Prologue: Angel Dust

Prologue: Angel Dust

A Chapter by Maddison Boys
"

Dani's journey has just begun... with one mistake your life can be ruined for good.

"

Prologue: Angel Dust

Have you ever wondered what it’d be like to experiment with drugs? What it would be like to actually fit in for once? These are the thoughts that it takes for teenagers all over the world to get addicted or lose themselves forever. Danielle Lewis never thought that she would ever get caught up in that crowd. All it was one night, one mistake, and one heartbreak to change her life forever. Dani quickly learned that something so fun can only be that much more deadly. Dani’s older brother, Matt was falling quickly down a path he thought would be as exciting as it felt. Matt had no idea how wrong he could truly be. While he was falling deeper and deeper he dragged Dani into his decisions. Only to end life quicker than it had began.


News Report

“One of the students at the scene spoke to one of our reporters the night of the incident. They would rather stay anonymous. The student said, “I never knew that one night of fun could lead to ruining the rest of my life...”. I just think that is very powerful because it is so true. No one knows that this could happen until it finally does. I’m Jackson Thomas, and this is my co-worker Celia Carson. We’re here to keep everyone updated on the incident that happened last night. Friday, August 29, 2012. Two students of Redwood High were rushed to the hospital at 2am. Roughly 5 students were arrested for drug abuse, and selling of illegal substances. About 30 students were written up for guilty by association, as well as under age drinking. All students that were caught at the scene of the crime are being expelled, suspended, as well kicked off teams, and suspended on and off the courts/fields. What a crazy night Celia! Do you think all that is worth this?” Jackson said reading off of the monitor waiting for Celia’s que.

“Yes Jackson, that seems like an awfully crazy night. Let’s not get too far off track and discuss about the two students that were rushed off to the hospital.” Celia paused putting her finger to her ear to hear what news they just found out. “Just in that we are allowed to give out the names. The two students at Central Hospital are Danielle Marie Lewis, and her brother Matthew John Lewis. Danielle, and Matthew are both still unconscious. We will try to keep each and every one of you updated with information on these siblings. Danielle is a Sophomore at Redwood high. She is on the cheerleading squad as well top 20 in her grade. Matthew is a Senior at Redwood High as well, he is the leading Quarterback in the county, and is in the top 40 of his grade. There is an ongoing investigation into what truly happened last night. They have not released any information to us. As soon as we find something out we will try to keep you, the public undated on their condition.” Celia finished as the camera cut and they were no longer on air.


The tv in Dani and Matt’s room was clicked off. Dani’s lifeless body lay in the hospital bed, her brother was lying right next to her. Their parents sat on either side of their children as they worried about them both. No one ever thought that this could ever happen...



© 2013 Maddison Boys


Author's Note

Maddison Boys
Let me know what you think, and what I can do to make this piece stronger and more effective as a Prologue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, in the second sentence you do not need the 'even'; "have you ever been the slightest..." works fine. Later, get rid of the 'and or'. Choose one, she either did them all or she did one. In the fifth sentence, get rid of 'her and'. The sentence would sound better without it.

Personally, I hate prologues and do not use them. So I won't be much help in making this chapter more powerful. The question as an opener does draw a reader in. So that's good.

And I'm glad you used third-person. Awesome :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013
Tags: hospital, death, body, lifeless, heartless, broken, drugs


Author

Maddison Boys
Maddison Boys

About
I'm a Junior in Highschool. I'm not a very experienced writer but I'm looking for somewhere that will give me a better experience. Whether it forces me to have thicker skin because of the criticism or.. more..

Writing