Chapter One- Broken

Chapter One- Broken

A Chapter by Revolved
"

Kila hurts and breaks her arm.

"

June 05, 10

Saturday

Dear Beloved Edward,

 

Today I'm going to your house! Oh I can't wait! I wonder what we are going to do... I'm glad you invited me over so we can just hang. I wished with all my heart you would ask me to come over instead of me asking you. Kevin is tagging along. I hope you don't mind. He thought since I am going he might as well go himself and not be stuck home watching a rerun of Army Wives with his three sisters and mom. Do you think my farm is smelly? Kevin said it's smelly, and he's glad we're going to your farm where it's really clean. You're the only one I know who has a really clean farm. I mean not one scent of poop in it! A-May-Zing!

     Did you hear about Ally? She told me she's going to marry your brother one day. I hope I get to marry you one day. Maybe it could be our little secret without the world knowing we are in love. How does that sound, Edward? Do you think it would be nice to have our own secret? I do. That way we can be official and when I tell someone they would be in total shock! Ooooooh I can't wait to come over! It's almost five and I  want to go before supper. Please come back from the store! Please please please!!!

 

This is all for now my love!

Love you Belly,

Kila

 

     Kila placed her blue diary on her lap and searched for the small silver lock. She knew a thousand girls has the same lock and key, but none of her friends do. So she was pleased she was able to keep a secret from her own best friend, Kevin, in the whole world. She was too embarrassed to  even tell him she had a crush on the boy who lives across from her, and it was risky too. Kila sighed as she locked the diary and safely placed it in her desk drawer. She smiled and placed her hands on her chest still feeling the butterflies in her stomach. Writing letters to Edward was much easier in her diary than to actually write a letter to him himself.

     The doorbell rang and she had a feeling it was Kevin. Kevin has not missed one day visiting Kila, or her visiting Kevin, ever since October 2nd. They made a pact to never miss a day and see each other even if it kills them. Almost killed Kevin once when he had a virus that was going around school. They talked through the screen door until Kevin had to take his medication. Today he was surely not going to spend the day at home watching Army Wives with his weeping mother, and awing sisters.

     She heard him running up the stairs toward her bedroom. She jumped from the desk and quickly locked the desk drawer where her diary was safely kept. Kevin knocked on the door four times and called, "A yoo-hew! It's me!" Kila smiled at his lame greetings and walked over to the door. It was locked in case her sisters or brother tried to enter as she was writing. She heard Tweesy humming past Kevin and he gave her a cheery, "Hiya!" before Kila opened the door.

     "You came at last!" Kila greeted with her high-pitched voice. He beamed at her and laughed. "Well it took you long enough to open the door." He strolled inside going towards my bed. I kept the door open as usual and plopped right beside him. "Yeah sorry, I was in the middle of something." She stretched and gave a loud groan for Tweesy to hear all the way down the hall. Kevin laughed again and asked, "So what are we going to do at his house?"

     Kila heard his unpleasant tone toward Edward. "Why you say it like that?" Kevin gave her a look. She sighed and said, "Not sure yet. I still haven't told him you were coming. Maybe we can go to his pool." Kevin laughed. Kila looked at him with a confused expression. "What's so funny?" She asked a bit embarrassed. He shook his head and looked at her still half laughing. "It's just... the thought of me in the water with... Ah never mind. Kind of an inside joke with my sisters." Kevin always has inside jokes! Kila thought angrily.

     Jakob was waltzing through the halls with his hands in his pockets like Kevin does when he's walking. Jakob peeked in Kila's room and smirked. "Didn't Nanna told you not to have boys in your room?" He always asked whenever he saw Kevin here with Kila. Kila rolled her eyes annoyed, "Yes Dimmy! But she allows Kevin anytime! He's my bestest of friends." Kevin smiled a bit happy she actually said that in front of her brother. Jakob laughed. "I thought best friends were for two girls."

     "Dimmy! Kevin is not a girl! Best friends are something you would never know cause you don't have any friends!" Kila barked. Kevin looked at her blankly, surprised she said anything that mean. Jakob grind his teeth. "Whatever." was all he said and walked away. Kila glared into the hallway making sure Jakob wouldn't come back with something ignorant to say. Kevin stood up and looked out the window. He sighed sadly and said, "Eddy's here."

