8th April 2012: My First Day

8th April 2012: My First Day

A Chapter by Aehr

                                                                                                    8th April, 2012

Dear Iris,

                   I woke up at 5:30, had a bath…blah-blah-blah (fast forward), and then came the time when I had to choose what to wear. I decided a casual look. Just a dark purple tee, with tight fitting black jeans, black converse shoes, and my hair open, with a purple butterfly clip. Breakfast was actually amazing, and there were cheese sandwiches for lunch, so I was actually on top of the world.

                  … At least till I reached school.

                  The bus ride till school was exciting. Butterflies were flying in my stomach throughout the ride, and then, we reached school.

                   When I got down, I had my peers waiting for me. Rose was listening to music, Sophie was reading, and Claire was talking to ….

                    Jacob.

                     The fact that Jacob was there too was actually surprising. He usually used to hang around with his friends. But, today was special. It was the day he had told me that he liked me.

                     I got down, and my gal-pals and me greeted each other with a group hug. Jacob just stood there, leaning against a wall, his pale blue eyes on me, and a smile on his gorgeous face. He was looking amazing. He had a loose black shirt on, with the top button open, and blue jeans. His brown hair was perfectly in place, just the way I loved it. And when I thought that I was looking like a fan girl staring in awe at a superstar, I dropped it, and my face came back to normal. But those eyes, they didn’t stop looking at me. Figuring out, that I’m not going to start the conversation, he came to talk to me.

                       “Hi Des” he said.

                       “Hey, you look good” I replied but thankfully, not in that fan-girl way. He smiled. Oh, his side-smile! So cute! 

“Umm… you ready for today? I mean, you scared?” he asked.

“Kinda… but I’m more excited than scared.” I replied. Stress on the word ‘scared’.

Jacob just nodded, smiled, and walked away. “See you then” he said as he made his way to the assembly area.

“Des and Jacob sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G” sang Claire, and Rose and Sophie laughed. I ended up laughing along with them.

“Girls, that’s like… a million years old” I said.

“I know. But old is gold, darling” Claire replied with a wink.

                         We laughed. Again.

But then we realized that we might not be able to laugh together like this again. What if our sections changed? What if we didn’t get to hang around with each other? The laughter faded into grins, grins faded into smiles, and smiles faded into nervousness. We realized that things might change, but we needed to stand strong, by each other, no matter what happened.

                        The school bell rang, and nervously, we walked towards the assembly hall, with hands linked with each others’ like a daisy chain. We held our breaths till Principal Lawrence announced the sections of all the grades.

                        I’m in 9 B. And guess who of my girl - friends is with me:

                        No one.

                      Oh Iris, I never thought this would happen. None of my friends have any same classes with me. I’m stuck with…Kristy Quail and her ‘chamchees’. Chamchees means ‘followers’ in Hindi. Hindi is the mother tongue of India (I’m learning Hindi. I like it.). Anyway, so yea, the only girls I know (and as a matter of fact, hate) are Kristy Quail, Vanessa Jade, Pauline Gregory and Florence Trust. I hate their clique! And I miss mine. They’re all bossy idiots, who know nothing but bitching around about other girls. They’re the gossip girls. And most of the time, I feel like murdering them. Maybe I will someday.

                     Enough of the cons. Let’s pay attention to the pros.

#1. Jacob

Jacob and I have most of our classes same, so at least I’ll have company, and get to spend some time with him. So I’m not entirely dead. I can survive.

 

#2. Library In-charge

I’m the library in-charge for 9 B. And most probably, Sophie and Claire are also going to be Library In-Charges for their sections. So, we have a few hours in a week.

 

#3. Class Teacher

My class teacher is Miss. Olivia Zane. Yes! She’s the most amazing class teacher you could wish for! She teaches us English and Geography (weird combo, I know)

 

                     The rest of the day was confusing. I hung around with my peers. No one is happy with their classes except for Sophie. Sophie looks like the cute little geeky girl with blond hair and bangs and specs who lives next door. She reminds everyone of anime girls. But she has a secret which only we know: Sophie has a crush on Ryan Wilson.

                    Ryan Wilson is the most popular dude in the whole of 9th grade. He’s the soccer captain, and the most good looking guy ever. But, unfortunately, (for Ryan as well as the low scale girls in the grade), he is in a relationship with Kristy. So that’s like the end for Sophie’s hopes. But now, she has an open door. At least Kristy’s out of the way!

                    In History class, Kristy and her bitchy pride were passing by my table. Vanessa stopped, looked at me and said pitifully “Oh Destiny darling, have you seen your hair? If I were you, I would have hanged myself to death. Do something about it, or maybe Jacob’s going to drift away from you like… driftwood!” and she chuckled. I stood up and said “Oh Vanessa honey, have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look like a cheap Chinese doll. Oh wait, isn’t that what you are? Now I’m in no mood of starting fights. So you better get your butt back to your seat otherwise I’m going to say some bad things. And you seriously don’t want to hear them, okay? Toodles” Topped with extra sarcasm.  

                    She scowled at me and ran on her tippy-toes, back to her seat, to report everything to her beloved Kristy. When I looked in their direction, Kristy just smiled coldly at me, showed me the ‘L’ sign, and mouthed the word ‘Loser’, as the rest of her pride laughed like idiots behind her.

                    After school, I went back to the bus, and I was shocked to see…

                    Jacob.

I immediately went and sat beside him. “Hey Jake, when did you join the bus?”

“I joined from today, but I got late in the morning. So, here I am!” he replied.

“That’s great. So you’re sitting with me from now on, okay?”

“Yeah”

We spoke about how our day went and when I told him about Kristy and Vanessa, he said “They’re just a huge pile of uselessness. It’s best to fight them off, than to get bullied by them.” 

 

                     I told Mom about my first day, and Hope’s day seemed to be awesome. Dad called, so I spoke to him too. Well, that was pretty much it!

                     I hope everything will be okay tomorrow.

                      Missing my clique!

                                                                                          Forever and Always

                                                                                                          Destiny

                                                                                                                          

 



© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
My second chapter. Its longer than the first one. Tell me about it!!! Please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Flows on well from the first chapter great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this was like my first day of eigth grade!!!! i was with none of my friends and Alyssa was being a ***** so i told her to ***** off, then the group of peeps around me laughed like crazy and we all became good friends, now eighth grade is like social heaven for me!
a good write, verry realistic!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

tell me about it! lol. thanks
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Nice chapter! Your continuation was just as good as the first chapter:) and wait, I'm confused a bit...when did Jacob tell Destiny that he liked her and when did she tell him that she shared his feelings?

(Again, some personal comments which I'm holding back here.. tell me if it's ok or not:P)

Posted 11 Years Ago


AK

11 Years Ago

Oh, last year. My bad, I probably didn't read it properly:P
Aehr

11 Years Ago

i didn't mention about last year, but... i did... let it be...
AK

11 Years Ago

You did, in the first chapter I think..
That is so what happened to me. I actually got 9B and got stuck with the biggest b***h and her chamchees. Still am. Most of my gal pals were separated. Seriously had hoti h!! Anyway great chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

oh wow, that's weird. lol.
Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

Tell me about it (rolling eyes) :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Omg amazing chapter I am hooked :O Cannot wait for the next one!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awww!!! Sooo sweet!! I wish they were in same section but still I LOVE it!!
Continue!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very realistic story :) Both this and the first chapter were excellent. Keep going!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice flow. Thank god the protagonist knows how to stand for herself when there are b*****s like kristy < a change from the quotidian Teen drama.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

yeah, thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 24, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..