Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Eddie
"

Chapter 6.

"

            In the emergency room, Ivy laid in her hospital bed with bandages on her thighs and breathing tubes, just to help her manage her breathing just in case too much blood was lost. Ivy had surgery to get some cuts from her legs stitched up, as some were close to veins and tendons.

            Ivy’s mom cried next to Ivy as she was slowly waking up. Ivy mumbled, “Why am I-I-I here?”

            “Sweetie! You’re awake!” Ivy’s mom cried out as she stood up. A nurse came into the room and restrained the emotional mother from touching her daughter.

            “Ma’am, please don’t touch her,” the nurse said. “She has too many tubes stuck in her right now, and I don’t want to risk having them be taken out accidentally.”

            Ivy’s mom back away from the nurse slowly and sat back down in her chair. The nurse went to Ivy and asked, “Are you awake now?”

            “Yes” was all Ivy could muster up. Her mother was just happy that her daughter was alive, no matter the condition she was in at the time.

            A spector of despair was over the Wright family’s heads[1] it seemed like, because all Ivy wanted to do was to sing and teach others about her life-long condition.



[1] Based off a quote from Prisoners of Hope



© 2016 Eddie


Author's Note

Eddie
Includes one footnote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 24, 2016
Last Updated on December 24, 2016
Tags: oppression, Tourette's, Tourette Syndrome, singer, sing, music


Author

Eddie
Eddie

About
Hi! I'm a person who loves writing short stories. I also really love music, especially metal. I'm also in color guard, which is literally life. Feel free to message me or be my friend on here! I promi.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eddie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Eddie