Tied Together Chapter 1

Tied Together Chapter 1

A Chapter by punkrockgirl555
"

Chapter 1 of Tied Together

"

A/N: Know that even though the characters in this story are based on my friends in real life, the things in this story that occur are all completely fiction. I own all characters and the storyline.

I changed the names of some teachers for certain purposes.

-Samantha Samuel/P.R.G 555

 

Chapter 1

 A group of friends, six of us, five were in the ninth grade, and I, alone was in the eighth grade. Why? No, I didn’t repeat a year of school, but I just simply felt more comfortable with these set of friends.

 

 Samiah Rutherford, we called her Sammy, she was definitely an emotional girl who could feel anything deep down in her heart which was extremely sensitive. But somehow we all still loved her like our own older sister.

 

 Keturah Bethel, loud, fun and especially loving, she was a close friend to everyone and Sammy’s younger cousin.

 

 Matthieu Boeuf, we usually called him Matt or I was allowed to call him Matty. He was definitely the strangest of our group. He was considerably close to me. Nice and funny, but sometimes he could show a dangerous dark side that surprised me.

 

 Darrin Moss, on occasion, I would call him Guitar Dude or Drummer Boy because he knew how to play those instruments along with the piano. He was the patient one of the group. Smart, usually calm, rarely funny but he was surely respected by me. Sometimes it was shocking that he was a part of our group.

 

 Daniel Rolle, I cannot specifically describe him. We weren’t especially close, in fact I knew little about him. How he was a part of our group…I didn’t know. But my past boyfriend; Phillip was Daniel’s best friend so of course…We become involved in friendship somehow.

 

 And finally me; Samantha Samuel; I was mostly called Sam, not to be confused with Sammy. I was the youngest of the group being in the eighth grade and at the age of twelve. I suppose I could be called a bad girl since most of our mischievous acts were my ideas. Do not think down on me now, I can be a good girl…Just when I want to.

 

This was our group, my friends and what happened to us at such a young, vulnerable time. And how our friendship came so dangerously close to ending…

 

 

 My eyes opened lazily and stared at the roof of my bedroom. The faint red light of my alarm clock on my night stand showed it was nine p.m.

‘Perfect,’ were my thoughts as I climbed out of bed.

I got to my feet and resisted turning my bedside lamp on, if my parents saw my light was on so late, they’d come in.

Seeing through the darkness was difficult so I pulled out my cellphone and used the little light it provided to lead me to my closet. Dressing in the dark…Literally…

I sighed and ran the light of the IPhone over my wardrobe; I had picked out what I wanted to wear earlier in the afternoon.

 

The green graphic tee, black denim jeans and green high tops I chose lay just where I left them earlier. I grabbed the clothing and shoes before resting them on my bed. I moved over to my dresser and positioned my phone to lean against my jewelry box so I could see my clothes.

Slowly, by the light, I put on my skinny jeans first and zipped the fly up. I picked up my tee shirt and slid it on. The words on the front were written in big black and bold font; ‘Keep calm and Gang Man Style’.

 

After slipping my sneakers on over my socks, I spent little time tying the laces. I stood up from sitting on the edge of my bed and picked up my cellphone again. At nine, it’d have to be cold out by now. I shined my light in the closet and spotted my green and black striped hoodie. I grabbed it and slid my phone into my back pocket. I slid on the hoodie over my head and ran my fingers through my shoulder length hair, trying to fix it back to the way it was; slightly over my right eye.

 

Several of my braids fell into place over my eye as I intended. I was ready…

I climbed onto my bed, making sure to move carefully so it wouldn’t creek. I pushed my pink curtains apart and the latch on my bedroom window was revealed. I unhooked the latch quickly and pushed the window upward, letting some cold night air in.

 

Slowly and carefully, I slid through the window. My body was tall but skinny so I was able to fit through with almost no problem. Below my window was the garage roof so I landed on it with a light thud. Of course the thud wasn’t loud enough for my parents to hear. I peered through the night of Lyford Cay. The neighborhood was barely awake with only a few lights on in other households. But I wasn’t worried; nobody would see me if I just stayed away from the lights and in the shadows.