 

It was awkward when they met up with Edward. Kevin kept glaring him down and Kila couldn't stop smiling. Edward felt uncomfortable with Kevin's eyes on him. "Let go of the flippin' past Kevin!" Kila hissed. He rolled his eyes. Edward and Kevin never got along ever since the park accented back in 07.

     They were at the park. Kevin, Luran, Edward and Kila sat in a circle under a tree. Kila was sitting next to Edward and Luran. Luran used to be Kila's best friend. They played Skim Me which was a game they created. Kila was up next and Luran was the Skimmer.
     "Kila... Take you what's in your pockets." Luran said. Kila took out a pack of mint gum, a yo-yo, and a ripped paper from a People's magazine. "Anyone else has these items?" Kila asked unfolding the paper. "Well I got gum... Actually half a gum." Luran said digging into her bag. 
    "I have a picture of Lizzie Anderson in the seventh grade." Edward said digging into his back pocket. "That's what you brought for Skim Me?" Kevin said shaking his head. "What I'm just going through my junk in my closet." Luran and Kila laughed. "Let me see..." Kevin said nudging Edward. Edward chuckled and showed Kevin the picture. "Dang... And she gave you that?" Luran glared at Kevin. "No I stole it from my brother. HA! That's the rich part of having a brother who is a photographer."
     "Um are you okay?" Kila whispered to Luran. She stared hard at Kevin who was gonking at a picture of a tenth grader. "Luran?" Kila looked at Kevin and Edward. "Guys stop staring at that picture!" Kila hissed. Kevin looked away and saw the evil look in Luran's eyes. He knew he was going to be dead.  He can't help he has no more feelings left for Luran. And only Edward knew."Urg leave the boy alone! He's allowed to like someone other than you." Edward said looking at the picture.
     "What?" Luran yelled. "Uh... Oh um nothing.." Edward said throwing the picture on the ground facing down. "Wait... Say it again." Luran demanded. "Nothing!" Edward said. "Luran we need to break up." Kevin said unexpectedly. "Yeah you bet we do." Luran got up and started to walk away. Kila sat there staring at the ground. "Edward... I think you should go." Kevin said in a low voice. Edward got up and left. Since then it was just Kevin and Kila who were the close friends.

     "So uh... I was planning to ride horses... If that's alright with you guys." Edward spoke low looking away from Kevin. "Sounds fun!" Kila chirped then glanced at Kevin. She was surprised Kevin was looking at her. She gave him a Please-Don't-Ruin-This look. He shrugged and said, "Fine I suppose."  Kila beamed and hugged him for being nice today. It only lasted five seconds cause Edward turned around and Kila quickly let go so he won't get the wrong idea.

     "Belly, my sister wants to marry your brother." Kila froze unaware of what she just said. Edward spun around and whispered, "What?" Kila blushed a light shade of pink and looked away. They caught her reaction and looked at her strangely. "She told me that last night. She has a crush on Elliot." Kila spoke softly still looking away. Edward laughed. "He's seventeen years old, why would she like him?" Kila smiled and looked at him. "Well I don't know... She's the one who told me. Elliot is so nice to her and she likes boys who are nice and she used to have a crush on you until I told her..." Now both of them stared at her with a blank expression.

    Kevin shoved his hands in his pockets. "Told her what?" He asked. Edward opened the barn door and Kila heard the neighs from the horses. "Hey look there's Wendy!" Kila chirped changing the subject. Kila ran over to the white stallion horse named Wendy with four eyes watching her.

 

It was seven-thirty and Kila was still riding Wendy. Kevin leaned over the fence watching her from a distance. Edward rode Ginger, a light shade brown horse with black hair and a white spot on her rear. They rode the horses quietly focused on their thoughts waiting until the time was to come to an end. "Kila!" Kevin yelled from the fence. Kila looked at him. Before he could say anything else, Wendy stood up on two legs neighing loudly. Kila lost control and fell back off of the horse.

     "Kila!" Kevin screamed. He jumped over the fence and ran over to her. "I'll get Wendy!" Edward called over the neighing. Wendy ran away from the scene. Kevin had Kila's head on his right arm and her back on his thighs. "Kila? You okay? Kila?!" Kevin's voice broke as he called her name repeatedly. Edward came back with Wendy. "Wendy was startled by the something." Kevin heard Edward say.

