Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Tied Together Chapter 3

Tied Together Chapter 3

A Chapter by punkrockgirl555
"

Third chapter of "Tied Together"

"

Chapter 3

Making it through the rest of my weekend never seemed more difficult, I didn’t go on Skype or Facebook in fear that Matthieu or Daniel would be online and I knew I’d have to speak to them. I spent most of my two free days either asleep or laying on my bed in the darkness of my bedroom. I didn’t let anyone in. Not even my parents, my sister or Rose. My little brother; Vincent even seemed to understand to stay away…And they knew not to ask why.

Once Matthieu had tried to call me but I let his call go to voice mail. The message was just simply a ‘hi’ like nothing happened, but I could tell by his voice that he was afraid of Monday morning as well.

The same went for Daniel; he had left me one text over the weekend which I didn’t bother to read.

 

But as for the rest of the group, Darrin, Keturah and Sammy were sending me texts all weekend, asking what happened. And I was sure they were trying to get ahold of Daniel and Matt too to figure out what happened. I had left my room only a few times to go the bathroom or eat, but otherwise…I laid in darkness.

 

I cried silently several times and a few times I would attempt to sign onto Skype, but I’d spend less than two seconds on before logging out again. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone and I was sure walking the school campus would be hell.

Even though I wasn’t in the same grade with Daniel and Matt we would still see each other between classes, and during lunch which I would surely try to avoid.

 

Finally, on Sunday afternoon, I picked up my laptop and signed into Skype. As soon as the notification ‘Sam Samuel is online’ came up, hundreds of instant messages from Keturah, Darrin, Sammy, Sharif and even Eric showed up.

“Sam, what happened? Did you guys get in trouble?” was from Keturah.

“Why haven’t you been online lately? Did your parents ground you?” was from Sammy.

 

“Sam, are you okay? What happened?” was from Darrin.

 

“What happened to you and my brother? Matthieu didn’t even GET in trouble!” was from Eric.

 

“You ran off the other day. Tell me what happened. It’s okay.” was from Sharif.

 

I felt a sudden headache come on, trying to figure out what to tell them. I immediately logged out and closed my computer. I couldn’t say anything them…

 

Monday was the day I dreaded facing. I had lied to my parents about my hands, using the same excuse that I fell off my bike and Rose simply glanced at me when I lied again and again. Instead of taking my bike, my mom decided to drop me off.  The entire car ride, I was quiet. I didn’t even tell my brother to shut up when he started babbling about how he was actually excited to go to school.

Once my mom’s car pulled into the gates of the school yard, the first thing I spotted was at least three police cars parked in the lot.

 

My heart pumped quickly as my shaking hand reached for the handle of the door. I got out of the burgundy SUV and stepped out in my clean uniform; a white school shirt tucked into an aqua skirt. My pink shoulder bag was filled with the few books that I needed for the day, but I doubted I’d be able to focus in class. My mom had also given me ten dollars for lunch too, but I might’ve felt too sick to eat either. “Bye, sweetie,” my mom said.

 

I looked at my mom, peering straight into her dark brown eyes, hoping she’d see the fear in my eyes and allow me to go back home. ‘Please, mom. I’m your daughter; I spent nine months inside you and all of my childhood raised by you. Please, dear God, notice that I’m not acting like myself. Please…’ “Bye…” I said.

She smiled as I closed the car door and started walking off slowly. She didn’t notice and allowed me to walk into what would surely be hell.

 

I grasped the strap of my shoulder bag tightly, hoping that there would be an excuse for me to turn away and go back home. I didn’t have my bike, but I’d walk home if I had to. Just to escape…

My heart pounded so hard that I swear anyone that walked past me could hear it. “Sam!” two arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a hug.

I looked up to see the sun shining onto a bald head…Ah, Zavier Joseph-Smith, a good guy to be around. Sure we were probably opposites, but he was nice. But today…I couldn’t talk to him.

 

“Hey,” I didn’t even hug back. He let go of me and smiled as we went down the walkway into hell. Just as I suspected, I saw a few police men walking in and out of the Fine Arts building and another group were examining the graffiti done by me and the others.

“Whoa…Sam, look…” Zavier pointed at the officers. “What do you think happened?”

“Uh…I guess…I don’t know…” I shrugged, half-smiling, but inside I was ready to have an asthma attack.

