Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by saida

Magemore was not that far from Vertmont, the place where Heritage High was situated. It was very big beside the academy there were local markets, many houses and public places. But it took two hour to go to Magemore. In the daytime, Magemore was much crowded than in nightime but Floren somehow got past the crowd and went inside Mivel shop.

"Welcome dear Frank." said Zion, he will never change, but how he always knew who was coming is still a mystery. "Why do you always do that?" said Mivel annoyingly. Zion was in his usual self but when he saw Floren's face he knew things were serious.

"What's the matter, Flo?" Floren could not wait any longer so she asked him directly. "You knew we were from a noble family and that family is also in the council, didn’t you?" At this, Zion just sighed and said, "Yes." "Why didn’t you tell me anything?" "It was something your brother was going to tell you someday, it is not my place to tell."

"So, I would know it when my brother is executed, when he is dead." Floren was really angry, frustrated and scared at the same time and Zion could tell. "Calm down Flo, let's talk while sitting.

Flo, you need to stay positive and I know at the moment that may seem hard, I believe in your ability just the way you believe in mine. So, we will try everything to prevent the execution." "What if we can't, he is going to die." said Floren with a depressed sigh. "Do you believe he is innocent? " asked Zion. Zion looked very serious, he always had a laid back attitude so seeing him like this, it felt different to her.

"Yes, I do." She knew it, that her brother was not a murderer. "Then you don’t need to be worried, and if things go south my back up plan will work." "Which is?" asked Floren. "When the time come, you will see.Now tell me, what else is going on?" He was not going to say and she knew she couldn't make him. She told him about everything in the past week that happened. He was laughing his head off when she told him about the prank.

"I can't believe it, it was so funny." Well somebody found it funny, in the campus she was treated as a legend. Even though nobody knew it was she, who did it. "No doubt all the important stuff was taken, but I believe the things that were not important was also taken, he did it for his amusement. "

"Who?" "Van Grafore, of course. He is the officer who arrested your brother but even before that he was always pill to your brother." "Why is he like that?" Floren didn’t know anyone would hate her brother. He was not without fault, but what did he do to get despise by someone.

"Van Grafore is stupid, the only thing he knows is empty flattery and surprisingly that helped him a lot. I guess the nobles like a stupid like him, they can use him properly but your brother was different he hated it. So their personality crash and Van Grafore always wanted to see Ronald's downfall. Now that I think about it, your brother should have just ignored the officer."

Floren didn’t like the officer but at the moment that officer had the upper hand. She also told him about her new friends, Sky particularly. "You know Flo, i don’t feel happy to know you caught the attention of the prince and I am also not sure whether ignoring is a good or bad choice but I guess at the moment things are going your way. So, I can rest assure."

After talking with Zion, she looked around his shop as she usually did. There were many new things, some of which she saw in her brother's room."Hey Zion, did Ronald take some stuff from here?" "Oh yes, he likes to experiment with the items." One of the items that caught her attention was the green star shape amulet that she saw in her brother's room.

"That one is famous with couples nowadays, do you want one?" He said with a knowing look and Floren knew that look. "No" That should stop him from thinking anything. But sadly it didn’t and he started to drilling her for more info. "Are you telling me there is no one you like, not even one. No tiny crush?" asked Zion with spark in his eyes which only said what kind of mischief is going on his head.Floren didn’t need to guess what will happen if he knew about her crush which was not so tiny. "There is no one." Zion stopped but he was not convined.

******

"First a fairy prince then a would be councilman, are you sure she is safe there? We should be doing this, Ronald would have want the opposite of it."said Mivel. " Ronald shielded her too much which is not good for her at all. She need to see what is going on."

"Do you think she can find the real culprit? " asked Mivel doubtfully. "Stop underestimating her. Don't forget Floren is her daughter." "Ok but the secrets your keeping from might cause problem in your relation with her." At this, Zion was worried. He had reason for not telling everything, all he could hope that she understands it.

******

The journey back to the academy was ordinary. As she entered her she saw Silas in the room reading book which was surprising, on weekends he usually spend it with his family. "You're back earlier than I thought." He said with a smile. His smile always showed his dimples, no wonder girls melt at that smile but Floren was suppose to be a boy here. "You didn’t go to visit your family."

"Well, I have other plan for this weekend." He gave Floren a smile like he was actually happy about something, Floren was curious but she didn’t want to be nosy so she left it like that. Silas was not bossy, in fact he was very friendly to Floren. Always gave Floren advice about her study and different things. But he was careful not to reveal too much about his own kind. He trusts Floren as Frank but not enough to tell about his kind. What will be his reaction if he knew the truth is something Floren didn’t want to think about.

They talked for some time. Then when it was almost evening, Silas's two cousin came into their room, more like they burst into the room."Are you ready to go?" said Levin the less patient one. "It would be good if you knocked." said Silas annoyingly, which just fell into deaf ear. Levin was more excited about something. "Well, you know how Levin feel about the event." said Julian, he was the calm one.

"Oh I see you came early, tonight will be the best." Floren was still confused about the whole thing. Before she could say anything Levin made her get ready for something she has no idea. She got ready hastily and it was very uncomfortable changing clothes in front of them.

On the way, Silas gave her a mask and big hoodie."Where are we going?" Floren asked as she was wearing the hoodie. "You will see." Silas just kept her in suspense. They went out of their dormitory and was walking on a narrow path at the side of the forest.

Floren learnt from Zion that her brother was arrested on the east side of the forest, where the officer found him with his friend's dead body or what was left of it. Her plan was to visit the forest the next night, she just hoped that Silas will go to visit his family tomorrow.

After walking for a while, Floren could heard sound coming from somewhere close and it was not a sound, more like noises. As they got close to the noise she could see a light in the distance it was like a campfire, more like the side of the forest has caught on fire.

When they finally reached the place, she finally understood what Levin meant when he said event. The place was very crowded with people, all of them was wearing mask and hoddie like them. There were many stalls, tents etc every one of them had their unique things to show and sell. The thing that caught her attention most was the otherworldly creatures and this was her first time seeing them.

She was so lost into seeing what was in front of her she didn’t notice Silas telling her something. "What?" she asked finally looking at him. "Surprised, are you?" "Yes." That's all she could say, she never saw anything like this before. At her answer, Silas just laughed. The he said to her, "Welcome to the mask event, Frank."




© 2019 saida


Author's Note

saida
Sorry for my late update. I was busy with my studies.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on October 2, 2019
Last Updated on October 2, 2019
Tags: Mystery


Author

saida
saida

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by saida


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by saida


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by saida