 

I looked down at the concrete leading away from the garage which was my driveway. The drop from the roof was a good few feet which could possible break my leg, but I didn’t really have much of a problem with that. I climbed down to the point of where I was hanging off the roof by my two arms. I hung for a few seconds, bracing myself before I allowed myself to fall. The short drop almost took the breath out of me, but I clumped my own body into fetal position and landed on the ground, rolling down the driveway.

 

Once I was far enough down, I jumped up from the ground and dusted myself off. I made sure my cellphone was unharmed in my back pocket before I ran behind the garage and spotted my red bicycle hidden behind a red rose bush.

 

I grabbed the handles and pulled the bike out. As I walked with it by my side, I waited until I was out of my front yard. Once on the streets, I jumped onto my bike and peddled off as fast as I could.

 

When I was far enough from my house, I slowed down and relaxed…

 

So I sound like I’ve snuck out of my house before, don’t I? Well, yeah that is true. In fact, I’ve done it multiple times before. Usually it was just to clear my head, but this time I had invited my friends. Well, not so much as invited…I persuaded them-Okay, fine, forced them to sneak out with me. What were we gonna’ do?

 

Well, for fun. We were going to completely trash our school yard! Awesome? Oh but of course!

And what reason did I have? Because of the new lousy rules that the school had made;

1.    No public displays of affection between any two students.

2.    All girls’ skirts must be at least two inches below their knees.

3.    No jewelry besides two knob earrings and a wrist watch are allowed.

4.    No foul language.

5.    No use of electronics besides laptops.

6.    Laptops cannot be used anywhere else on campus besides the classrooms. Teachers must give permission to open laptops.

 

Don’t they suck? Seriously, Catholic School was so not my thing anymore. If it was up to me, I would be going to a regular public school.

 

As I left the neighborhood of Lyford Cay, a smile graced my lips.
Lyford Cay was probably the richest gated community in my country, but it was filled with the most spoiled, snobs you could find. It also had its own middle and high school which I begged my parents not to send me to.

 

The school was worse; hundreds of snobs filled the classrooms and lunch time was hell. The girls would give you the stink eye for sitting at ‘their’ table.

 

I rolled my eyes, thinking about the school…

When I reached the address of Keturah Bethel; I stopped my bike in the driveway and waited…

 

After sitting on my bike for more than ten minutes; I sighed and pulled out my cellphone. Quickly I dialed her number and held it to my ear. “Hello?” she answered quickly like her usual hyped up self.

“It’s Sam, get out here now.” I said before hanging up.

 

No more than five minutes later, Keturah appeared from her front door. She was wearing her regular pink Kool-Aid tee shirt, a black hoodie and jean shorts. She ran to the side of her house to grab her navy blue bike. “Hi, Sam!” she waved, smiling as she rode next to me.

“Hey,” I nodded as we rode off. “So you have the spray paint?” I asked as we went to Darrin’s house.

 

“Duh,” she pointed to the backpack she was carrying.

“Good girl,” I smiled.

 

Once at Darrin’s house, we waited at the park across the street like he had told us. A little while later, our buddy came crawling out the window of his bedroom, already dressed. He was in a red tee shirt with a gray long sleeved shirt underneath it, black jeans and red Vans. “Let’s go, dumbass!” I yelled as loud as I could on purpose.

I saw Darrin’s eyes widened and he put his finger on his lips harshly. “Shh! Sam!” he whispered harshly.

“What?!” I yelled. “I can’t hear you, Darrin Anthony Moss!”

 

The boy grabbed his bike and rode next to us quickly. “Shut up! You might wake up my mom!” he hissed.

I laughed and slammed my hand on his back. “C’mon, drummer boy,”

He sighed and rode beside us. I could hear him mumble some things about me, but I let him off and ignored it. “You manage to get the master keys from Sharif?” Keturah asked.

I smirked and pulled the master keys of the school from the pocket of my hoodie.

Sharif Cargill was a tenth grader and the librarian’s son so he could sneak the keys from his mom as long as we promised to get them back to him by Monday.

“We shouldn’t be doing this you know.” Darrin said as I slid the keys back into my pocket.

 

“Duh, I know we shouldn’t, but we can, so we are.” I smiled widely at him. “You got what I told you to?”

He rolled his eyes and pulled out a pair of bolt cutters. He put them back into his pocket.

 

The next stop was Sammy’s house. Keturah pulled out her cell and dialed her cousin’s number. “Sammy, we’re here. Let’s go.” She said before hanging up.

