Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Miu
"

Emotion is a funny thing.

"

The more I saw her in tears, the more I wanted to be dead. I felt what some would call sorrow for the first time. A human emotion; what I never had. I didn’t like that emotion very much. It only came to me when she was in pain. Every time I saw tears in her eyes I felt great pains of sorrow. All I could do was hold her and tell her that it was going to be ok, no matter what happened. When I told her that I had begun to feel sorrow a smile broke across her face. She told me that it wasn’t her favorite feeling, but it was needed none the less. She was happy that I was experiencing these emotions and was able to recognize them. Even if the emotion hurt, I was one step closer to humanity. She kept telling me that I was always human.

She was so happy for me. She tried her best to not cry. I was confused by her actions; she told me sorrow is something that no one wants to feel. it’s a painful emotion triggered by a tragedy. She explained everything about the emotion to me.

A few months later I started to feel and understand more emotions. I was relieved to discover that she was right all along. There was one emotion that I was chasing down; I wanted to understand and feel it. I didn’t know what it was but I wanted it. When she asked if I would take back my wish, I told her that I would if I could feel this one emotion. She asked for the name of the emotion I had to tell her that I didn’t even know what I was missing, but I knew that I wasn’t there. Or that was what I thought.

I kept looking and looking for that one emotion. When our summer couldn’t stop her. She tried every type of stimulus possible to try and trigger the emotion. I had many different types of feelings come to me. All but the one I really wanted.

She never gave up on me. She kept trying. I was starting to give up on it. Months passed by. Nothing was happening. She still wanted to find the emotion; she was willing to do anything.

She was running out of ideas and I was running out of hope. She kept smiling and telling me to not worry about it; we would figure it out together. She promised that she would get it, if it was the last thing she ever did. I

couldn’t help but smile at her energetic, hopeful, and encouraging rants. She always reminded me of a little girl in these precious moments. I was human, but I was missing something. We were going to figure it out together.

She took me to the beach over our spring break. She was so happy when I agreed to go with her. She was beginning to be happier around me rather than how we were when we first met.

At the beginning of our journey, she was sad that I was pretending to be something I wasn’t. Then as I understood more emotions she became happier with me. Her smile told me everything she felt. I was everything to her. I began to thing about what would happen to that beautiful smile if I were gone.

The game that I thought we were playing turned out to not be. I was never her slave. She only wanted to keep me afloat long enough to make me understand myself. She was never my enemy but instead the only person who could help me; my hero perhaps. She was the most important person in my life. She was willing to do anything for me; I wanted to be there for her to. I was willing to do anything for her but she claimed that it wasn’t necessary. I thought it was.

For once I was able to give a real smile to my class mates. I was able to understand their jokes. She joined me and my friends at lunch. We became an inseparable group. All of my friends thought that it was normal, like it had always been that way. And I did too, except for a detail; I understood everything they were saying. I was happy and she was too.



© 2011 Miu


Author's Note

Miu
Evil computer is all i have to say.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011


Author

Miu
Miu

About
Im a quiet person who has emotional problems. I'm trying my hardest to hang on to what i know. Other than all of that creepy dark stuff, i love to write, read, draw, hang with my colorguard family (t.. more..

Writing
Dance Dance

A Poem by Miu


He is He is

A Poem by Miu


The Ticking The Ticking

A Story by Miu