15th April 2012: An Exciting Monday

15th April 2012: An Exciting Monday

A Chapter by Aehr

 

                                                                                             15th April, 2012

Dear Iris,

               Today was a mix and match of many things. Well… here goes!

                Early in the morning, my peers were waiting for me near my bus. Sophie was actually jumping, and Rose was… uhh… jumping with her! Rachel and Eddy were talking excitedly to Claire. When I got down, we greeted each other with a group hug.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Totally” they replied.

               The assembly was extremely long and boring as usual. There was only one exciting thing. Principal Lawrence gave us some news.

“Now there have been a few changes with the sections of some children. The changes are as follows” She then recited a list of the children whose sections had changed. I knew a few of them.

In the end she said “…and Troy Stone has been shifted to class 9 B.”

                The moment she finished, I hung my head. Was that really necessary?

“Also to remind you that there is Library Duty after school today.” Ms. Lawrence continued.

                Honestly, I wanted to scream. But then I dragged my attention to Kristy and the b*****s. I cheered up instantly.

                      We started to the class from the hall after assembly. And when we reached, Kristy, Vanessa and Pauline were waiting for us.

“Destiny-of-Comic books!” Vanessa shouted on the top of her voice. Of course, she was trying to get our attention because Kristy wanted to tell us off, but now you tell me, isn’t it a stupid line to start off with? Even Kristy was staring at her like she was crazy.

“What, b***h?” I replied, my friends standing beside me.

Scowls at us.

“Stop scowling. No time for your girl talk. I’ve got class. Now speak, or shut up and mind your own business.”

Kristy shoved Vanessa aside with the ‘I’ll-handle-it’ expression. She looked me in the eye and started.

“You were the one who did it. You put the itch powder on my lip gloss. Do you have any idea how expensive it is?”

All of us burst out laughing like crazies.

“As expensive as your sick attitude. And that has a very low price” Eddy said.

More laughter.

“Oh shut up, duplicate! Destiny, you made me look like a jerk in front of Ryan. It was just so embarrassing!” Kristy said, faking tears. As if that was going to help.

 “Now I know I look great all the time,” she continued, as we rolled our eyes “but you made me the laughing stock of the grade!” Vanessa ACTUALLY fell for the fake crying. She tried to console her.

“And Rachel, when I first saw you, I knew you had potential. You’ll do better with us, mark my words for that. You’ll have fame in the game. Your crazy duplicate is good enough for people in Destiny’s group.” Kristy said, switching back into bitchy mode.

Rachel’s expression was hard to read on that statement. I mean she did not look like she was disagreeing, but she was not even agreeing.

“Yeah, I am better off with them. You call us crazy? We’re not the one’s wanting meat dresses like Lady Gaga’s. And the name’s Eddy!” Eddy replied, in their shocked faces.

“Eew!” The three of them said with the same expression, like they had practiced it.

“Eddy? What’s next, you’ll start using the boy’s washroom?” Pauline commented, and their crew begun laughing. They had this sick girly half-hearted laugh, as if someone was asking them not to talk, and they were having a tough time keeping their laughter under control. I always hated their laugh.

“Don’t bark, b***h” Sophie gave back.

“And dare you psyche my sis” Eddy said, with a stony expression.

“Yea, right... whatever.” Kristy replied, rolling her eyes. “Rachel dear? Keep in mind what I’ve told you.” Kristy said, with her fake smile, gesturing towards Rachel, who looked like she didn’t care at all. She turned back to me then, one of her hands straightening up her blond hair. “And Destiny Wood? You’re going to pay for what you’ve done.” She said, decisively.

“We’ll see” I replied, with an ‘I’ll-Get-You-Again’ smile.

She and her peers walked off without another word.

          We were actually happy. She DID feel embarrassed! But we didn’t really care about the ‘You’re going to pay’ part. We didn’t care.

         When we reached class, I saw that Troy was getting along well. Very well actually. He was talking to Josh for most of the period. If I were him, I would have never done that. It’s too risky to be good friends with Josh.

          The day went on, the first period was English, and Ms. Zane discussed a bit about poetry that we’re going to begin with in the next class for creative writing.

“Now we’re going to start with poetry” she started. “We’re going to take inspiration from our surroundings, and every single thing and person around us. Whether its nature, or your friends… or simply any picture that you love! So, we’ll start tomorrow, and all I have to say is, be ready!” She smiled that warm smile of hers.

“But there’s one thing” she added. “Beginning with creative writing will put our Literature syllabus on hold. So, I’m giving you time till Thursday. Those who want to participate in the creative writing program, you may. Those who don’t, may not. I’ll take your names on Thursday.” And then we continued with the chapter that we were doing.

The second period was boring, so was the third… I’ll just skip to recess.

             So, we were just chatting, and it was loads of fun. I was waiting for Jacob to come, and he did just a minute after I thought of him. But then, I saw something totally unexpected. Behind Jacob was…

              Troy Stone.

              I was dumbstruck for several moments. Jacob was never a friend of Troy. It was not like they hated each other or anything, but they just never spoke to each other that much. Looking at them then, they were laughing and talking like they knew each other since years. The expressions on the faces of Eddy and Rachel were unreadable, because they had no idea why all of us were so stunned. We didn’t even have any time to tell them. We hid our shocked expressions when both the boys were closing in to our table.

