Episode 10

Episode 10

A Chapter by HopelessRomantic

Scene 1

(We’re inside a dance studio, and we see a young girl practicing a routine, this is Nadia Inserni, a young prodigy dancer and we hear classical music as she does her routine and she suddenly messes up and stops and goes and turns off the stereo and grabs her bag to start putting her stuff in, when the door opens and in walks Claudia Inserni, her mother)

 

Claudia

Where do you think you’re going?

 

Nadia

It’s late mama, I have exams to study for.

 

Claudia

You have two days until you perform at the exhibition, and I don’t think you have all your routine down

 

Nadia

I need to study mama and I’ll be back here tomorrow

 

(Claudia grabs her arms and throws her bag onto the floor)

 

Claudia

You think this is a joke? You think I’m going to have you embarrass me in front of the entire audience? Put your things down and do this routine again until you have it perfect!

 

(Nadia sadly puts her things down and starts the song over and takes her place at the center of the room)

 

Claudia

Now from the top! And 1, 2, 3

 

(Claudia continues to count while we see Nadia moving through the moves with tears of frustration in her eyes, we then cut to inside Emilio’s apartment and Taylor walks in and sits on the couch, she suddenly starts to cry and lays down and grabs a pillow and sobs into the pillow, we then cut to Emilio laying motionless on the street and Patricia runs out from The Coffeehouse and runs to his side)

 

Patricia

Emilio! Emilio answer me!

 

(He slowly turns his head and sees Patricia standing there he reaches up to touch her then he suddenly goes limp, Patricia puts her head on his chest to hear a heartbeat but doesn’t hear anything, and its then she realizes that Emilio is dead)

(Fade out)

Scene 2

(We’re with Juan and Sarai in his office)

 

Juan

So I take it that Taylor didn’t take the meeting too well?

 

Sarai

The driver just informed me that she was dropped off at Emilio’s apartment

 

Juan

Ok good I hope she’s ok

 

(Juan’s door suddenly bursts open and Zahar rushes in)

 

Zahar

You’ve got some explaining to do!

 

Sarai

Me? She’s not my daughter

 

Zahar

How did you do it? Did you go back to hell and ask my mother about my deepest, darkest secret?

 

Sarai

I just had a hunch and it worked

 

Zahar

I’ve seen what you can do, and believe me this is by far the worst thing you’ve ever done!

 

(Sarai smiles as Zahar is fuming, we then cut to outside of The Coffeehouse as Santino is walking up to it and sees the crowd by the parking lot, he walks over to see what’s going on and sees Emilio laying dead on the pavement and rushes by him)

 

Santino

What happened?

 

Patricia

We were inside and we heard a car driving through and suddenly drive off and someone yelled that someone had been hit

 

Santino

(feeling his wrist for a pulse) No pulse and (puts his head on Emilio’s chest) no air sounds. We need to get him to the hospital

 

(Santino lifts Chris and drags him to his car with Patricia helping him as they are putting him into the car Santino looks down and sees a pink business card and sees that it’s a Valenova Designs card with Malory’s name on it and goes white, grabs it and he then gets into the car and drives to the hospital)

 

(Fade out)

Scene 3

(We’re back in Juan’s office and Zahar is still fuming over what happened)

 

Zahar

Of all the things you could’ve done to try to get back at me, tell the world I slept with your husband, tell them I’m a s**t who will do anything for power, but you bring up something I wish I had never done!

 

Sarai

That young lady is nothing like you so you should be grateful of that! And if you were so scared of it coming back to haunt you why did you keep her here in Houston?

 

Zahar

I just wanted her out of my life, and you brought her back.

 

Sarai

You’re welcome

 

(Zahar then quickly leaves Juan’s office while Sarai looks amused with herself)

 

Juan

Well you really seem to have gotten her this time

 

Sarai

I don’t want this flaunted in the press though, this will be a silent victory for me because even though she’s getting what she deserves, I will not allow Taylor to get hurt

 

(we then cut to Taylor and she’s sitting on the couch and is holding the pillow, she then puts it down and starts rubbing her stomach)

 

Taylor

Hello in there, I know you don’t know me but I’m your mommy. I know that you’ve heard some pretty horrible things about how I don’t want you or that I should make you go away, and I’m very sorry. I promise that I’m going to be the best mommy I can be and I will make you very happy, do you hear me?

 

(suddenly the phone rings and Taylor gets up and answers it)

 

 

 

 

Taylor

Hello?...Yes this is Emilio Esperanza’s house……What?! Oh my gosh!......Yes we’re on our way! ALLYE!

 

(Allye emerges from the room)

 

Allye

What is it?

 

Taylor

It’s your Dad, he’s been in an accident.

 

(Allye’s eyes widen as they start to leave)

 

(Fade out)

 

Scene 4

(Sarai is about to leave Juan’s office when her phone rings)

 

Sarai

Hello?....Allye what’s wrong? Ay Dios mio no!

 

Juan

What happened?

 

Sarai

Emilio was just hit by a car

 

(Juan jumps up and they both run out of his office we then cut to a hospital lobby and Allye and Taylor both walk in and they see Santino)

 

Taylor

Dr. Valenova!

 

(Santino turns around)

 

Santino

Taylor? What are you doing here?

 

Allye

We got the call about my father, they said that it was bad and we needed to get down here right away, what happened?

 

Santino

Allye…here lets come inside

 

(Santino leads them into an empty room)

 

Allye

What happened to my daddy?

 

Santino

He was in a hit and run, but the driver was going extremely fast and it hit your father head on

 

(Allye is already tearing up and starting to breathe very fast)

 

Santino

When I got to the scene it was already too late, I checked his pulse and tried to revive him, but it was too late.

 

(Allye collapses into Taylor’s arms and starts sobbing uncontrollably Santino gets up and leaves the room and when he gets to the lobby Sarai and Juan both run in and see him)

 

Sarai

Santino, do you know where Emilio is?

 

Santino

I’m sorry Sarai, but he’s dead.

 

Sarai

No, no no no por favor nooo!

 

(Sarai turns to Juan and starts crying into his chest as he holds her and we see Juan with tears in his eyes but he quickly blinks them away and they walk into the room with Taylor and Allye and Allye runs into Sarai’s arms and they cry in each other’s arms, we cut to Nadia’s room as she walks in really slow and sits on the edge of her bed and takes off her shoes, her feet are extremely red and the veins are popping out as she rubs them softly, then stands up and kneels at the foot of her bed looking at the crucifix on her wall)

 

Nadia

God, I know that my diligence will be rewarded, and I know that Your grace is always on those that follow in Your ways, but please do what I am about to ask you. Please forgive me for the hatred I feel towards my mother and this family. Please help give me tolerance for those I am supposed to love. Amen

 

(Fade out)



© 2012 HopelessRomantic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012


Author

HopelessRomantic
HopelessRomantic

Houston, TX



About
I am currently a college student in Houston, Texas. I attend Houston Baptist University receiving a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in English. I have always enjoyed reading and writing and a.. more..

Writing