Chapter 2: White Horse

Chapter 2: White Horse

A Chapter by Maddison Boys
"

Flashes back into the present. It's going every other chapter back and forth.

"

Chapter 2: White Horse

            Dani felt like the world was crashing down on her. The blackness began to enclose her. She looked around and all she could see was black. "Hello?" She yelled. Echo's of her hello sounded out around her. Dani felt completely and utterly alone. She felt like she was falling down a hole and couldn't get up.

            Dani tried to grip onto the reality about her brother, Matt. She wondered where he was and if he was sitting in the chair next to her bed waiting for her to wake up. One thing was right in her statement. Matt was waiting for her.

            Dani’s image of Matt’s tear stricken face is what helped her get the strength to climb to the surface. She saw a white light and wasn’t quite sure where it would take her.  The reason is because in all those movies with a white light it always meant that you were dead. In that moment though she didn’t care where it would take her. She didn’t want to be in the blackness alone any longer.

            Dani felt a jolt as she started towards the light. She saw Matt standing there; waiting for her. She reached out towards him “Matty!” Dani screamed as another jolt rippled through her body.

            “Be good Dani. Be safe. I love you, but it’s not your time. Go home.” Matt said as he walked up to her. He bent down and whispered, “I’m sorry” into her ear. Dani felt another jolt but this one unlike the others made Matt disappear. Dani returned to her body. She could hear everything around her from the beeping of the heart rate machine to her parents, well mainly her mother crying in the corner away from the ruckus. Dani was scared to open her eyes, to see her mother’s face, to hear about Matt dying. She knew the moment he said, “it’s not your time.” That he was no longer here with her, at least not on this plane.

            “Danielle? Honey, please wake up. We miss you.” Dani’s mother, Lillian Jane whispered.  Lillian laid her head down on Dani’s hand that wasn’t as lifeless as it was moments before.

           Dani could feel her mother wet face on her hand and the pain hit her. She had caused her parents so much fear and heartbreak because she didn’t try to stop, or even control her brother. Dani lay there very still before she opened her eyes to contemplate all that she will be faced with the very moment she flutters her eyes open.




© 2013 Maddison Boys


Author's Note

Maddison Boys
What do you think of going back and forth with chapters? Is it too confusing? Help on the grammar especially with little things that I probably miss as I write. Remember this is a rough, rough draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013


Author

Maddison Boys
Maddison Boys

About
I'm a Junior in Highschool. I'm not a very experienced writer but I'm looking for somewhere that will give me a better experience. Whether it forces me to have thicker skin because of the criticism or.. more..

Writing