adam’s confusion

adam’s confusion

A Chapter by Mes
"

“for a second, i even thought it hit you.”

"
Adam did not understand the chills that he was receiving throughout his body. He rounded a corner and felt as if eyes were boring into his form, but after he began to sprint down the road, he came to an abrupt stop in the middle.

A flash of red and white clouded his vision as he crashed into a nearby bush, becoming aware of the sudden warmth atop his form. He scrambled to escape the someone near him as horrible thoughts flooded his mind.

“Are you okay? Or?” the someone spoke, gesturing with her hands upon the word ‘or.’

Adam studied the mysterious person and found that the red was the color of an eye, while the white was the color of an eyepatch.

“If you don’t need medical attention, I’m going to leave.”

“I’m… fine. Thank you, though.” Adam waited for her to offer a hand, and when she did not, he pulled himself to his feet. “Are you a doctor?”

The girl looked at him carefully. “You could say that.” She stuffed her hands into her pockets and cocked her head to the side. “Are you gonna continue to stare at me, or can I go?”

Taken aback by her sudden attitude, Adam responded, “Sorry, sorry. I didn’t mean to stare. Thank you.” Before she could turn toward her destination again, he added, “Why did you push me, may I ask?”

She regarded him with a confused expression.

“I didn’t mean to startle you,” he immediately murmured, wondering why he was apologizing for such a simple question.

“You almost got hit by a car. Did you not realize that?” She scratched the back of her neck. “For a second, I even thought it hit you.”

Adam blinked.

“You really didn’t realize?”

Adam shook his head.

Incredulous, she half-heartedly laughed and tapped her foot against the pavement. “Doesn’t matter. I’ll get going.”

Even after she disappeared into the distance, Adam did not recall any vehicles that had been on the road when he had paused.


© 2019 Mes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on September 24, 2019
Last Updated on September 24, 2019
Tags: ocs, mystery, car, drabble


Author

Mes
Mes

About
“that’s a lonely statement, monsieur.” more..

Writing
saber’s bread saber’s bread

A Chapter by Mes


nethlyvia’s sunset nethlyvia’s sunset

A Chapter by Mes