Episode 4

Episode 4

A Chapter by HopelessRomantic

Episode 4

 

Scene 1

(We pick up where we left off with Juan and Allye with her teacher, in the classroom)

 

Juan

 Alexandria Esperanza, what the hell are you thinking?!

 

Patricia

Mr. Esperanza please-

 

Juan

(ignoring her) Why are you doing this to yourself?

 

(Allye starts to cry and Juan stands up over her and grabs her arms and pulls them out so she can see it)

 

Juan

Look! Look at what you’re doing to yourself!

 

(Allye is crying and Patricia grabs Juan’s hands)

 

Patricia

Mr. Esperanza that’s enough!

 

Juan

What do you mean that’s enough look at what she’s doing?!

 

Patricia

You can’t just yell at her and show her the problem like that. You need to be calm and caring.

 

Juan

Well you got the wrong relat-

 

(Juan suddenly stops and then walks out of the room. Patricia turns around and holds Allye while she’s crying. We see Juan outside the classroom and he pulls out his cell phone and dials a number)

 

Juan

Hey it’s me. I need you down her now.

 

(we cut to Sarai’s office, she just hung up her phone and grabs her jacket when suddenly Zahar walks in)

 

Sarai

Now is not the time Zahar I don’t feel like dealing with you

 

Zahar

Well too bad, Emilio needs to know if you will-

 

 

Sarai

It can wait!

 

(Sarai walks out past Zahar and leaves Zahar in her office, Zahar then walks to Sarai’s desk and sits behind it, soaking up the feeling of running the company without Sarai and Juan. Suddenly Raquel walks in)

 

Raquel

I know she didn’t give up her office?

 

Zahar

It’ll be mine soon enough

 

Raquel

Well I brought you a report from the shareholders. It seems someone is buying up stock from the company at an alarming rate.

 

Zahar

Really?

 

(Raquel hands Zahar the file and she looks over the stocks bought up)

 

Zahar

Wow this is great! Whoever this is purchased a major part of the company.

 

Raquel

Yes and they’ve even put in bids for other shareholders as well offering them double what the current price is.

 

Zahar

(puzzled) So whoever this is wants as much as they can get?

 

Raquel

It would seem that way.

 

Zahar

Ok well then we’ll just see who sells and who doesn’t

 

(Fade out)

Scene 2

(Sarai walks into the school and finds Juan outside of Allye’s classroom)

 

Sarai

I got here as fast as I could, what’s going on?

 

Juan

Allye is in there right now with her teacher and it appears she’s been suicidal lately

 

Sarai

(shocked) What?!

 

Juan

She’s in there right now and I don’t know what to do, but she needs you.

 

Sarai

Ok well I’ll go in there and take care of this you need to call Emilio.

 

Juan

Ok

 

(Sarai walks into the classroom, Allye sees her and runs to her crying)

 

Sarai

Esta bien mija, yo se mi amor.

 

Patricia

Hello I’m Alexandria’s English teacher Patricia Garcia.

 

Sarai

Hello, so can you please fill me in on what’s going on?

 

(we then cut to Malory’s office, she has a resignation form and is filling it out when Santino and Maria walk in)

 

Santino

You called for us?

 

Malory

Yeah both of you come in

 

(Santino and Maria both come in)

 

Malory

Now I realize I may, and I emphasize may, have a drinking problem but I don’t believe that you two should take this as an opportunity to help each other

 

Maria

What are you talking about?

 

Malory

These feelings between you two need to be handled outside this company, not within it.

 

Santino

There is nothing going on between us Malory


Malory

You two have feelings! Don’t deny it to my face!

 

Santino

Whatever feelings there are have nothing to do with you or the company

 

(Malory stands there unfazed while the other two stare her down, we cut to Emilio’s office and he has a stack of papers on his desk that his is putting together when Juan walks in)

 

Juan

Did you get all the press kits together?

 

Emilio

Yes, just finished them and thank you for covering for me at Allye’s meeting

 

Juan

I actually came to talk to you about that

 

Emilio

Que paso?

 

Juan

I would tell you but you need to go down there for yourself, Mom is already down there and I think you should go, I can handle the press conference

 

Emilio

Is it that serious?

 

Juan

Yes

 

(Emilio then walks out the office and Juan grabs the press kits and walks out)

 

(Fade out)

Scene 3

(We’re in a press conference room and the press is getting settled while Zahar and Raquel both show up)

 

Zahar

This is my moment!

 

Raquel

I’m happy your finally getting what you always wanted

 

(Raquel and Zahar walk up to the podium, but then Juan comes out from backstage)

 

Juan

I assume you’re ready?

 

 

Zahar

Wait, I thought Emilio was gonna head this press conference?

 

Juan

Well now I am, and I hope you brought some tissues because I’m gonna expose you for who you really are!

 

(Fade out)

 

Scene 4

(We’re back in Allye’s classroom, all three of them are sitting down as Allye quietly sobs to herself)

 

Patricia

Allye wasn’t able to tell everyone else about how she felt, so she came to me and I told her she needed to tell her father, but he wasn’t available.

 

Sarai

Juan wasn’t very good at handling this was he?

 

Patricia

Not really.

 

Sarai

Well he went through this after my husband died

 

Allye

(sniffling) When Grandpa John died you cut yourself?

 

Sarai

No mija, but I did get very friendly with the liquor bottle. I started to drink heavily and then one night I just couldn’t handle it and I found some of Jose’s medications and took a bunch and drank and eventually passed out. Almost went comatose, then Juan came in and found me and panicked. Since then I haven’t drank heavily for years and that’s why he was so mad mija, it was because he remembers what happened with me and doesn’t want that to happen with you.

 

Allye

Grandma I never knew this.

 

Sarai

I don’t make it a habit to tell people.

 

Patricia

I think you found a good person to talk to Allye.

 

Allye

Me too

 

(Sarai smiles, we cut to Malory’s office, she’s holding the resignation papers in her hand)

 

Malory

You told me that any decisions I make today will go into affect verdad?

 

Santino

Yes.

 

Malory

Well as my last act before my temporary suspension, I’m firing Maria from Valenova Designs

 

(Maria and Santino’s jaw drops)

 

(Fade out)



© 2012 HopelessRomantic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So much drama! lol this is like a soap opera.... but I love it all the same! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That_Girl

11 Years Ago

I thought so... it's good!
HopelessRomantic

11 Years Ago

keep going it's only gonna get better
That_Girl

11 Years Ago

I will. :) Working through my looooong list of RR's. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012


Author

HopelessRomantic
HopelessRomantic

Houston, TX



About
I am currently a college student in Houston, Texas. I attend Houston Baptist University receiving a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in English. I have always enjoyed reading and writing and a.. more..

Writing