 

I quickly separated myself from Zavier and ran into the cafeteria. I immediately spotted Daniel and Matthieu who also saw me. I stopped in my tracks before turning around to walk away as quickly as I could. I stopped again when Matt’s hand touched me shoulder, he turned me around and made me face him and Daniel. “C’mon.” he pulled me out of the cafeteria and made me walk with him. We walked to the area of Block J where the seventh grade homerooms were and which was empty so early in the morning.

 

“We have to say something now.” Daniel said, folding his arms.

Matthieu just looked at me in silence. I took a deep breath. “We can’t.”

“What do you mean we can’t?!” Daniel yelled at me.

I looked straight at him. “What do we tell them then? Huh, smartass? That we broke into school; trashed the place and just happened to witness Mr. Harrison’s murder?!” I lowered my voice slightly and looked at both Matt and Daniel.

 

“We can’t say anything. If we do, we’re just gonna’ get blamed for the murder, nobody’s gonna’ believe us…Not the police, not our families, not even our friends…” I sighed. “Look…Keturah, Sammy, and Darrin…We’ll just tell them Harrison was cool enough to let us off with a warning…And he probably died after that.”

I stepped forward. “You guys have to promise not to say anything to anyone.”

 

I put one of my hands forward. “Promise…?”

After what seemed like forever, Daniel put his hand out too, over mine. “Promise,” he said, sounding unsure.

We both looked at Matt who sighed deeply before putting his hand forward. “Promise…”

 

We all pulled our hands away and went back to the cafeteria to find Darrin, Keturah and Sammy all talking amongst themselves. Obviously rumors of Harrison’s death hadn’t spread about the school yet. But by the way they snickered; I could tell rumors of the graffiti had definitely spread. “Guys!” Keturah seemed pumped up and happy as usual. “We did so much damage that the police are here! This is so cool!”

 

Darrin sighed. “No, not cool. What if we get caught? What if they know that it’s us?”

Nobody knows that it’s us. And nobody will know unless someone opens their mouth. Darrin I’m lookin’ at you!” I glared at him. He raised a brow, but folded his arms.

Sammy was smiling like she was proud.

Then the questions rolled in… “Did you guys get in trouble?” Darrin asked.

“No,” Matt answered.

“Yeah, Harrison let us off with a warning but, um…H-he must’ve not known we did the graffiti.” I tried to laugh.

Daniel simply nodded.

 

Waiting for my mom to pick me up after school ruined my day even more, it just give me spare time to think of Mr. Harrison.

Police officers had walked around campus all day, talking to teachers and even interrupted my History class to talk to the teacher.

 

The ride home for me was more than two decades long and it was again, like this morning in complete silence. “So have you thought of what you want for Christmas?” my mom asked, breaking the silent spell.

I simply shook my head. She kept pressing on. “Well, give me some ideas. A diamond necklace? Some new shoes, maybe?”

 

“A BB gun…” I mumbled, but apparently loud enough for her to hear.

“A gun…? Samantha, you’re a girl, how about a purse from Juicy Couture, huh?”

I shrugged and blew a strand of my hair out of my face.

 

Once we got home, I got out of the car and ran straight through the front door. The one thing to put me in a worse mood was my brother and dad hanging up Christmas decorations. I face palmed and ran upstairs, not even bothering to say hi to them. I ran into my room and slammed the door behind myself only to see my dad had been busy decorating my room too.

On my computer desk was an electronic Santa model. I sighed and ignored it, pulling my clothes off and dropping my shoulder bag.

 

When I was in my tee shirt and shorts, I collapsed onto my bed and buried my face in my pillow. Usually I would got on Skype every day and sign into Facebook but I didn’t feel like doing either. I looked up at the Santa model; it was a regular one; a White man with a white beard, red and white suit with a black belt and black boots, holding a red sack of fake presents.

 

I noticed a button on its stand. I slowly reached up and pressed it. “Ho! Ho! Ho!” it startled the hell out of me!

I jerked my hand back and sat up, holding my pillow to my chest. Maybe it was kind of nice…And festive…I reached forward and pressed the button down again.

“Ho! Ho! Ho!”