Sammy crawled out of her small bedroom window and landed in a small bush. Once she emerged, her hair which was put into a puffy ponytail had a few leaves in it and she was holding her bike. She was in a yellow and white striped tank with a black jacket over it, skinny jeans and white sandals. She was carrying a multi colored backpack on her.

 

“Hey, Sammy,” we all said in union.

“Hi,” she said, riding beside us.

I smirked at her. “Did you bring the stuff?”

Sammy pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter that I had made her bring. She didn’t smoke, none of us did. But tonight we would all try just to see. “I hope you know these were really hard to get. And I need my dad’s lighter back after this.”

“Of course,” I promised. “Now let’s get Matthieu and Daniel.”

 

Darrin showed us the way to Matt’s house easily. We all waited at a tree that was in the front of his dad’s house like he instructed. “Hey, while we’re waiting, give me a cigarette.” I said to Sammy.

 

She pulled the pack of smokes and the lighter out of her bag and handed them to me. I carefully pulled out a cigarette and gave the pack back then went for the lighter. “Sam, I don’t think you should smoke.” Darrin warned me.

I rolled my eyes and stuck the cigarette into my mouth and then brought the lighter to the other end. I struggled to get a flame for a while, but a small yellow/orange glow was brought out. It lit the cigarette and I sucked in the smoke.

I quickly pulled it out of my mouth and breathed it out, but I released into a coughing fit. “You okay?” Keturah asked, touching my back.

 

“Y-Yeah…I’m fine,” I coughed. Once I caught my breath, I breathed in more smoke and puffed it out. It’d surely take a while to get used to it.

After I smoked for like two more minutes, we all spotted Matthieu climbing out of his bedroom window. He was in a dark blue hoodie, blue jean shorts and black sneakers. He grabbed his bike, but someone was behind him…

I got off my bike and walked closer…Matt’s little brother; Eric! He was wearing a red tee shirt, regular jeans and sandals.

“Dude, you’re bringing him!?” I shouted, but kept my voice a little low so I wouldn’t wake anyone.

 

Eric was in the seventh grade and eleven years old. We didn’t hate each other exactly, but we weren’t close. Either way we couldn’t have some kid around! Even if that kid was only a few months younger than me…Whatever! “I have to, he was gonna’ tell on me.” Matt sighed as Eric grabbed his bike.

I walked in front of the kid and pulled the cigarette out of my mouth. “Kid, go back! We’re gonna’ do some stuff that you’re not into!” I growled.

 

Eric smirked. “I hate school too, so…” he pondered. “Let me come or I’ll tell on you all.”

I snickered. “You’re not serious,”

“Deadly serious,”

After glaring at him for a good five minutes, I relaxed and sighed. “Son of a b***h…Fine, but if you’re coming, you have to bring something.”

 

“I stole some of my dad’s beer.” He said, pointing to the bag that was on his back.

I raised a brow. “Whatever, keep up.” I dropped my cigarette on the ground, smashed it with my foot and then walked back over to my bike. Matt looked at my frustrated expression. “You okay?”

‘Hell f*****g no.’ “Yeah, I’m cool.”

 

I shot a glare at Eric during the ride but shrugged it off. At least he brought beer…I guess.

“You’re mad,” Matt said as he rode beside me.

‘Mad is an understatement…’ “Nah, at least he brought beer.” I shrugged. “So did you bring something to eat?”

“Chips, candy, good enough?”

“Sure, whatever…” I blew a strand of my hair out of my face.

 

Finally, we were to pick up Daniel. Waiting outside his house annoyed me a bit. The only reason he was a part of our group was because Sammy was into him. But I suppose, he was also friends with them before me.

“Someone call him and tell his a*s to get the hell out here.” I sighed. I was already pissed that Eric was here, but waiting on Daniel was hell.

“I tried but he’s not answering.” Sammy said, putting her cellphone back into her pocket.

 

“Mother-” I held my tongue and got off my bike.

“Uh, Sam…?” Keturah called me.

“I’ll be right back,” I said. I slowed down and stalked around the house…I finally spotted a bedroom window. I looked inside and saw Daniel sitting at his computer.

This was not the time for porn! I pushed the window open and crawled inside.

 

I fell onto his cold bedroom tile and jumped back up, walking behind him. Finally, I got behind Daniel’s chair and bent over, resting my chin on his head. “M**********r, let’s go.”

