12th April 2012: That Friday

12th April 2012: That Friday

A Chapter by Aehr

                                                                                                                      12th April, 2012

Dear Iris,

                 Wow, I’m in love with the weather. I’m actually enjoying school quite a lot. I’m having some problems with the chapter in Math that we’re doing, but I seriously don’t want to join a study group after school. None of my friends are good at Math too, so I guess I’ll have to find someone who can help me.

                 I’m trying to… persuade Mom to allow me to join the after-school book club, of which Claire is also a part. I simply love reading, (especially fantasy because I enjoy having my head in the clouds sometimes), and I’ll get to spend some time with Claire too, so that’ll be great.

                 Today was a Friday, and trust me: I love Fridays. The only bad thing was that we had a PE routine with Mr. Richard today, and my muscles are aching like hell. Ms. Olivia said that we’ll be doing creative writing soon, so that’s really made me happy! I’ve been reading quite a lot of poetry lately, and ‘Three Sunsets’ by Lewis Carroll is my favourite until now. 

                 Today, we met a few new students. There are these two adorable twin sisters, Rachel and Edeline Greene, with freckles on their noses, and straight, silky black hair. They’re in our group. Gosh, they’re twins, but you won’t believe how different they are! While Rachel has long hair, reaching her knees, Edeline has short, shoulder-length hair. Rachel’s more homely, but Edeline is quite an outdoor person. Even their boy-preference is different! And they have an amazing sense of style. When these girls entered the campus, it was like an earthquake had shaken the whole building. They were looking simple, but awesome.

                 The Greene sisters sat with us during lunchtime, and we had quite a conversation with them.

“So, Rachel. When’s your and Edeline’s birthday?” Rose asked, digging into her apple.

“Dude, call me Eddy. I know it’s a bit boyish, but saying ‘Edeline’ over and over again will exhaust you.” Edeline-Eddy, actually said, laughing.

We all laughed.

“We’re born on 7th May, so our birthday is just around the corner!” Rachel said excitedly.

“We can’t wait! Dad’s getting us…” Eddy was saying, and then they said together “Laptops!” as if they’d practiced it. But they weren’t showing off or anything.

“7th May?” I said, my eyes wide. “My birthday’s on 8th May!”

“That’s actually pretty amazing!” Claire said.

All of us agreed. Yeah!!! I had someone whom I can share my birthday with!

“So, well… give us a heads-up. We want to know about the ‘who’s who’ system around here.” Rachel said excitedly.

“Yeah. We really do want to know.” Her sister agreed.

“Well, the b*****s of the grade are Kristy Quail, Pauline Gregory, and Vanessa Jade.” Sophie said, pointing at their table.

Claire nodded. “Yeah. Trust me, you want to be with them if and only if you’re a rich, spoilt brat and a huge fashion freak who’s icon is Lady Gaga.” She said.

            We told them about what they did to Sophie and everything. They were disgusted. But when we told them how we took revenge, they laughed their heads off.

“Way to go, Des. That was actually amazing!” Eddy said, and she gave me a high-five.

“It was so much fun, girl, you missed it!” Sophie replied.

Eventually, we ended up telling them about everyone, till we started talking about…

                 Jacob.

“So Jacob is Destiny’s to-be boyfriend and I guess… husband too” Claire said, and everyone’s eyes were on me, with their ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’. I kicked Claire under the table, and the others laughed.

         Now I’d say ‘speak of the devil, and he appears’. But here, I’ll say ‘speak of the angel, and he appears’. I can’t compare Jacob to a devil. He’s the complete opposite!!!

        He was just entering the canteen when my eyes fell upon him. He was looking uh-mazing. And those pale blue eyes of his were staring right into mine. He walked to our table, grabbed a nearby chair, and sat right beside me. His deodorant was amazing!

“Hey ladies” He said, smiling.

“Hey Jacob” Claire said. “Meet Rachel and Eddy” she said pointing towards them.

“Hello Rachel and�"Eddy?” He said, a bit confused, but still shaking hands with them.

“Short for Edeline.” Eddy replied.

“Great. Welcome to the group” He said raising both his hands up.