Oh…Kay…So maybe it didn’t say much more than one phrase but-

“Have you been naughty or nice?” the toy asked, pulling me into depression again. I knew the answer to that…

I sighed deeply. “Have you been naughty or nice?” it asked again. I raised a brow and looked down to see the button was stuck. Don’t tell me I was stuck with a stupid Santa on repeat. “Have you been naughty or nice?”

 

“Have you been naughty or nice?”

“SHUT UP!” I shrieked, swiping the toy off my desk and onto the floor.

“Naughty.” It said.

I got up and kicked it. “Naughty.” It repeated. I kicked it again. “Naughty.”

I didn’t need to be reminded that I was naughty! “Naughty.” It said again.

I swear to God… “Naughty.”

 

I shrieked and picked up the doll, I pushed my window open and tossed the dumbass Santa out the window. I slammed my window down and then collapsed back onto my bed, staring up at the roof.

Guilt started pouring back into my mind and making my physical sickness return. No…Not now…I jumped out of my bed and ran straight for the bathroom. I knelt in front of the toilet and vomited.

I pushed my hair back and continued to get sick. Guilt was started to turn on me…

As I leaned against the bathroom wall, thinking; my mind kept tracing back to the same thing. ‘Tell someone…’

 

Obviously I couldn’t take hiding something very much longer so I had to tell someone. Somebody I could trust…

As I ran several trusted people through my mind; I came to the conclusion of Sharif and Rose. I quickly chose Sharif instead. Rose was a trustworthy person; ever since I was little she’d help me figure out how to find a way out of the best situations but…This situation didn’t count.

 

I got to my feet and flushed the toilet before I left the bathroom. I walked back into my bedroom and fell back onto my bed. After lying for barely five minutes, I felt like I couldn’t wait for school the next day. My dreams would kill me tonight if I didn’t tell Sharif.

 

I quickly went through my closet and quickly pulled out a jacket to put over my tee shirt and put on a pair of sneakers. I locked my bedroom door and blasted my stereo before opening the window and climbing out. I landed on the roof of my garage and jumped down onto the driveway. As I got to my feet, I saw the neighbor, Mr. Davie staring at me. S**t, it was still bright out!

I tried my best to ignore him and grabbed my bike before riding off. “Uh, hi!” I waved, trying to seem a little normal but no, I felt like I was suspicious as f**k. 

 

I peddled off, heading out of the community. As I rode my bike I started thinking; I was sure Mrs. Cargill wouldn’t like some girl interrupting their dinner just to see their son…I bit my lip for a minute.

Okay, maybe I could call him and tell him to meet me somewhere…I reached for my back pocket and felt that my phone wasn’t there. S**t! I must’ve left it on my dresser…

 

Alright, I can’t call him…

I sighed and continued to ride towards his house anyways.

As my bike pulled into the driveway of Sharif’s house, I continued to ride to the point of where my bike was at the side of the house and under Sharif’s bedroom window.

 

I tried to stand to the point of where Sharif could spot me, but I was too short…

I put my foot on the seat of my bike and pushed myself upward to sit on the window sill. Sharif sat on his bed with headphones on as he talked to somebody over the computer. I rolled my eyes and broke the outside latch of the window. I then pushed the window upward and crawled inside. I landed on the blue carpet of Sharif’s bedroom and jumped up in front of his bed so he could see me.

 

I waited until Sharif looked up from his computer screen…It was obvious he was on Skype. “Uh…Guys…I’ll call you back…” he slowly closed his computer and pulled off his headphones. He crawled towards the edge of his bed and settled himself, staring up at me. “Before you say anything…Tell me how the hell you got through my locked window.”

 

I just stood staring at my friend who stared back at me, looking confused. I felt my eyes water, thinking of how to explain my situation to him… “Uh, Sam…you crying…?” he seemed suddenly uncomfortable. “Um, I didn’t mean to sound harsh but-”

“You can’t tell anyone…” I sat beside him, looking at the floor.

He stayed silent and stared as I continued to cry beside him for the next few minutes. I buried my face in my hands for a minute, and then looked up, staring at the wall instead of at my friend. “We snuck into the school on Friday night and…Trashed the campus…” He knew that part.

“Yeah I know that.” I said.

 

I shook my head. “I didn’t tell you what happened afterwards.” He raised a brow.

“What happened…?”

