Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Eddie
"

Chapter 10.

"

            Ivy and her mom got to Mini records right on time. Ms. Parker greeted them at the main entrance. “I’m glad you guys are here!” Ms. Parker said with an excited tone. Ivy smiled wide and her mom did the same.

            Ms. Parker let the two to the small conference room that was used for meetings, interviews, and other important things. A man and a woman followed Ivy, her mom, and Ms. Parker in. The man was named Mr. Smith, and the woman was named Miss. Brown. They both had clipboards, but only with a few papers on them each. The place was more organized than Different Records, a plus already.

            “So,” Miss. Brown said, “Ms. Parker here told us about you, and I became interested in meeting you, and so was Mr. Smith.” Mr. Smith flashed a smile. “Your story intrigued both of us, so that’s basically why you’re here. We know you have a stuttering issue, so we won’t make you speak much.”

            “If anything, we would like to hear you sing,” Mr. Smith said with a smile. Ivy smiled back at him to show her happiness.

            “So, if you could Ivy, we would like to hear you sing one of your favorite songs,” Ms. Parker said. Ivy nodded her head and started to sing part of “Death of a Bachelor.” All the people stared at Ivy in awe as she sang to the end of the song.

            “That was simply amazing!” Mr. Smith exclaimed. Everyone else nodded and smiled wide.
            “I think you should be hired here,” Mrs. Brown said. “You have an amazing voice, and you deserve to be here.”

            “I-I have a YouTube cha-channel if you want t-t-to hear more,” Ivy said with a smile.

            “We’ll make sure to check that out later,” Ms. Parker said, cheerfully. Ivy left the record company with an acceptance letter and a huge grin planted on her face.



© 2016 Eddie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on December 24, 2016
Last Updated on December 24, 2016
Tags: oppression, Tourette's, Tourette Syndrome, singer, sing, music


Author

Eddie
Eddie

About
Hi! I'm a person who loves writing short stories. I also really love music, especially metal. I'm also in color guard, which is literally life. Feel free to message me or be my friend on here! I promi.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eddie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Eddie