Lolita Cat

Lolita Cat

A Chapter by Saki Kikkio
"

Chapter

"
     "Ambrosia!" The cat girl turned and looked at the table of people, a few held up their drinks and grinned like fools. She smiled and swayed over to refill all of the mugs. She had been working in the bar for a month, and she was all the regulars favorite, her section was always filled with men ready to get fall down drunk. Only one man ever tried to grab at her, she had cried and every other man in the bar had thrown the offender out. Each of them had apologized for the ones act to Ambrosia for over an hour.
     That night when Fang had carried her home, Violet had fussed over her until she fell asleep. Brushing her hair and tail out, finding clean clothes that fit, she ended up in one of Fang's t-shirts and sweatpants. The next day she had taken her to Junction city and went clothes shopping Fang was dragged along and brought a book to read while he waited. She had taken to lolita styled clothing, and Violet did nothing to keep her from it, quite the opposite really. After trying of 30 different dresses, they decided to get lunch at a nearby cafe. 
     "What are you reading?" She asked, he looked up at her wide curious eyes. "Greek myths." She had no idea what they were "What are they about?" Fang shrugged and closed the book, "The mythical greek gods, messing with humans, feasting on nectar ambrosia." Full of questions, she asked him, "What's ambrosia?" The waitress came by and set a cup of coffee in front of Fang and a glass of milk in front of the cat.
     "Ambrosia was the food of the gods. Said to give immortal life and great strength. Why?" He sipped his coffee and looked around for Violet, she had disappeared saying she wanted to go look for something. "Ambrosia..." She rolled it around on her tongue like she was tasting it. "Can it be my name to?" He was caught off guard and burnt his mouth on the coffee. That night Violet had encouraged her to think of a name, he didn't think she had remembered, she was half asleep. "Ambrosia the cat it's cute." She blushed and tugged at the bill of the baseball cap, they had put it on her to hide her ears.
     Violet run up to the table and slid into an empty chair, "Guess what I got you!" She held out a box to Ambrosia. She opened it carefully and looked in, an array of ribbons in every color were folded neatly. The were wide and long, like to use for headbands. Violet beamed, "Now you wouldn't have to wear hats everywhere, you can wear these, aren't they cute?" Ambrosia nodded, "I got a name!" Violet was surprised, "Oh, and what did you pick?" She was grinning as she said, "Ambrosia!"

