Glenn

Glenn

A Chapter by Mia

As I am experiencing all of this, and getting accustomed to the system here, there is one code that stands out above all the rest. A very solid connection was formed one day after I helped the heads of departments at my school find a new science teacher. Both Glenn and I were on the hiring committee, and I could tell he was kind of having a hard day, so afterward I spoke to him, just making sure he was ok. At that moment, we began to confide in one another, and he could understand when i talked about the game and the codes. I saw him as so much more than just a teacher at the school, it was like a close connection in a way that I had never had with anyone. Now, don't go assuming that when I say that I mean it was a weird old-guy-young-girl relationship. it is nothing like that at all, he is simply someone that I feel so comfortable talking to and spending time with. When everyone else gets me paranoid and I am wondering what the program will contain next and what crazy code is going to get dropped in next, he keeps me sane almost. It's like an instinctual energy between us. This is labeled as a chapter, but is kind of just my note for the day. A journal entry more like.
june 28th
Today would have been eleven months with my boyfriend..if we hadn't broken up three days ago.Today I started thinking very much about Glenn... and it's weird to associate him with feeling good in a relationship because he is so much older than myself... in fact, I am good friends with his daughter who is two years younger than me. Anyways, I feel absolutely comfortable with him, and now that it is summer and I don't see him at school anymore, it's difficult not to have that connection. He feels more like a reality to me.


© 2011 Mia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011


Author

Mia
Mia

East Corinth, VT



About
I absolutely love to write.... should be obvious, I went in search of an online sharing site. Fiction, when it comes to short stories, is my favorite. However, non-fiction poetry is also a big part of.. more..

Writing
Outline Outline

A Chapter by Mia