He nearly jumped before closing his browser and turning around. “How’d you get in here?”

“You forgot to lock your window before you started watching porn.” I smirked, standing upright.

 

He rolled his eyes and got out of his chair. He was in a black tee shirt with a gray button down jacket over it, black jeans and white sneakers.

“Don’t forget what I told you to bring.”

Daniel smirked, knelt down and pulled out three cartons of rotten eggs. “I can’t carry these if I’m riding my bike you know.” He said.

 

“Just ride with Sammy then.” I smiled. ‘Won’t Sammy be happy…?’ I thought.

 

I climbed out of Daniel’s bedroom window and turned around so he could hand me the eggs. He then climbed out and I handed them back to him. “C’mon,” we walked back into the lighting of the street lights and the group was waiting.

 

“We got Daniel, let’s go now.” A grin spread across my face. My good mood was back. Trashing the school would make the best night of my life by far. Before getting onto my bike, I pulled out my cellphone to check the time; nine-forty five p.m.

 

Aquinas College at night…How can you describe it? With no students walking about it was empty; quiet…Desolate was the word. Yes, desolate. Darrin had cut the wires of the security cameras with the bolt cutters so we were free to roam around the empty campus.

 

“What are you guys gonna’ do?” Eric asked as we all got off our bikes and hid them behind a bush, just in case any teachers stayed late.

“Trash the school, my dear boy.” I smiled as Keturah handed me two cans of spray paint.

Darrin held a carton of rotten eggs and stared at them nervously. “I’m gonna’ head home…” he trailed off.

“Ah, tut, uh…” I put my hand on his shoulder. “If you go home, we’re gonna’ f**k up your house.”

 

“You wouldn’t do that,” Darrin raised a brow in question of my threat.

“I know where you live.” I laughed, walking over to Matthieu and Eric.

Matt already started spraying on a wall but Eric stood, leaning against a wall. “Kid!” I scolded, grabbing his arm. “Do some damage or go home.” I shoved a can of spray paint into his hands.

 

Eric stared at the can before shrugging and shaking it up. He then pointed it at me. “You wouldn’t…” I growled.

“Watch me.” He laughed and sprayed the bright red spray paint on my hoodie!

“Son of a b***h, Eric, this is my favorite hoodie!”

Two could play at that game…I grabbed a carton of rotten eggs and flipped it open. I pulled out a single rotten egg and flung it in the direction of Eric.

 

He ducked down and the egg flew right at the person behind him…Matthieu.

Matt turned around after feeling the impact of the egg against the back of his hoodie. The stench of rotten egg filled the surrounding air. “Oh…S**t…” I bit my lip. I quickly gave Sammy the carton of eggs. “Sammy did it!” I lied.

 

She didn’t even know what was going on until Matt sprayed the purple spray paint on her jeans on purpose. Her jaw dropped, looking down at her clothes. I held back a bunch of laughter watching her look at him like he went mad. Sammy slowly picked a rotten egg out and socked him in the shoulder with it.

 

Oh, this was gonna’ be awesome. “FIGHT!” I yelled, half-laughing. Suddenly I felt some sock me in the back. I whipped around and saw Darrin holding another carton, smiling. “You said it was a fight.” He laughed, shrugging.

“Hmph,” I snatched the can of spray paint from Keturah’s hands and sprayed black paint all over Darrin’s red tee shirt.

He growled and tossed an egg at me, but I ducked.

“Hey!” Keturah squealed as the egg hit her right on the butt.

I snickered. “Of all places, you aim for Keturah’s a*s, perve.”

 

I glanced over and saw Matt and Eric rolling around on the dirt, trying to tackle one another. While Keturah, Darrin and Sammy fought amongst themselves, I picked up a stray can of paint and started decorating the wall of the back of the Fine Arts Building like it was a blank canvas. ‘This School Sucks’ was painted in purple.

Once I was done with that, I turned back to see everyone tired out and on the ground. So much for trashing the entire school…

 

I looked over my friends and noticed one wasn’t around…Daniel. ‘Where the hell did he go…?’ I thought.  He couldn’t have left, at least not without a ride…Slowly, my friends groaned in their sleep. I turned around and saw them all rising to their feet. Their clothes were stained from rotten egg and spray paint. “Nice work people!” I said sarcastically. “You trashed yourselves, not the f*****g school! Mission failed.”