They giggled. The skin on their nose actually contracted when they giggled, and it was almost elf-ish.

“So, princess. May I interest you in a walk back to the classroom? I would like to talk to you about something important” he said in a playful, prince-like manner, which left me with no way I could refuse.

“How cute!!! Go Des!” Rose said.

 I nodded and took his hand. He ‘escorted’ me back to class.

        When we reached, he leaned against the wall, looked up and sighed.

“And what did you want to say?” I asked, taking a seat.

“Just that you’re amazing” he said, with a ‘duh! That’s obvious’ smile.

I blushed, my cheeks as red as tomatoes. He had complimented me so many times before, but every time he did, it felt… like I’m on top of the world. I smiled.

“The orientation party hosted by the oldies for the newbies is just around the corner. Will you… come with me?”

The way he tilted his head, he looked a tiny bit like Justin Bieber in ‘Boyfriend’.

“Okay… of course I will, silly!” I replied and gave him the Best-Guy-Friend-Almost-Boyfriend hug, that only him and I shared in the whole universe.

“M’kay” he said.

“Yeah” I said.

“Wow… I knew you’d say yes, but it was still so hard to ask.”

“Jacob… remember one thing. No matter what happens, I’ll always be at your side. I’m your best friend! Even if this doesn’t work out, which it will, I’m sure, I’ll be there for you. Forever and always”

“Forever and always” he repeated with a sigh of relief.

              So then, I went back to my friends, and told them about what Jacob had said. Jacob was so cute! Well, that pretty much reminded Claire, Sophie and Rose about the party, and we told Eddy and Rose about it. The party’s on the next weekend.  Rose isn’t coming to the party, because she’s not a very enthusiastic dancer, and Rachel’s not coming too. She’s new, and she doesn’t like dancing or loud parties. So Rose and Rachel are having a sleepover that night. But Eddy loves dancing and partying, so she’ll be there. And Sophie and Claire don’t have a date yet, but if someone asks them, they’ll be sure to come along. It's nothing formal, so no dresses and stuff. I'm going in jeans! 

              Anyway, So, Rachel is in Claire’s class, and Eddy’s in mine. The vacant spots are occupied, and I’m glad we have friends in our classes now!

              I told Mom and Hope about what Jacob said. Mom’s more excited than me about the party! So, we’re going shopping tomorrow, for an outfit for the party.

              Most girls don’t take their Moms along when it comes to shopping. But my mom, Mrs. Agatha Wood, is the best person to take along for shopping. She has such an amazing sense of style!

                 There’s a new boy called Jake Lambert in Claire’s class, and he’s getting along quite well with Jacob. Claire has a lot of troubles you know. There’s a guy called Kevin Thor in Claire’s class, who hates our group like hell. He isn’t new or anything, but he really, REALLY hates us, since sixth grade. Rachel finds him rude and arrogant, and she and Kevin had this huge fight after school today. Claire was obviously on Rachel’s side. It was a pretty huge fight. Gives me goosebumps to even talk about it.

                Well, the weekend’s finally here! So, yeah!!! See you later!

                             Forever and Always

                                                Destiny

 

 

 



© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
so here's the long-awaited 5th chapter. Tell me about it!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like the routine teen girly dramas . But you express everything very well . I like your descriptions :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


rhea this speak of the angal n d angel arrives was my dialouge n dat too 4 stolen n k!!!!!!:)...........bt u cn tk it!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Why can't just Destiny and Jacob get together!! They already love each other!

Posted 11 Years Ago


jacob sounds so hot! he reminds me of Kyle from my book 'alexis wolfbane and the concretemaker'
keep the chapters coming pwease

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Great chapter! Your story is proceeding really well:) the birthday reference reminded me of us sharing our birthdays...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

that's actually why I put it there in the first place. lol :)
AK

11 Years Ago

Oh. Lol:P
AWWWWW!!!!
You have desribed Jacob so nicely that I am in LOVE with him!!!
SOOO CUTE!!!
Write more more more and MOOOOOOORE!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol.. You better be!!
Aehr

11 Years Ago

hehe... just waiting for a review or two.... on Forever And Always, i mean.
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Ohh... Right.. :p

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr