistress said, “to see if you are worthy to lead them.”

    “What do you mean?” I demanded.

    I didn’t wait for an answer. No one turned my boyfriend into an orb. Pretty onyx or not. Its just not done.

    I picked up the orb and then did a summoning. I had no freaking idea what I was doing. All I knew was that I was pissed off and scared.

    I heard someone yell, “Stop her! She’ll kill him!”

    “No. Look,” the headmistress said. “She must truly love him or she wouldn’t be able to summon her powers yet.”

    I felt something slither around me and take the orb out of my hand. It was a thin snake. I am usually afraid of snakes, but I wasn’t afraid of this one. I knew it wouldn’t harm me.

    Blue lightening flew from my fingertips as the snake took the orb and swallowed it before jumping into the air.

    Moments later the snake burst open and Omi appeared.

    “Baby, you look hot,” he said, grinning. “Your hair is puffed up and curly. Your eyes are light shining amethysts.”

    “You passed the test and a beast has chosen you,” my teleporting teacher said. “You are your friends are worthy of our school.”

    “You are worthy of leading them,” the headmistress added.

    The gathered crowd cheered as I cozied up to my boyfriend.



© 2011 M Garcia


Author's Note

M Garcia
Acara and her friends are flabbergasted by the new teachers at their school this year. They complain to the headmistress and everything changes. After the change, they wonder if they were better off with the old teachers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool story!
Lots of twists
and unexpected turns.
High school might have
Been more exciting there!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on September 25, 2011


Author

M Garcia
M Garcia

PA



About
more..

Writing
A Death... A Death...

A Poem by M Garcia


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by M Garcia