13th April 2012: An Epic Story

13th April 2012: An Epic Story

A Chapter by Aehr

 

                                                                                                 13th April, 2012

Dear Iris,

               Today was quite an amazing day.

               We had a very light breakfast, and then we were off for shopping! We went to my favourite store first, called ‘13 to 18’, a store exclusively for teenage girls. I bought a pair of black jeans, and a dark pink top with butterflies on it. Mom brought me heels matching with the top, and some accessories too. I didn’t get any dress or anything, (I’ll leave dresses for my 80th birthday or something), they’re just too much for me.

                 Nothing else really happened today, just called Dad. So I take this opportunity to tell you about Kevin Thor.

                 His name is Kevin Thor, but believe me, he’s like a thorn (which might sound pretty lame, but is very close to Thor). Anyway, he’s this tall (trust me when I say TALL), thin, guy with light brown hair, and so much attitude, that he can sell it in the whole city, and still have a huge heap left for himself. Some girls find him good-looking, some don’t. Most do. Or maybe don’t. I don’t know, but he’s an average looking guy for me. I can’t really describe him. He’s a basketball player. And well… he hates us.

                It all started three years ago, in sixth grade. Claire and Kevin were actually pretty good friends back then…

                 … till a rumor came around, about Kevin liking her.

                 Claire took it a bit too seriously, and went to talk to him about it. But instead of talking it out with her, he ignored her, and went away. Claire was red with anger. He was ignoring her, even though there was a rumor about HIM which had reached HER. She decided to do the same.

                  See, Iris, we were young, crazy and stupid. Really. At first, we thought its just a stupid little ‘thing’ which would get over soon. But that ‘thing’ turned bitter and bitter, till it tasted like a karela. Karela means bitter gourd in Hindi (I’m learning my Hindi lessons well!). Actually, we hated it. Totally hated it. Claire hated it the most. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into a year.

                  Yes, it was only after a year that we found that like someone had spread a rumor about Kevin liking Claire, someone had also spread a rumor among the boys, about Claire being head over heels for Kevin. Kevin really hated that. He was disgusted, because he took Claire as his best friend, but absolutely not a thing more than that. Not that Claire actually liked him or anything. The pure-friendship feeling was mutual between both of them, and both of them thought nothing else of each other. And guess what? We had no idea who did it.

                  Of course, we could have thought that it was Josh Xavers, but Josh joined school only last year. It’s very, VERY weird, how Josh made his place as the Son of Hermes in three weeks. The relation shared by Claire and Kevin was actually very strong, so someone who hated it being that way must’ve spread both the rumors. But I guess that mystery is never going to be unraveled. And it’s better not to waste time on it, especially after three years.

                     When Claire found out about the second rumor, she tried many times to talk to him about it, and clear everything out. But when her efforts failed. She stomped her foot on the floor and her expression was like “Like I Care! Die, doofus!” That really surprised us. And note that Iris: Claire can keep her cool for a while, but she kills it when she looses her head. Even if it’s only for a while.

                 The hatred grew and grew and well… grew on.  And after three years of all that, I feel… weird (no other word to describe it) writing about it to you. Really, weirdness at its heights.

                 Yesterday, Rachel was catching up on all this. When they thought Kevin wasn’t looking, Rachel started giving her opinion about Kevin’s behavior. Not that that was anything wrong, it was just that well… Kevin was a bit too close-by.

              Oh Iris, the onlookers of the fight were watching Rachel and Kevin like they were watching a ping-pong match. It was such a big bomb, with an explosion even bigger! Girl, Rachel should write a book titled ‘How to Be a Popular Newbie’.

                So this epic story of Claire and Kevin is written to you with black ink, which cannot be erased. It’s such an epic story, well… for us at least!

                Sunday tomorrow! Hope went for her sleepover at five in the evening today. Sunday’s are usually boring, and full of homework…and unlike others, I hate it and stuff… but let’s see what’s in store for tomorrow!      

                                                                                  Forever and Always

                                                                                                Destiny

                                                                                                                

 



© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
This is the shortest chapter until now, and I wanted to relate it with real life....
Saturdays are ACTUALLY very boring around here. So nothing much happens. lol
:)
Tell me about the chapter, please? I need more opinion on the book, so if you guys no any others who'd like it, or be ready to read it, I won't mind if you send them an RR from my side. I'll appreciate it a lot. Really.

Forever and Always
Rhea

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice. I didn't realize this was part of a book until I reached the end. Whoops. Silly me. So I went back and read everything else and this is my conclusion.

You, my friend, are one heck of a talented writer.

I mean, sure there were a few minor errors but we all have those. Just proofread at least twice before submitting it and all will be well.

I'm one to talk. I can't even spell my name right half the time :P

This was a really intriguing story. Like, REALLLLLLLLLY intriguing. You must write more or I'll hunt you down and pelt you with small, furry animals until you do. You have been warned.

Write more!!!
-Belccaver Bishelorp (see, what did I tell you?)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am more excited to know what lies ahead between Claire and kevin. I love friendship than love lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


Another amazing chapter :P Reading on

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is really like real life but with a heap of intensity added, kevin sounds just like this dumb kid at my school, nathan binkley
anyway good job, i am really liking this book

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark Butterfly

11 Years Ago

does he sing "B bananas! b a n a n a n a n a n a s!" everyday? nathan does, along with other stupid .. read more
Aehr

11 Years Ago

ummm no. so the weirdest-craziest-annoying guy award goes to Nathan, I guess... lol
Dark Butterfly

11 Years Ago

lol!
Very nice. I didn't realize this was part of a book until I reached the end. Whoops. Silly me. So I went back and read everything else and this is my conclusion.

You, my friend, are one heck of a talented writer.

I mean, sure there were a few minor errors but we all have those. Just proofread at least twice before submitting it and all will be well.

I'm one to talk. I can't even spell my name right half the time :P

This was a really intriguing story. Like, REALLLLLLLLLY intriguing. You must write more or I'll hunt you down and pelt you with small, furry animals until you do. You have been warned.

Write more!!!
-Belccaver Bishelorp (see, what did I tell you?)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
:) awesome chapter! I love the way Destiny writes, it's so casual, but yet so nice and very readable! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Karela lol!!! Its a vegetable.. When you said it turned to karela I was laughing my head off.. Nice example of bitterness.. Lol
I loved it... Want to read more!

Ps: I can understand hindi because am an urdu speaker ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

YEEEEEEEES!!! XD
Aehr

11 Years Ago

hold on, just a few minutes :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Okay sure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2012
Last Updated on November 2, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by J. Write