     There was no arguing with the cat, she was Ambrosia Angel Knight, Violet's cousin from up north. Like New York isles up north. Fang had hired her on as a waitress at the bar, and she had stayed put ever since. She seemed happy, thats what she told Violet when she asked, she had her own room in Fang's house and had yet to decorate it, she didn't make any friends with the girls that came in and invited her to go out with them. She went from work to home, everyday, except sundays when the bar was closed, then she read any books she could get her hands on. Violet assumed that she was a reader, until...
     "Violet, are you and Abooksigun lovers?" Ambrosia asked, Violet in the middle of a drink, spat it all on the table. "Where on earth did you come up with that idea?" The cat girl looked at her innocently, "Well, in my book, it was talking about two people who live together, get along well, and spend a lot of time together." Violet frowned at her for a moment, "By that definition, you and Fang are lovers, or you and me." Ambrosia's eyes got bright and she smiled, "Got it, so you and Abooksigun are not lovers." Violet nodded, "Right, so lets get going."
     As they walked in the back door Fang was coming out of the office. Ambrosia skipped up to him and pecked him on the cheek before going up front. He looked at Violet, "What did you do?" She threw her arm up, "Apparently I screwed the f**k up!" She crossed her arms and stood by the back door, leaning against the frame. "She asked if you and I were lovers, I told her that by the definition she gave me you and her could be lovers just as easily. She must have took that as an opening, I guess she likes you. Why do you immediately ask what I did? I might have had nothing to do with it."
     Fang shrugged, "You always seem to be in everything." With that he walked around to the bar, Violet didn't move. She scowled and thought about it, she really did have a hand in everything that happened around her. Angry she grabbed her apron and stalked to the dining area with her pencil and notepad. She didn't talk to Fang or Ambrosia, after the afternoon rush Ambrosia went up to her. "I'm sorry." Violet surprised asked, "What for?'' The raven haired girl studied her feet, "I misunderstood what you were telling me, but it was on purpose, I like Abooksigun like that. I asked and you said I fit the description, but I knew you were being sarcastic, so I'm sorry." Violet felt like she had kicked a puppy, or would it be a kitten? She hugged Ambrosia, "Don't worry about it, if you like him, I wish you the best of luck. Me and him have been friends for years, I've never thought of him like that, so you're fine." 
     Laughing Ambrosia hugged back, "Thank you!" They spun around and Ambrosia darted into the back room. "S**t!" Violet went after her, thinking of what she should have done. In the back Fang was on the floor, Ambrosia on top of him, from what Violet could see Ambrosia was making out with him. Breathing was not required because they layed there long enough for Violet to run through all of the table, get refills on everything. She went back around, this time Fang was on top. Violet clapped her hands and poked Fang's shoulder. "I think you should either take it to the house, or into the woods." He nodded and pulled away from the girl.
     Violet went back to work and didn't see the two for hours, 'Well, they really hit it off.' She thought as she waited on tables. Sam asked her as he filled her order, "Where is Abooksigun and the girl?" Violet shrugged, "Who knows, they'll be back later." He nodded understanding, he wasn't stupid. Three men and a girl walked in. One was african, the other three were obviously gypsies. 
     The younger sat at the bar, while the last asked to use a phone, he was older, at least 40, and built like a truck. Sam told him where to go and a number for a mechanic, their ride must have broken down. Violet went up to them, "Hello! I'm Violet, what can I get ya'll today?" The girl smiled, "Ocarina, I'll just have a diet of whatever soda you carry. Numair? Nyatui?" The boy with the gold yellow eyes gave her a half smile that spelled trouble, but only if she was up for it. "A bourbon please." Violet raised an eyebrow, "I.D?" Numair didn't flinch, "Ginger ale if you have it." Violet laughed and looked at Nyatui, "Just water please." His english was rough and obviously difficult.
     Violet brought the drinks and Numair said, "You know a tiger." It wasn't a question. "Tiger? In Louisiana? Only bobcats out here." Ocarina smacked her brother's arm, "Be nice alright." To Violet she asked, "Where is the bathroom?" Pointing it out Violet said, "Through that doorway and down the hall." Ocarina thanked her and walked in the direction pointed. "What do you mean by tiger?" Numair smiled, "A man, older than eighteen, that can go from being a tiger to man within moments of each other. Has amazing sense of smell and strength beyond that of a normal man." Violet raised an eyebrow, "Oh, so they can only be men?" 
     Numair's laugh was low and husky, "No, just a bad phrase of words." Violet tossed her hair, "Why do you think I know one of these tigers?" Numair shrugged, "Intuition I guess." Violet snorted, "Bull s**t." She grabbed his hand and was instantly in a memory.
     'The jungle flashed by, the antelope rushed ahead of him, begging for escape. A bengel lept out of the under brush, tackling the prey animal. Kicking and fighting, the other tiger with deep green eyes struggled to hold the catch down. Numair raced over and delivered the killing blow to the neck, together the two feasted on the prize.'
     Violet leaned back and licked her lips, "You tigers are so lucky. Running about, hunting, alone or with a partner." She looked at Nyatui, he was studying her, nervous about what she just did. "So, you must have been the bengal, that shade of green is rare even in cats." She turned to Numair, "You could have just said so, hiding the fact that you're tigers isn't going to help me help you. So what do you want with Fang?" Numair grinned "Fang? Who has ever heard a more perfect tiger name? Nyatui, have you?" Nyatui smirked, "My name means fighting tiger, yours means baby tiger." Numair stared at him, "You're kidding me, really?"
     Nyatui looked down at his glass, embarrassed. As if on cue Fang slipped behind the bar, "Where's Ambrosia?" Violet asked, he looked at her, his hair was tousled with a few leaves. "In the bathroom getting cleaned up." Violet scowled and picked the leaves out of his hair. "Is this going to become the norm with you two?" He smiled a little, "I hope so." She rolled her eyes, "Fang, these two are Numair and Nyatui. Have fun." She walked into the bathroom where Ocarina was helping Ambrosia brush out her hair, pulling twigs and leaves out. Ambrosia was beaming and radiated joy, Ocarina looked like she was trying not to laugh at the girl. Ambrosia's dress was half undone and hanging off one shoulder, her shoes were gone. Her ribbon was in Ocarina mouth. 
     Ambrosia was talking really fast and happily, her tail was lazily swinging to and fro around her legs, her ears twitched to a happy tune in her head. Ocarina didn't seemed surprised to see them, just accepting and helpful. Violet helped redress Ambrosia. She went through every detail of every book she had ever read.
 


© 2013 Saki Kikkio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on May 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 9, 2013
Tags: tiger, world, U.S.A, indian, travel, other


Author

Saki Kikkio
Saki Kikkio

griffin, GA



About
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. Then watch as the world goes to chaos trying to figure out how you beat their limits more..

Writing
Shadows Shadows

A Poem by Saki Kikkio


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Saki Kikkio