Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
almost dying

almost dying

A Chapter by nightshade

Chapter3

The sorcerer started chanting in a strange language and the room went black. The hand that was tied to his squeezed. The vampire could normally see in the dark could see nothing. He assumed that the same was true for Annabelle. The sorcerer chuckled as he began lighting small tea light candles. “Sorry I guess I should have warned you about that.” He said not very apologetic. “For this to work you need to do exactly as I say. Any deviation will ruin the ceremony. Understand? Now get undressed and lay on the altar.”

          The vampire smiled and reached around and undid the back of Annabelle’s top. “Now, let’s see if we can get those pants off.” He said in her ear. He pulled off the pants with one handed practiced ease, revealing a tiny lace thong. “That you can keep on.” The sorcerer said as he looked up from drawing something in chalk on the floor.

          Annabelle turned and quickly unzipped his dress pants and let them fall to the ground. Then she moved to his shirt. She started to unbutton his shirt. She looked at his arm that was attached to hers. Annabelle sighed while looking at the shirt. “I really liked this shirt.” She said as she ripped at his sleeve with a claw.

          The vampire chuckled and helped Annabelle Lee onto the alter. “Ready everyone?” The sorcerer asked. He loomed over the two menacingly. “This will probably hurt, I thought I ought to tell you this time.”

Annabelle tensed when she saw the knife coming. Her vampire squeezed her hand letting her know he saw still there with her. She took a deep breath as the knife bit into the skin of her wrist. Her blood flowed onto their hands and ran down into a line carved onto the altar. The blood flowed between their bodies down into a 5 gallon bucket. The sorcerer moved the knife to the vampire’s wrist. His blood flowed to join Annabelle’s. He moved his knife back to Annabelle’s arm. He made another cut just above the one on her wrist. The sorcerer did the same for the vampire. He moved up their arms making cuts about every inch or so. There was so much blood in their arms alone. It mixed and flowed together into the bucket.

When the knife reached their shoulders he paused, then he went to the pairs other arms. He made his way down from their other shoulder towards their free hands. 

The wounds hurt but not as much as they should. Apparently the potion that they drank probably dulled the pain. It did hurt though even a few screams escaped from the pair but as they held each other’s hands and stared into their eyes the pain ceased. The sorcerer continued cutting but there was no pain there was only Annabelle, her vampire and all the blood. It was everywhere. It covered both of their bodies and the altar. The blood filled the bucket and was starting to pour out onto the floor. The sorcerer noticed this and quickly swapped it for an empty bucket.

          The new bucket slowly started to fill with blood, as the sorcerer continued to mutilate their bodies with his knife. The pair didn’t feel a thing. They stared at each other as their minds slowly started to meld together. Their breathing became calm and their hearts started beating as one. Thoughts slowly entered Annabelle’s mind that she could tell were the thoughts of her vampire. He was so calm it almost made Annabelle want to sleep. She resisted falling asleep remembering that if she fell asleep she would most likely die. She saw glimpses of memories that were from the vampire. Annabelle saw memories of wars and blood. She could understand why vampires were the way they were. She could taste the blood running down her well his throat, it tasted glorious.

Annabelle had never thought about what blood tasted like to a vampire. She was so absorbed in his memories that she almost forgot herself and embraced his mind completely.

          Then the pain returned. It was like a flood gate had been opened. Annabelle screamed with every fiber of her being. She knew that her vampire was feeling the same pain but instead of screaming he squeezed her hand. He squeezed her hand so hard Annabelle Lee could hear the bones in her hand crack and snap. She felt so tired and dizzy Annabelle didn’t have any strength to fight it.

          The sorcerer finished his cutting and broke the magic that was holding their hands together. Annabelle’s hand dropped limply to her side, completely broken. Annabelle was close to death but the vampire seemed to be mildly unharmed. He sat up seeming a little dizzy and confused. The vampire looked over at Annabelle. She was so pale and she was barely breathing. He took her hand carefully to check her pulse. The vampire lifted her hand and the smell of her blood hit him like a slap in his face. He couldn’t help himself he brought her wrist to his mouth and took an experimental lick. The blood tasted as amazing as he remembered. He tried to not drink but drinking is second nature to him. The vampire tried to stop but with all the blood he had lost, his vampire nature took over and it was physically impossible to stop.

          The sorcerer pulled the vampire away from Annabelle’s wrist. “You have had a taste now it is time for you to help her. Don’t be selfish it is time to fix her. Take this cup of mixed blood and make her drink.” The sorcerer said and handed the vampire a cup brimming with the blood of the vampire and the cat. “If she drinks this she will be fine and if she doesn’t she will die. She is strong so she won’t die today but she will die. Make her drink this, before you pass out too, because you will pass out, you can feel it can’t you?” The sorcerer demanded.

          “Fine I can get her to drink. How hard can it be she is pretty much out cold? Is it really going to be difficult to get one girl to drink this blood?” The vampire snapped and took the cup. He went over to Annabelle Lee and propped her head up with one hand. With his other hand he put the cup to her lips. He gently tilted the cup dripping some of the blood into Annabelle’s mouth. She drank the blood without hesitating.

