Chapter Two- Party for two

Chapter Two- Party for two

A Chapter by Revolved
"

Kila fumbles over her words when Kevin hears her think out loud and wants to know about Edward, Angie and her. What is going on?

"

June 06, 10

Sunday

Dear Belly,

 

Ally and Tweesy were the first to sign. Kevin couldn't sign cause he had to go when he was at the hospital. Twindle won't dare sign, she thinks it would hurt me. Actually I feel nothing at all. Is Wendy okay? Jakob thought I was going to die. He didn't spoke to me when he saw me in a cast when we came back home. I think he was scared. I am glad he was, that always reminds me he loves me.

      Speaking of love... Ally told me she's over Elliot and is in love with Kevin for being a hero. I thought of him as a hero too. Kevin was funny! He said, "Oh no, I'm not the hero here. It was just the brain working..." So he admits his brain is fried! Ha-ha! Do you think he's a hero? I think so. Or else I wouldn't be in a cast and won't be able to see my future hubby.

     Edward... Do you like me?

 

Confused and afraid of the answer,

Please say yes!

Love,

Kila

 

     Kila groaned feeling her arm itching again. She grabbed the skinny stick to scratch her arm. Jakob gave it to her this morning. She thought he was so sweet until he said, "I bet it would break as you're using it." Then Nanna yelled at him and he did that innocent look on his face. Kila rolled her eyes at the thought. She locked the desk drawer and hid the two keys for the diary and for the drawer under the desk. It was easy since she had a carpet instead of a wood floor. Then she noticed she didn't have butterflies like last time. It was more sad inside then all giggles and what not.

     She heard the phone ring and then Callen called, "Nadallie! It's for you!" She jumped and unlocked the door and ran downstairs. Callen had the phone in his right hand waiting impatiently so he can go back to the pasta he's cooking. Kila smiled, "Thanks Pa!" He nodded and shuffled to the kitchen. "Hello?" She cleared her throat aware of something stuck that made her voice crack.

     "Hey it's me, Paula." Paula, Kevin's oldest sister, greeted. "Hey Paula! What's the haps?"

     "Kevin told me you broke your arm."

     "Yep true."

     "Oh! Oh my! Are you okay?"

     "Yeah just dandy. Had trouble sleeping last night. The dang cast! But other than that I'm fine."

     "Oh I'm happy to hear that. I'm sorry it happened so sudden though!"

     "That's alright. Gives me something to talk about at school!" They both laughed.

     "Yeah that's true. Hey want to come over? We are planning a party for Angie's birthday."

     "She's turning twelve already?"

     "Actually it's next weekend. But we just wanted to do it sooner so she won't find the presents we bought her last night."

     "Oh.. Okay! Sounds great! Everybody's able to come right?"

     "Actually we are low on goodies and cake, so just bring one guest. But not Edward. Kevin really doesn't like him since yesterday."

     "He been not liking him."

     "Yeah, but yesterday he got more upset cause.. Oh wait he told me not to tell you. Sorry pal, but I always keep my promises."

     "No biggy. So the party. When's that?"

     "It starts at seven and ends at nine. Nothing much really."

     "Okay. But.. I don't have a gift."

     "That's alright. Angie is just dying to see you. She wants to sign your cast."

     "Alright! Well see you at seven."

     "Alright. Buh-bye!"

     "Bye!" Click!

     Callen looked over at Kila. "What was that all about?" He asked. Kila smiled, "Angie's having her birthday party tonight. But I can only bring one guest." Callen nodded with a chuckle. "So who's it gonna be?"

 

Fireflies were already out even though the sun was still up in the sky shining. Kila stood next to Kevin and sipped her icy lemonade. "So you didn't bring anyone?" He asked when the answer was smacked in front of him. "Well I really wanted to bring Edward. But I couldn't cause he was busy... And my siblings are just so annoying and all. And um.. Well no I didn't bring anyone." Kila babbled. Kevin chuckled the boy chuckle she could never mimic.

     "It's time for cake!" Kevin's mother called from the back porch. Everyone walked and gathered around a big table where Angie stood in the middle with a big grin on her face. She wore a pretty blue dress that went over her knees, and her hair was nicely pinned up, and she wore a paper crown. To Kila's eyes she looked like a princess. Angie always looked beautiful. She has her mother's looks. Kevin has his father's handsome face, and well built body. He has his mother's soft eyes. She always loved his eyes. It reminded her a lot like the ocean since it was so blue.

     Everyone sang Happy Birthday as Angie blushed and giggled. After it ended she closed her eyes, made a wish, and blew out the candles. "Birthday wishes always come true." Nanna told Kila when she was five. What did she wish for? Kila wondered. Will it come true? Hopefully. Then she stopped. "She likes Edward." Kila though out loud. James looked at her. She blushed and sipped her lemonade. She remembered Angie telling her two weeks ago that Edward is going to go out with her for her birthday. And she hoped that he is going to admit he has feelings for her and desires for her love. She knew she was kidding, but it just made her upset.

     That was her wish. For Edward to want her. Kila shivered wanting to get rid of the thought. Kevin gave her a piece of chocolate cake. Kila grabbed the cake and quickly walked away. She walked over to the swing set that Kevin's mom bought last Christmas.  Kevin took his time walking over to her. She ate slowly trying to keep herself busy before anything else came out. "So..." Kevin sighed when he got to her. "My sister likes my worst enemy?" Kila choked on a piece of cake she was eating.