     "Who cares about that now! Belly get her grandma, she hit her head." Kevin kept calling her name but she didn't budge. Before Edward left the farm Kila woke up moaning. Kevin smiled and shook her gently now whispering her name. "Kila? Kila... You okay?" Kila felt dizzy and had a big ole headache. "Wha-What happened?" She asked unable to move but her eyes and mouth. "You fell off Wendy. I she looked freaked out and I tried to warn you but it was too late."

    "Take me home... Please... Take me home.." Kila murmured. She already knew what to write down in her diary. The feeling of being thrown off a horse and hit your head on something hard. "Wait we have to take you to the hospital. You hit your head pretty hard." Before he could say anything else, her grandparents ran over to them with Twindle crying out, "My baby! Oh my baby!" Kevin picked her up with Kila's arm hanging loose with the other placed on her stomach.

     Twindle and Callen rushed over to Kevin. "Is she alright?" Callen asked. "What happened? What happened to my baby?" Twindle cried. Kevin knew Kila was too weak to answer. His mouth opened, but Edward's words came out, "She fell off Wendy when she was startled. She wasn't aware and she lost control and fell back. She hit her head pretty hard. I suggest you to take her to the hospital." Kevin made a low growl but held in his anger to keep hold of Kila.

     "The car is close. Come quick! Please!" Twindle cried. They rushed over to the small blue car and Kevin slipped Kila in with ease. Kevin sighed thinking, Boy her weekend sure did turn out bad. Callen got in the driver's seat with Twindle in the passenger's seat. "May I come along?" Kevin asked through the open window from the driver's seat. "Sure.." Callen answered. Kevin went on the other side where Kila's head was and placed her head on his lap. "Edward, my boy, would you like to join?" Callen asked. Edward shook his head. "Gotta take care of Wendy. Let me know if she's okay." Callen nodded and quickly they drove off to the hospital.

 

Kevin sat beside the hospital bed where Kila rested peacefully. She did not damage her head in any way, she broke her arm when she landed on it when she fell. Her left hand was the only thing that worked well. He heard her heart beat. It was calm and peaceful in the hospital room. Twindle and Callen talked to a doctor outside the room. He watched her sleep. "Poor Kila." He whispered.

     "Why?" A weak voice asked. He blinked and saw that Kila's eyes were opened slightly. A smiled flashed on his face. "You're awake!" Kila smiled, "Yes indeed. Hey what the flip happened?"

    "You fell off Wendy."

    "Oh that's right. I remember now. Where's Belly?" Kevin's smile faded. "He didn't come." Kila sighed, "Oh." Kevin nodded. "So how long have I been knocked out?" Kila asked half chuckling. "For about an hour. Boy you sure slept like a baby."

    "Why did you stay?"

    "Well I waited for you to wake up. Is that what you meant? Well yeah. I was so worried. Does your head hurt? Or your arm?"

    "My arm does. It inches a lot too. My head is fine. I just feel a little dizzy is all. I broke my right arm?"

    "Yeah you smashed it when you fell."

    "Oh... Thanks for staying. Where's Nanna and Pa?"

    "Outside. Twindle was crying the whole time. Callen was just silent for a while."

    "The usual.."

    "Yeah."

    "Hmm... I wonder how will Dimmy, Tweesy and Snookie will take it."

    "Tell me again why you call them that?" James said leaning back on the chair.

    "I call Jakob Dimmy cause when I was little I meant to call him dummy but I ended up calling him Dimmy. Now I call him that cause I was used to it. Tweesy, well you know that story. She has asthma and all. Tiffany was just too dull for me. Everyone ended up calling her that, even at school, cause I made it up when I was only two. And Ally is called Snookie cause she will always sneak around trying to steal a cookie since she was three."

     "You're practically the nickname master huh?" Kevin teased.

     "Yeah I suppose."

     "You never made me a nickname. Why is that?"

     "Cause I'm stumped between Chameleon and Google."

     "Google? Where you get that from?"

     "You always search things up on Google even for a school report."

     "What about Chameleon?"

     "You seem to blend in, in any crowd. So that's why."

     "Did you try mixing them both?"

     "Yeah but they sound retarded. Gooleon or Choogle."

     James laughed, "I like Choogle."

     "You know people never really choose their nicknames."

     "So?"

     "So that means you can't pick yours! I will figure it out... Trust me. I'll find one."