“Mr. Harrison caught Daniel, Matt and I…But…he told us to wait in the art room and…We heard him scream…” I stopped for a minute and felt the warm liquid that was a tear trail down my cheek. “We saw him on the ground. Dead…This guy in some costume stood across the room and I broke into an asthma attack. Daniel managed to run away…But Matt and I were stuck…” I hung my head, rubbing the back of my neck, but I still refused to look directly at Sharif.

 

“When we were running away, Matt got caught so I…I accidentally grabbed the blade of the knife, trying to save him but that’s how my hands got cut…” I looked down at my bandages. “Matt and I got away but…We decided not to tell the police. Harrison is dead…He was murdered but the school hasn’t said anything yet…I guess they’re trying to figure out how to tell us…” I concluded.

 

In the corner of my eye I could see Sharif looking at me like I was some…I don’t know…I felt like he didn’t believe me either…

“Sam,” he touched my shoulder. I looked up at him. “Look right at me and tell me you had nothing to do with Harrison dying…”

This time I looked my friend in the eye. “I had nothing to do with Mr. Harrison’s death.” I said, not looking away from him.

 

He moved his hand away and nodded. “I believe you.”

 

The same night after telling Sharif the secret, I could barely sleep. For the most of my eight of hours of slumber, I lay in darkness, staring up at the roof. I reached down to feel the dream catcher like necklace…I hadn’t started feeling good luck yet.

I saw no change in my lousy situation.

 

Tired of lying in my bed, not able to sleep, I climbed out of my bed and my feet met the warm carpet of my floor. I opened my bedroom door and walked into the lowly lit hallway of my house. Everyone seemed to be asleep by the sound of silence except for the muffled sound coming from the television in the living room.

I walked down the stairs slowly, flinching every time my feet hit the cold, freezing tile. I folded my arms. Even though the heater was on, it still felt cold.

 

Once I was downstairs, I passed the living room and saw my younger brother; Vincent sleeping on the couch. He had fallen asleep watching cartoons again…

I sighed and approached the sleeping seven year old. He wasn’t very annoying in his sleep…

I reached over and grabbed a nearby blanket before resting it atop him. He moved to the side in his sleep, groaning a bit. I picked up the remote and shut off the television before leaving the room.

 

I walked through the house and passed my dad’s private room. Out of curiosity, I reached forward to turn the knob…It was unlocked…I walked inside and saw my father’s desk, a few of his bookshelves and his black case…I knew very well that was where he kept his guns and knives…

I looked behind me to see if anyone was around before turning back to the case. I took to combination lock in my hands and stared at the three rows of numbers. I quickly put it to ‘878’.

That was the pin for the Parental Control on the TV in my room so of course he used the same pin for everything.

When the case opened, I felt my heart beat faster. A small pistol no bigger than my hands and a diving knife was revealed.

 

I stared at the gun for especially long, wondering if it was loaded or not. I picked it up slowly, realizing it wasn’t as heavy as I thought it would be. I pushed the chamber out and saw it only had a single bullet in it. A sudden idea popped into my head…

This could ease my guilt. And no, not suicide…Well, sort of.

One bullet, one shot. If I put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger…If it went off and killed me, I obviously had no purpose and no reason to live.

But if it didn’t shoot…I had some purpose to stay and God obviously wanted me on earth…

 

I know it was a stupid idea, but I felt like it was the answer in a way. Sure Sharif made me feel better by believing me but…Still, how much other people would? I spun the wheel of the round harshly and let it spin until it came to a stop at a random chamber. I wondered if it was an empty chamber or not or if it would be the one to kill me.

I clenched the gun tightly as my shaking, cold and sweaty hand brought it to the side of my forehead.

A tear ran down my cheek…Why was I crying…?

 

I shut my eyes tightly and my heart beat quickly as I felt an asthma attack come on a bit, but I kept it under control. After standing like this for several minutes, maybe even an hour…I pulled the trigger.

 

A/N: End of chapter 3.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 punkrockgirl555


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

842 Views
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013
Tags: 3rd chapter of tied together, tied together


Author

punkrockgirl555
punkrockgirl555

Nassau, New Proviedence, Bahamas



About
i'm only 13 , but i write a ton of stories and a lot of people say i'm descriptive and creative when it come to writing, though my parents think i should spend more time perserving my art skills. *si.. more..

Writing