“Hi girls!” Troy said greeting us.

All of us said hi to him, acting as if we were very enthusiastic and happy to meet him. But not really, we weren’t. At least I wasn’t. I was shocked. Troy knew that there had always been a time when I was totally for him, and he’d been avoiding me since then. But now…?

               Jacob came and sat beside me, beside him was Troy and then the others.

“Why did you…” I asked Jacob, in whispers, but he cut me off.

“Its no big deal. Trust me, he’s a friend.” He replied back, in a whisper.

             I was silent after that, and I could tell that Jacob noticed.

             I had no choice but to ‘go-with-the-flow’. And recess actually seemed to be extra long today. I was relieved when the bell rang.

            Now, I would have told Jacob not to be a friend of Troy AT ALL but first, that would be extremely childish. I mean, what are we, 1st graders? And secondly, I didn’t want to be his Mom. He has a right to do what he wants to, and I shouldn’t really be bothered anyway. I don’t like Troy anymore. I think that I was making it complicated for myself. Plus, something told me that there was a reason for Jacob doing all of this.

            The rest of the day was… well, the rest of the day! Had a lot of fun with Eddy in the Chemistry class. Kristy and her pals eyed me many times with that ‘You’re-Going-Down’ look. I couldn’t talk to Jacob after lunch. I just met Claire and Rachel after school.

“… Don’t take Kristy OR Kevin seriously. Don’t let them psyche you.” Claire was telling Rachel, as they walked towards us.

“Kristy’s mad, I’m sure of that. But Kevin’s too much! He was like ‘I’ll burn your hair’. I mean, what was that for, just for wanting to be friends? And what does he know about hair anyway? His own hairstyle is useless! Doesn’t suit him, you know?” Rachel replied. We totally knew what she was talking about. We instantly joined the conversation.

“Tell me about it!” Rose started. “He was in my section last year, and he gave me hell!” she took out a chocolate bar from her bag, and offered us pieces of it.

“Just let it be” Sophie advised. “And Kristy’s just trying to get into you’re mind. She’ll get over it when she sees that you really don’t care.”

                Sophie and I bade farewell and all that stuff to our friends, and we went to the Library. We didn’t have all that much to do, but there was work. Sophie took care of the books her classmates had issued that week, made a list and handed it over to Mrs. Liz, our librarian. So did I, and then we rearranged the ‘FICTION’ bookshelf all over again.

                 As much as we loved reading, all of us hate Mrs. Liz, as much as we hate Kevin. She’s this tall, slender, fair lady, who’s such a huge pessimist, that we felt a surge of negative energy and vibrations as soon as we came close to her.

                 Ignoring all that, as we waited for our parents to come and pick us up, I decided to strike a conversation with Sophie.

“Ryan likes you.” I said.

“No, he likes Kristy” she replied, laughing at the idea of him liking her.

“That’s just show. He actually likes you.” I replied.

She just sighed.

“Well, there’s plenty of time for our parents to come. Want to check out the soccer team practice?” she asked.

“Okay” I replied.

               So we made our way to the soccer field. And to our surprise, Kristy wasn’t there. Troy’s in the soccer team, and he wasn’t there too. That was weird. As much as I know both of them, (and trust me, I know them well), they never miss a soccer practice. Both of them never do. The moment Sophie saw Ryan, and he saw her, I could see their feelings spring up for each other. So, I decided to leave them like that, and find Kristy and Troy by myself. I went to the pool, but they weren’t there. They were nowhere near the field, or in the building. When I was coming back to the field, I heard someone. It was none other than…

            Troy, on the phone. And coincidentally, he was talking to Jacob. This was their conversation.

Troy: She’s too much, Jacob. I just asked her for her Algebra copy, and she was all flirty with me.

(Then Jacob says something…)

Troy: I totally understand why Destiny hates her.

(Then Jacob says something. Again)

Troy: No, man. I hate her like hell. She’s crazy. You know whom I like. The worst thing would be Ryan knowing. I’ve told her to stop flirting, but she doesn’t listen! Why is she after my life?

(Then Jacob says something)

Troy: Okay, I’ll see you.

 

            And then it all occurred to me: The truth is that Kristy was flirting with Troy behind Ryan’s back. Which means that " she is cheating Ryan? That too, with Troy not liking her back. Oh man, this is huge. What if someone like Josh finds out? And-what? Troy likes someone? Who? And Jacob knows… he hasn’t even told me yet. Why hasn’t he told me?

          I didn’t tell anyone about this, but just stealthily went back. By that time, our parents were waiting for us at the gate.

           I just have no idea what’s going to happen next! Eeep!!!! Should I tell anyone? Or just keep it to myself? Oh my God!!!

                                Forever and Always

              Destiny

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
i'm sorry i couldn't add this one as soon as i wrote it due to some problems...
tell me stuff, people! lol :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey i am actually beginning to like this with all the new twists: troy liking someone ...jake knowing it but not revealing to des..... kris cheating ryan for troy ... to the next chapter i go!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 14, 2012


Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr