The unfourtant sleep

The unfourtant sleep

A Chapter by Mintwhiskers

Sandra woke face to face with a keyboard as the clock tolled five p.m. It was time for the office workers to head home, So she pulled her sleek black hair back in a tight bun. As she spun around in her chair to no surprise she saw her plump boss with his infamous cold glare down upon her.

     "What are you doing sleeping on the job again!" he screeched at her like an angry owl."Come to my office on the double." he inplied in his old milatary tone.

     Sandra followed sluggishly knowing just what would happen since it is her fourth time falling asleep on just this job alone. He would screech some more then ask three queastions.

      1. Do you have a medical problem of any kind to make you fall asleep

2. What was the reason for you to fall asleep

3. Plainly explain youself and just why

     She could answer those, but her explanation is that the job itself is boring and very oridnary but the only job she could do. But he would just ramble on wondering why she even applied for this job. So, she sat there silent. The lecture ended in a sad voice her boss's words and voice was including pity, and it suited the situation perfectly. This was her third job this year not to mention other years.

       Of course she was fired. And all hope for another job were left in a mist behind her. There was no job  that could set sail for what she wanted.

   Also things just got worst at home with a letter informing her, that her youngest brother Daniel died in the airforce when an enemy plane shot them down. Her Mom and Dad were at her house trying to confort her, but it didn't work. She missed him she use to always play, talk and get into any mischeif even whgen they were fully grown

     "Sweetie I know the death was abrupt, but we must think of the good thing." she finished in a sad voice.

     "Yeah, like that is gonna work." She said discouraged. She couldn't believe he was dead

     The death just trigered tears and maybe later depression, but all she did was walked aimlessly. She pushed her parents away and continued walking until she felt a wet sensation on her pant leg. She walked right into the town lake. At that point she fell into a little ball and cried vigiourosly. When no more tears could pour out of her sore eyes she looked up. She almost fainted dead when two feet away an old fashion pirate ship appeared in front of her eyes.

 

 

 



© 2008 Mintwhiskers


Author's Note

Mintwhiskers
ignore grammar i'm yet to spell check it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that's kinda sad but good write let me know when you finnish it

Posted 15 Years Ago


A fantastic story about a depressed woman due to her brother's death and the loss of her job. It is very interesting story and fun to read. Finding a pirate ship will undoubtedly lead her to a great adventure in the following chapters. Great story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


the beginnings of a decent story, but it needs a little work....develope the story line a little better and separate the two main events that happen in this chapter, each could be fleshed out a bit.

all in all a good story.

Always,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmm�pretty good :) .
I can say this was a pleasurable write.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this but I think you should have developed it a bit more. It just jumps from place to place with no real direction. If you just fleshed out the different situations it would be great. Also love the pirate ship ^-^
That was an awesome surprise :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


this girl seems to be walking empty. I know the feeling of wanting something and feeling a hole inside where that something should be... yet not knowing what to fill it with. Leaves someone walking aimlessly wondering all the while why she's still walking. Needless to say I love how you've started the main character. I look forward to reading more!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2008


Author

Mintwhiskers
Mintwhiskers

NJ



About
Click Here For Myspace Graphics at GraphicsHunt.com Life Is Too Short Click Here For Myspace Graphics at GraphicsHunt.com Love I Feel this is from a good movie called The Notebook Click.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..