     The plate almost fell since her left hand was half was to her mouth with a piece of cake on it. He sat on a swing and looked at her with a sad smile. "You okay?" He asked as she coughed. Kila coughed again and nodded. "I didn't think you heard me." He laughed, "Oh I did. And you sounded pretty sad." Kila forced herself to laugh, "Ha yeah... I just didn't expect that. You know. Um yeah."

     Kevin sighed. "Tell me the truth Kila. Why would you sound disappointed." Kila sighed, "I just... Thought.. It's hard to explain. I can't explain things. I am not good with words... Never good. Never... And I am a genius yet I can't find the words. Stupid plate!" Kila tried to grab the plate but it fell off her lap. Kevin grabbed it before it hit the ground. "Thanks." Kila mumbled. "Don't mention it." Kevin walked away and headed for Angie.

 

"You what?!" Tweesy gasped at Kila's news. "I like Edward! And it's killing me that no one knows. I can't tell Kevin. He hates him. And I can't help but like him. I almost told Kevin but lucky for me he just walked away. But I think he's going to tell Angie what I said and Angie won't talk to me for... Well maybe for three months! She told me not to tell anyone especially Kevin, and I blew it! Can you believe that? And I am a terrible lair and he knows that himself for a fact and-"

     "Bagel! Chill girl, before you break your throat." Kila gasped for air. Tweesy lied on her stomach with her arms crossed on top of a purple pillow with her head resting on her arms. Kila sat on her computer chair spinning around trying to clear her head. "Okay one fact is you both like him. Another fact is, he doesn't like either one of you."

     "Tweesy! I came to you for help, not to break my heart!" Kila stopped spinning and glared at her sister. "Hey sorry. Maybe I'm wrong. I just never see him the way... Never mind. Hey why do you like Edward anyways?" That stumped Kila. She never really knew why she liked him. It just happened somewhere last year. Kila stared at her sister. The silence made it impossible for Kila to think. Tweesy sighed and said, "Never mind. Kevin is going to come over. He called not to long ago when you were in the shower."

     "So after all of that he's coming back?" Kila asked surprised. Tweesy shrugged, "Hey maybe he has a confession himself. Look, Kila, you can't seem to write love letters or poems about Edward. Eventually someone is going to find out."

     "Wait how do you know I do that?"

     Tweesy smiled, "Now I do."

 

It was nine-thirty and Kila watched George Lopez until she heard the phone ring. Kila sighed too lazy to even think to call someone or even pick up the phone during George Lopez! But she got up and shuffled toward the screaming phone. She picked up the phone and answered, "Hello?" In a split second the person replied, "It's me Kevin. Sorry I didn't come I wanted to just hang and talk." Kila froze unable to even open her mouth. Well that seemed no problem for her, since her mouth was gaping open from shock.

     "Hello?" Kevin said wondering if Kila were alive. "Yeah, I'm here." She managed to say. "So what do you want to talk about?" She walked to the couch and lowered the volume. "About the party. What you said. You didn't seem to give me an answer. And I want one now." Kevin's tone was angry. She could tell by the way he spoke. He was more mellow than questioning and demanding for answers. "I can't explain it! It's hard! And if you are going to do this all night I might as well burst into tears, cause I can't answer the stupid question!" Kila's voice broke in the middle of her last sentence."But wait... Why do you want to know?

     Kevin sighed and paused to think. "It's just weird for me. I don't know... Um... " Kila was stunned at his frustration with words. She opened her mouth then closed it back up. It took her a while to think of a response. Then she said, "I was sad cause I thought of how crush you would be if you found out. Aren't you crushed?" Kevin was quiet this time. It felt like forever for him to respond. "Yeah... I mean she can't control who she likes. Don't you think?" Kila smiled, "Yeah. Hey I'll talk to you later. It's a bit late for me to be on the phone." Kevin sighed and said, "Alright. Bye!" Click! Kila pressed the "End" button and sighed.


Kila lied in bed staring at the ceiling. She replayed their conversation on the phone over in her head trying to figure out what Kevin meant at the end. Who with, too. Then she she pulled off the blanket, turned on the light, and opened the drawer of her desk. She slammed her diary on the table and unlocked the small silver lock. The diary popped open filled with the letters for Edward.

     She sighed and read them. Then she noticed how stupid in love she is with Edward. She can't help but smile and shake her head as she read each entry. Then she read the last one from Saturday. Her hand covered the entry ashamed of the lack of love she had for him in that entry. Kila still felt no different for Edward since her first letter to him. And Kevin seemed to understand the situation of loving someone and unsure why, or when you started to like them.

     Kila opened to a new page and stared at it. She knew how it was going to start, Dear Belly and just continue from there. But what was she going to write? Then she grabbed a small pencil with no eraser and began to write:

 

Dear Belly,

 

Can you control who you love? That is keeping me up from sleeping. I was thinking about my own words. Can you believe I actually said that? Well I had another thing on my mind. Tweesy said you don't like me. Is that true? I really want to know! Help me out here! I'm falling hard for you and I'm afraid you won't catch me.

 

Sorry but I have nothing else to say,

Stressed over you!

-Kila


Kila closed the diary and sighed. She finally went back to bed and fell asleep.

 



© 2010 Revolved


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Revolved
OK... In need of help. So tell me whats wrong, whats good, and blah blah blah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think its fine..lol..im not an expert though..

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


Don't see anything bad about it, although I can't really see problems with a lot of writing :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Revolved
Revolved

North East Philly!!!, PA



About
If you ever wished u lived another life put a frown of your face. If you ever hated someone say that you're a disgrace. If you ever wanted to die take those words back. If you eve.. more..

Writing
Touched Touched

A Book by Revolved


Shivers Shivers

A Chapter by Revolved


Runaway Runaway

A Chapter by Revolved