          Annabelle tasted the blood in her mouth and the taste was beyond amazing. It tasted like pure adrenaline. Every part of Annabelle’s body was on fire and it was awesome. All the cuts along Annabelle’s body started to heal. Even the bones in her broken hand snapped back into their original places and fused back together. Her heart started beating regularly again and her breathing became normal. Annabelle sat up hesitantly and looked around very confused.

          The first thing Annabelle noticed when the pain went away was that all the details of the room were incredibly clear. All the tools on the shadowy walls were clear and distinctive to her, as if she were looking at them in the daylight. The smells in the room were also clear to her. Annabelle could smell all the blood and distinguish the smell of her blood from the smell of her vampire’s blood. She looked over at her vampire as he fell unconscious. She could see all the cuts that ran systematically over his body. He wasn’t bleeding any more but Annabelle could tell that he was dying. She didn’t know exactly how she knew he was dying but he was. She needed to help him, she needed to do something. All the blood coursing through Annabelle’s body made it very hard for Annabelle to think clearly.

          The sorcerer handed Annabelle a cup filled with blood from the second bucket. “Give him this it will help him.” Annabelle took the cup and pressed it to the vampire’s lips. The vampire drank the blood and as he drank the vampire seemed to gain strength and his wounds sealed up instantly without a scar. He did not regain consciousness as Annabelle had expected.

          “What’s wrong with him?” Annabelle asked the sorcerer as she watched the motionless body of her vampire.

          “Nothing is wrong with him. He is absorbing your memories and will not wake up until he has finished. You went through the same thing he just took a bit more time giving you the blood than you did. He will be fine.” The sorcerer replied.

          “So what do we do?” Annabelle asked a bit panicked.

          “We wait until he wakes up. Then you two can go home.”

          “I don’t have a home. I’m a cat.” Annabelle replied staring at the vampire. His face was handsome and relaxed. She noticed that her vampire had a peaceful expression as he relived all of Annabelle’s memories.

          You might not have had a home as a cat but now you are bonded with this vampire and the two of you will make yourselves a home.” The sorcerer replied as he went back into the room with the bar to finish his beer.

          “So is this it for me? I go home with him and become some content house cat? That sounds so boring.”

          “Your name is Annabelle right?” She nodded. “You are a cat that turns into a person and you have relived the last however many centuries that vampire has lived. You are bonded to him and he is bonded to you. You might go and be a house cat but I am sure that you will not be bored. He is a vampire he will never be like me, where I have a completely normal life outside of my magic. Cats and vampires are part of magic you cannot escape having magical lives. I have chosen to study and practice my magic. I can let go of it and lead a normal human life if I wish. You can’t. Your life will be magical thus your life will not be boring.”

          “Hey what the hell is going on around here?” The vampire said. He walked out of the dark room and into the light. Annabelle looked him over, he looked terrible. He walked over and hugged Annabelle. Together they must have looked like something out of a horror movie. “Shall we go home now?” He whispered to Annabelle.

          Annabelle looked up at the vampire questioningly. “I have no home.”

          “Actually you just haven’t seen it yet. Shall we go?”

          “Before you two go anywhere there are a few things you need to know. First she will need to feed with you for about a week. Second, Annabelle you will not be able to take cat form for a week. Thirdly you son, will act more cat like, which if you have to interact with humans will completely piss them off.  If you want my wife can get you some clothes before someone drives you home.” The sorcerer said as he drained the last drops from his beer.  He went upstairs to talk to his wife about clothes leaving the pair alone.

          “So you have a home?” Annabelle asked as she tried to mentally create a place that he would look comfortable living in.

          “I really wouldn’t call it a home but I do have a place that I live.” He replied smiling.

The sorcerer came back with a pile of clothes that he thrust into the hands of the vampire. He looked absolutely annoyed as he looked through the clothes. Annabelle went back into the dark room and retrieved their pants. She tossed the vampire his and then stepped into her own. The vampire gave her a thankful smile as he put on his pants. She put her original top back on and smiled a little as she watched her vampire look through the pile of clothes to find a shirt.

          “You guys can leave whenever you are ready?” The sorcerer said and led the pair up the stairs. As they entered the kitchen there was a huge chorus of drunk cheers from the assembled party. The sorcerer’s wife came over and hugged them both, although they tried to resist.  The sorcerer led the pair through the house to the front porch. “Oh there is one other thing I need to tell you. You share blood now if you try to drink from each other again you will die. Also if any vampire tries to drink from her that vampire will die, so keep that in mind.”



© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
alf
Hi nightshade. Amazingly, to me, your characters have retained their strength through the first three chapters!!! I found no lapse of trait, only deeper strengthening and this by sensation, not a verbal onslaught!! you are taking me on an unknown journey, pulling me into the story, and building my curiosity, not a feat easily accomplished, I can tell you!!! I love what you are doing, and I will be back to read more!! alf

Posted 8 Years Ago


nightshade

8 Years Ago

I cannot thank you enough for being like my one honest reader. I am glad that you are still reading .. read more
alf

8 Years Ago

No problem, but be warned, if I see any glaring blunders, I will say so!!! (lol) alf

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
1 Review
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing