When Life was Good.

When Life was Good.

A Story by TheOne&Only

I believe. It was a Sunday. I was able to spend it, with the Blue Eyed Angel. All day was spent with him, listening to his stories as he worked on his truck, talking about nothing at all, smiling and laughing at each other. I always caught myself, rambling. Whether he knew it or not, when I rambled, I believed were the times, I actually was speaking with some "truth" and "meaning". To my surprise, he kept up with my seemingly meaningless, rambles. He listened to my rambles, as intently, And as unknowingly, as I did with his "ramble" conversations. To BOTH of our surprise, we did the same thing, to each other, with one another, and though we knew it or not, at the time, or later, or just now, we were the "same" in every way. I think, that's where, our comfort level became somewhat, "natural" to us. This day, was exciting for me, because I have not been able to spend time with him, like I use to back in the days, where my freedom, was just little more "Free". I took in every moment with him. It was just like back in the old days, where I use to find his company, like medicine to my sick days. When I was down, I sought out to see him. And every day, that I sought him out, His company, his "presence", made that day bad day, No longer, that "Bad". That Sunday was well needed. Needed for my heart & soul. There was one particular, moment, that's burnt into my memory. As I listen to, "I Can Wait Forever", By Simple Plan, This memory always becomes, a memory to be relieved. I remember sitting in his room, playing quietly with my daughter on the floor. He took a seat, in a chair right beside us. As I looked up, I saw him staring, at me. His face, seemed, so at ease. His eyes were bright blue. And he had such an innocent smile. It was at that moment while he looked at me, "Life was good". Despite, the obvious to reality, beyond that room. The look on his face, when I looked up at him, was a face of someone who sat their appreciating life, and all the "Good" it offered. For me, that face, brought a smile to mine and at the moment, when I looked up at him, I smiled back and felt, "Life WAS good"..
"What?!?", I asked with a smile, to match his. Keeping eye contact. & reading his every move. 
As if I did not break any of his thoughts, or feelings he continued to smile and stare, and just shrug, ..
"Nothing"...He said innocently. So handsome he was to me. This big, strong, domineering, bossy, man. You would have never thought. 
That day, I felt so appreciative, to be able to spend my time with him. That moment, I believed I lived in it with him. We both were appreciative of one another. With that moment, I knew as I felt, he felt too, "Life Was Good" when we were together. I do not remember being much happier, or seeing him, that much happier. My days or nights, were always, Happily, spent. When I use to do, my daily check ups on him, I would end our visits, with 
"I hope you have a good rest of the day,..." Or "I hope your day was good"...
He started replying back.

"Thanks to you, my day will be" Or "Now it is..."
And you know, I also felt the same. Most importantly, what I failed to realize back in the day was WE BOTH, felt the same. Every moment, every word spoke, or unspoken, every feeling stated or unstated. We have always felt the same. As if we were two of the same people, living in two different bodies, Speaking in two, as "One". 
That Sunday, reminded, me of the days, I lived for back a couple years ago, and that moment reminds me, of the days, & future, I hope for. 
....."Life to be Good"....
For Both

The Blue Eyed Angel & Me.

All of the time. 

© 2015 TheOne&Only


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015


Author

TheOne&Only
TheOne&Only

Brazil



About
I am the One&Only, I write what I feel, as I do what I want. I want to write two particular books, so I thought this site would be a great start to my new ambitions. :) However, I also love poetr.. more..

Writing
Solace Solace

A Story by TheOne&Only