     "Do you have a nickname?"

     "Snookie calls me Ki. Tweesy calls me Bagel. Jakob calls me Frendue. Nanna calls me Ki Bear. And Pa calls me Nadallie."

     "Isn't Nadallie your last name?"

     "Yeah but he's the only one that calls me that for some reason." Kila sighed. "Hey you didn't give me a nickname either."

     "Yeah I know.. Oh and Frendue?"

     "French due. Since I make my hair into a french braid a lot."

     Kevin nodded. He looked at the door and saw Twindle and Callen enter. "It's time to go home." Callen said with a shy smile.


Kila, Twindle and Callen arrived at the house. Kila exited the car and started trotting over to the pale green house. Ally was sitting on Jakob's lap on the steps. Tweesy was on the tire swing resting her head on the tire. "Ki!" Ally cheered running over to Kila. Kila smiled and bent down to hug Ally. Jakob watched with a small smile. "Oooh! Where's your arm? Did they replace it with that thingy?" Ally asked unsure what the cast was. "No I still have it. It's just in here." Kila said banging on the cast.

     Ally giggled and banged on the cast feeling the rough bumps on her fingers. "Ow, it hurts." Ally looked at her hand and saw little bump marks. "C'mon Snookie. Let's go on the porch." Kila stood up and held Ally's hand. Twindle and Callen walked behind them. "Does it hurt?" Ally asked. "No I'm fine. It's healing." Kila smiled. They sat on the porch bench and watched their grandparents walk inside the house.

     "What happened?" Tweesy asked still on the tire swing. "I fell off Wendy." Kila answered. "How?" Jakob asked. "She was startled by something and stood on her back legs. I fell back and landed on my arm. I hit my head but no concussion." It was silent after a while. Kila broke the silence and said, "Who wants to sign it?"

 

Dear Edward,

 

Where were you? I thought you would save me, but of course Kevin did! He actually was worried when you were off riding Ginger... I can't believe you! Well lucky for me I'm back home. This weekend ended quite painful. Broke my arm... I bet you would sign my cast tomorrow. I'm having everyone sign it at school. So now I would be able to remember everyone. I am fine, thank God, and I am just resting now. Hopefully to see the sun shine tomorrow.

 

I'm still mad at you!

Okay so I still love you...

Love,

Kila  

 



© 2010 Revolved


Author's Note

Revolved
Let me know of any mistakes. Please!!!! And tell me what you think...
Nadallie is pronounce Na-doll-ly
I know some of the names are weird but who cares! Weird names make it more fun to write for me.

Mwaha! Someone just reminded me I used Twilight names!!! I only meant to use Edward, but I liked the name Jakob before I read Twilight, and James just happened to be there!!! Ha how funny :D I'm not a big fan-fic writer, and no worries, no fangs will be coming in soon.
Changed the name James to Kevin...!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


I usually spell yoo-hew, yoo-hoo but then that is me. I like the extra conversation added in. Also that it isn't all diary, it is flashbacks and scenes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is lovely!!! I loved every bit of it! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is pretty well written, I'm impressed. I doubt I'm the target audience, but your spelling and punctuation and formatting are pretty damn good. It seems clear that you know how to tell a story; however this does feel a little derivative. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it - I know fan fic, etc, is very popular in some places - especially on booksie.com. I'm guessing from the names of your characters that this is somewhat Twilight-inspired, though thankfully I haven't seen any fangs or sparkly vamps yet.

As far as I noticed, the only real typo here was .. "We'd made a pack" should be "We'd made a pact". Also, later on when James is talking, "He made a frighten(ed) look" would be right - but that phrase doesn't sound like something someone would actually say. More like "That horse freaked out," y'know?

I can see that you are developing a kind of love-triangle situation between James/Edward/Kila. However, you don't really get things moving enough to really hook the reader with just this first chapter, which is sometimes what you need. Overall I'm pretty impressed with this. It's put together quite well.




This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010
Tags: romance, journal
Previous Versions


Author

Revolved
Revolved

North East Philly!!!, PA



About
If you ever wished u lived another life put a frown of your face. If you ever hated someone say that you're a disgrace. If you ever wanted to die take those words back. If you eve.. more..

Writing
Touched Touched

A Book by Revolved


Shivers Shivers

A Chapter by Revolved


Runaway Runaway

A Chapter by Revolved