candy’s fear

candy’s fear

A Chapter by Mes
"

“it says that if you see this picture, you’ll be cursed…”

"
When Saber heard harsh pounding against her front door, she expected to find Calista attempting to locate shelter from the current storm, or even Elkhazel miraculously using the door to enter the house and disturb every object in sight.

She did not expect to discover Candy, soaked and trembling, shoving a cellphone into her face.

“It’s horrible!” cried Candy as she forced Saber to gaze into the bright screen of the cellphone, causing her to squint. “I’m gonna die, you see?”

“What are you blabbing about?” Saber sighed, taking a step back. “Get inside. It’s raining.”

Candy widened her eyes. “You’re right! I’m gonna be struck by lightning if I stand outside!”

“Not what I meant, but okay.” Saber closed the door once Candy crossed the threshold. “I’ll ask again. What are you blabbing about?”

“Didn’t you see my phone?”

“I couldn’t exactly read whatever it was, since you were shoving it into my face, idiot.”

“Ah, you’re right,” muttered Candy, momentarily fiddling with her cellphone. “W-Wait, but if I show you, you’ll die too…”

“What are you on about?” Saber placed a hand to her forehead. “Geez, you’re annoying.”

“Um, it’s this post, right? It says that if you see this picture, you’ll be cursed… And I saw it!” Candy whined, grasping her cellphone with both hands. “You’re a doctor, right, Sabs? If I get hurt, you’ll save me, right?”

“Why are you suddenly giving me a nickname? You’re worse than Elkhazel sometimes.” Saber shook her head and crossed her arms. “As for the post, you’re not gonna die.”

Candy frowned. “Are you mad at me?”

“No.”

“You look mad…”

“This is just my face!”

“Scary.” Candy pushed her cellphone into her pocket and remained still, droplets of water dripping from her clothes onto Saber’s rug. “Um, about the post…”

“You won’t die, idiot. It’s one of those stupid posts that just scare people. Ghosts aren’t real, so you’re fine.” Saber tapped her foot against the floor and glanced at the rug underneath Candy’s feet. “You’re soaking wet, you know.”

“But the post said it’s cursed!”

“Are you deaf? Ghosts aren’t real.” Saber held out her hand. “If you’re so scared, let me look at the post, and I’ll show you that it’s fake.”

Candy pressed a hand against her pocket, guarding her cellphone. “You’ll be cursed!”

“Well, if you wish to continue believing that, be my guest.”

Candy stuck out her bottom lip, tugged her cellphone from her pocket, tapped on the screen several times, and placed it in the palm of Saber’s hand.

Saber hummed to herself as she scanned the so-called lethal post, discovering that it was merely a copy-and-pasted text that would undoubtedly frighten gullible individuals into assuming that they would be cursed by an unknown source. She raised her eyebrows and shut off the cellphone and tossed it onto her couch, earning an offended huff from Candy.

Saber shrugged. “What? Don’t be frightened by those things. They’re fake.”

“How do you know?”

“I’ve seen it before,” Saber lied, assuming that Candy would not understand logic, “and I’m not dead. This post has been around for awhile.”

“I didn’t know you’ve seen these kinda things before,” murmured Candy, staring at Saber in awe. “You’re scared of this stuff, aren’t you? Elkhazel told me.”

“Elkhazel is an idiot, and I wouldn’t hesitate to hit her with a brick,” said Saber, her tone so monotonous that Candy paused and blinked.

“Er, scary…”

“I’m not scared of something that doesn’t exist,” Saber replied firmly. “You also shouldn’t be. Do you plan on leaving, or what?”

“Um.” Candy clasped her hands together. “Can I stay here tonight?”

“I don’t really care.”

Candy bit her lip and tilted her head to the side. “I think that’s a yes?”

“It’s whatever you see it as.” Saber pointed at Candy’s clothes, which were still wet and stuck to her skin. “I don’t want my furniture wet, so I’m getting you a change of clothes. I don’t know if they’ll fit, but I should have something.”

“You’re surprisingly kind,” giggled Candy, sparkling.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Saber hissed, advancing toward her bedroom. “Also, no offense, but why didn’t you go to Calista?”

Candy began to twirl her finger upon wrapping a strand of hair around it. “I knew she wouldn’t yell facts at me, and you’re good at that.”

“All I did was call you an idiot.”

“Well, sometimes people need to hear that!”


© 2020 Mes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ash
AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2020
Last Updated on May 18, 2020
Tags: ocs, drabble, horror maybe


Author

Mes
Mes

About
“that’s a lonely statement, monsieur.” more..

Writing
saber’s bread saber’s bread

A Chapter by Mes


nethlyvia’s sunset nethlyvia’s sunset

A Chapter by Mes