ester’s potion

ester’s potion

A Chapter by Mes
"

“i told you to leave the potion alone.”

"
“You know,” said Nightingale, leaning over a desk full of various potions, “I don’t know why you’re so hard on yourself.”

Ester leaned back in her chair and glanced in Nightingale’s direction. “What do you mean?”

“You always say nothing you do ever turns out right,” Nightingale explained, gathering two potions into her arms before presenting them to Ester. “Didn’t you mix these?”

“Yes, and I’d be careful with them. They didn’t turn out right.”

“See?”

Ester sighed. “I’m serious. All the potions I mix always have the opposite effect.”

Nightingale set one of the potions atop the nearest desk and held the other in front of her face, inspecting its contents. “It looks fine to me.” She narrowed her eyes. “Just a darker pink than usual. Unsurprised.”

“You just said I’m too hard on myself, but now you’re making fun of me?”

“I didn’t say others couldn’t criticize you.” Nightingale raised her eyebrows, catching Ester’s irritated expression. “I’m kidding.”

“Just throw them out. I’m not good with potions.”

Nightingale rolled her eyes and flipped the vial over, allowing a drop of the potion to splash against the palm of her hand. She placed the potion next to its twin and waited for something to occur.

“Are you dumb?” Ester jumped to her feet and rushed toward Nightingale. “I said the potion didn’t turn out right! It hasn’t even been tested!”

“Relax,” Nightingale groaned. “Nothing’s even happening. It’s a healing potion, right?”

“It’s supposed to be.”

“Well, my hand feels nice.” Nightingale shrugged and reached toward the potion. “What if I drink it?”

Ester seized Nightingale’s wrist and yanked it away from the potion, though Nightingale easily escaped her grasp and grabbed the potion with her free hand. She held the potion to her lips and lightly sipped before Ester yanked the vial from her hands.

“Did you drink any of it?” demanded Ester, setting the potion down once more.

“Yeah.” Nightingale touched a finger to her chin. “Hm. Nothing’s happening.”

Ester scratched the back of her neck, beginning to feel hopeful. “…Does it taste like a healing spell?”

“Compared to ones I’ve made? No,” Nightingale admitted. “But there’s multiple healing potions in the world.”

“How’s it taste?”

“Sour.” Nightingale cringed. “My tongue kinda burns, actually.”

Ester held out her hand. “Transfer your pain to me.”

“Eh?” Nightingale slapped Ester’s hand away and snorted. “I’m joking. Nothing’s wrong.”

“You’re annoying. I’m annoyed now,” complained Ester, puffing out her cheeks. “I told you to leave the potion alone.”

Nightingale chortled and hopped onto the front desk, crossing her legs. “Nothing went wrong with the potion, you know.”


© 2020 Mes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

After reading the entry I felt like I needed more or some back story was missing. Only to find out that this was just one entry in a book. I wish I had started at the beginning of the book. But now i'm definitely interested in the book. I wonder what's the book about, Witches? It's not easy to grab my interest with an entry already a few chapters in as I usually like to know everything thats going on already. So kudos to you for good writing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mes

3 Years Ago

ahh thank you very much!! this book is just full of drabbles i write of characters i’ve come up wi.. read more



Reviews

After reading the entry I felt like I needed more or some back story was missing. Only to find out that this was just one entry in a book. I wish I had started at the beginning of the book. But now i'm definitely interested in the book. I wonder what's the book about, Witches? It's not easy to grab my interest with an entry already a few chapters in as I usually like to know everything thats going on already. So kudos to you for good writing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mes

3 Years Ago

ahh thank you very much!! this book is just full of drabbles i write of characters i’ve come up wi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 29, 2020
Last Updated on July 29, 2020
Tags: ocs, drabble, potion making, healing


Author

Mes
Mes

About
“that’s a lonely statement, monsieur.” more..

Writing
saber’s bread saber’s bread

A Chapter by Mes


nethlyvia’s sunset nethlyvia’s sunset

A Chapter by Mes