 

“Not necessarily…We’ve still got a few cans of spray paint and you have the master keys…” Matt smiled, pointing to the ring of keys hanging from my hip.

 

I smirked. “Let’s go then.” I started to walk away, thinking. Daniel couldn’t have gone far; he had to have gone to the bathroom or something. But then again, how’d he go to the bathroom? They had to have been locked…

I shrugged my thoughts off and continued walking.

 

After my friends and I pretty much destroyed everything on campus, we all sat in the back of the library after I unlocked the door. “Hey, kid.” I tossed a jelly bean at Eric. Matthieu had brought the candy and chips.

Eric looked at me, raising a brow. “What?” he hissed.

I pointed at his backpack. “Beer, now.” He pretended like I didn’t exist. “Please…?”

The eleven year old sighed and took the bag off his shoulders and zipped it open. There were probably about fifteen cans of beer and I quickly grabbed one, but I tossed it at Darrin. He caught it and looked down. “Um…” he trailed off. “No thanks…”

 

“Drink it, have fun.” I pressed on.

He stared at it for what seemed like a century before cracking the can open. I turned my attention to Sammy who had taken a can herself and then to Keturah who was laughing at something Matt said.

I raised a brow at both of them. Why would I always feel a bit jealous when they talked anyway?

I hit myself on the back of my head trying to get my mind back on track. Since when did I care anyway…?

 

“I’ll be right back,” I said, standing up. I pulled out my IPhone and pushed my ear buds into my ears, blasting some stupid song. I walked out of the library and stood in the empty walk way. It was at least one-thirty a.m. by now and soon we’d all have to go home. Sharif had told me the security guards came in at about five to six a.m.

 

As I looked over the damage my friends and I did to Aquinas College’s campus, I smiled. Imagine the principal’s look…

As I walked down to walkway, I walked to the Fine Arts building. Inside were the music room, and the art room. Art was pretty much the only reason I came to school anyway. I pulled out the master keys and unlocked the doors. When they were open, I hooked the ring back onto a belt loop of my jeans. The song on my IPhone switched to some song called Payphone or whatever as I walked inside.

 

I looked all around and found the room empty. I sighed and sat on the floor so I could be alone. The image of Keturah laughing with Matt kept flashing back and forth in my mind. What the f**k? I never ever cared about it until now…

I slammed my hand on the side of my head, trying to shake my thoughts off. I nearly peed when a hand touched my shoulder.

 

I turned around to see Daniel standing behind me. “S**t!” I pulled my ear buds out. “You scared the f**k out of me!”

He was pretty much dying of laughter as he sat down beside me. “Where have you been?” I asked; putting my phone and ear buds in my back pocket. “Walking around and stuff,” I shook my head at him. “Worried about me, huh?” he joked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Shut up.” I punched him in the arm.

When I heard the doors open, I looked behind Daniel and saw Matt walking into the building. He looked around the room until he spotted Daniel and me sitting on the floor.

 

Wait a minute…He was sitting relatively close to me…His hand was on my shoulder…We were alone!

I jumped up, realizing the kind of scene that was created. Daniel seemed to think for a minute before realizing it too. He stood up too and we both turned to look at Matt.

Matthieu just stared at us both, making my face heat up. I rubbed my face, trying to stop my blushing. “Guys…” Matt pointed behind us.

Daniel and I both turned around to see Mr. Harrison leaving the art room.

‘S**t!’ was my first thought.

What the f**k was he doing here so late?! Mr. Harrison was our art teacher and probably the only teacher I could probably really talk to. He always thought I was good at art and the only reason I showed up to art classes.

 

Harrison looked up and saw Matt, Daniel and I all standing in the room with him. “Samantha…?” I was the first one he saw.

“Mr. Harrison…”

 

A/N: End of chapter one.   



© 2013 punkrockgirl555


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, but long, just like a real book chapter should be.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013
Tags: Tied together chapter 1


Author

punkrockgirl555
punkrockgirl555

Nassau, New Proviedence, Bahamas



About
i'm only 13 , but i write a ton of stories and a lot of people say i'm descriptive and creative when it come to writing, though my parents think i should spend more time perserving my art skills. *si.. more..

Writing