Chapter 1: Black Beauties

Chapter 1: Black Beauties

A Chapter by Maddison Boys
"

The night before she ended up in the hospital bed, the night that changed her life forever.

"

Chapter 1: Black Beauties

            “Matty! Where are you going?” Dani nagged at her big brother, Matt who was getting ready for tonight’s barn party.   

            “I’m going out.” Matt said being short with her like he always seemed to be. They used to be so close always doing everything together. It seemed at though the moment Dani turned 16 and became a sophomore her brother treated her differently.

            “So am I. I’m going with you.” Dani stood in the doorway. Her blonde hair was now down to her upper-waist, dark green eyes that had mascara, and eyeliner out lining them while her slim, but fit figure stood in the doorframe he couldn’t help but smile. Her leather jacket slung on her shoulders casually as you could see the black tank top with tight dark wash jeans and dark leather boots to match her look. Matt looked her up and down and gave a grunt finally giving into his sister’s wish. She was getting older everyday and wasn’t a child anymore. Matt knew that he could trust her because she was more like him then he would ever wish to admit. He saw Dani’s stubbornness, attitude, and the way she was always attracted to danger reflect himself.

            “Fine, we leave in 10min.” Matt gruffly said grabbing his guitar to finish tuning it and play a few strings. Dani became curious at what he was working on and walked into his room finally then sat on his bed near him. Matt took the guitar and gently began to strum looking down at the piece of paper, which had words, notes, and random doodles on it. It looked like it had been through the trash and back. Dani starred at it, as she was very intrigued by it. Matt then thought for a second wondering if Dani was so much like him then why hadn’t he thought about if she had as much musical talent as him. He had seen the paintings that were hung up in her room before, they were gorgeous they even looked professional for a while he thought they really were. His parents later mentioned that they were Dani’s. Matt was even shocked. He finally decided to open his mouth not to sing the melody that had been stuck in his head all day but to ask her to sing with him.

            “Dani?” Matt asked her, she looked up immediately from the paper that she was glued too.

            “Yeah Matty?” She asked in a hushed tone as she admired Matt’s work.

            “Sing with me…please!” Matt pleaded her as he began to play the introduction. Dani began to tap her foot to the music.

            “Don’t let go, just hold on, don’t go just stay.” Matt sang waiting another four beats for Dani to star her part.

            I don’t wanna let go, let go. I just wanna hold on, hold on. To this feeling forever!” Dani sang shyly and quietly, just like the melody would like. Her voice was amazing. Matt missed a few chords because he was taken a back by it. He just continued on playing a few beats before he began to sing again.

            We’re in this together, never gonna find anyone other than you, your all I need to watch over, your all I want to see, as we grow old together. You are all I’ve needed for years, glad your still supportin’ me”

            “I enjoyed all those laughs, all the times we spent taking crap from all those people who said we would never last forever!” Dani sang the last part loudly as she built up for the chorus.

            They began to sing in unison “Don’t let go, just hold on, don’t go just stay with me forever. So don’t let go let go, I’m gonna keep holdin’ o-on, we’re gonna share this feel-ing together-r for-ever-ever.” That’s when they were jolted out of the song by a loud honk coming from outside.

            “Wait Matt they can wait a moment! Who’d your write that song for?” Dani asked curiosity taking over her thoughts.

            “It’s for Kaden! I don’t have a special girl in my life you know that.” Matt looked down knowing that he hadn’t been communicating much with Dani.

            “Oh… well who’s it for? Like what girl?” Dani was beaming for an answer. Deep down in her heart Dani wished it was herself but knew that it wasn’t. Kaden was Matt’s best friend so therefore off limits. Also she was dating Declan so she was more off limits then Kaden.

            “I don’t know he won’t tell me her name. Really though we need to go!” Matt and Dani skittered down the stairs as they passed the kitchen their dad, Dallas, stopped them.

            “Where are the two of you going?” He asked them looking suspicious because ever since Dani started going to school with Matt they hadn’t talked much.

            “Well, Dani finally showed me her skills for music and singing just about 5min. ago so I decided that I was gonna drag her to the concert that you said I could go to.” Matt said looking straight into his dad’s eyes.

            “Okay, fine. Be safe! Dani be smart.” Dallas’ eyes starred at the backs of his children unknowingly that only one would come back alive…



© 2013 Maddison Boys


Author's Note

Maddison Boys
Please let me know on the grammar problems, also what do you think of putting having the dad's name instead of her father every time? What about the song they sing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: night, party, change, boys, sex, love, drugs, rock n roll, family problems


Author

Maddison Boys
Maddison Boys

About
I'm a Junior in Highschool. I'm not a very experienced writer but I'm looking for somewhere that will give me a better experience. Whether it forces me to have thicker skin because of the criticism or.. more..

Writing