Sexting and Cyber bullies

Sexting and Cyber bullies

A Poem by Alexis L. Thompson

Pictures of her
sent to a boy.
she believed it was love
but it lead to no joy.

He shared with his friends
The photos at school.
Soon they were viral.
She felt like a fool.

She checks her facebook
just to find smut.
What used to be friends
now call her a s**t.

She goes to her room
and cries herself dry.
She has this feeling
of wanting to die.

She drowns herself
with a bottle of pills.
she is sad, she is hurt.
In her lungs water fills.

Sexting is wrong.
cyberbullying too.
Watch what you post.
Watch what you do.




© 2012 Alexis L. Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is something that way too many young teenagers are facing!

this poem should be shared on every website in every teen magazine!!

but it isn't always the guy whos the dick and sending them around..my ex best friend...yes the same one who i wrote my poems about... :/ she was and is the biggest guy in the fact that she does this to guys!! she gets them to send her photos of whats in their pants then shows everyone and they all start mocking the guys on size! i think she deserves a smack on the face so should every guy or girl who has ever done such a thing!!!!!!!! what gives them the right to expose someone elses privacy??



Posted 12 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

(: Powerful...

Posted 12 Years Ago


True dat.
Watch before your finger clicks the button...Because things are seen faster than you think.
Nicely said.
Nicely done.
This is a message that should be sent to everyone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! Brilliant poem! The rhyming reinforces its meaning. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a great poem, conveying both emotion and very useful information. Hopefully many people will read this and take it to heart. Keep private things private and guard yourself. You never know for sure who an Internet acquaintance is. A young sexy profile might in reality be an ugly, overweight grandpa, like me. Your writing is simple, clear and easy to follow. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay! I think everyone should read this. An excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good. So true to

Posted 12 Years Ago


Couldn't have said it better myself. People become oblivious as to what they post online, unaware of the consequences and the hurt they're putting themselves into. Young kids and teens are just ignorant to these kind of events, unwanted attention towards them.

It's sad what today's generation can be. Everything is so viral and exposed, like there's no such thing as innocence anymore. Sexting and cyberbullying is a cause that cannot be unnoticed. People are being killed. It's just depressing.

The poem itself is wonderful. It flowed well and the rhyming was brilliant. You pulled it off pretty well. The message itself was perfectly said and it's all out in the open--no riddles to solve or nothing.

I felt as though this was one of the best poems I've read so far :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you said this cause it is very true. Nice work. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


I find it impossible to feel sorry for the girl in this poem. She should have known better than to send naked photos of herself to some teenage jerk-off. And committing suicide because people have seen you naked is beyond melodramatic. I'm not saying it's a bad poem; I'm just saying that people need to learn to grow the f**k up.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2161 Views
106 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on April 8, 2012
Last Updated on April 8, 2012

Author

Alexis L. Thompson
Alexis L. Thompson

Waterloo, NY



About
Shoot. I'm 28 now! I haven't updated this in 6 whole years! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies. Lies.

A Poem by SuicidePact.


Illusions of Love Illusions of Love

A Poem by AK