Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Stars and Whales

Chapter 5


“Ok, Hornan…” Gun said, opening the book to the first page. “This is the story of the creation of the three treasures. But to be completely honest, Hornan, I’d say they’re more like the three corruptors.”

Hornan nodded. “Go on.”

“I’m going to read now. Here we go.


In the beginning, there lived the three most powerful sorcerers of all time. One, named Trovemaster, ruled the treasures of the world, and all of the world’s riches were created and owned by him. The second, named Catastropher, ruled the natural disasters of the world, and he could control the way the world spun round, and the worldwide catastrophes were his responsibility and many were created by his rage. The third sorcerer was named Blisskeeper, and he could create as many natural beauties as he desired, could change hemispheres, mold long landscapes into form, and bestow greenery on all the land. Each of these sorcerers were wanted in a different galaxy for their remarkable abilities, but before they left they each bestowed upon the world one gift. This gift was protected to the sorcerer’s liking, and was to be hidden in an unknown place where none would find it until the way was shown to a particular being. The first sorcerer bestowed upon the world a single, gold coin that would bestow upon the finder whatever riches they desire, whether that be family, love, or all the jewels and money in the world. The second sorcerer bestowed upon the world a silver whistle, and this could be used as a war machine to take over the world by creating havoc and generating deadly natural disasters. The third sorcerer bestowed upon the world a small mirror, and whatever this mirror reflected would instantly be turned to its purest form, and it would turn even the ugliest of creatures beautiful. The sorcerers left the world with these gifts, and were thus never seen again. To this day these treasures are yet to be found, but the destined One will know the path, within his own mind. He will know the path...to complete world power.”


“What! Hold on! I can’t be the One, or whatever! I’m nobody special!”

“Keep telling yourself that, cause you’ve got the map right there. You can see clearly...the paths are leading to a coin, a whistle, and a mirror. And that’s just yer mark. It’s useless. Obviously it ain’t a real map; it’s only on yer forehead. But the way you go about it is, well...it’s all in yer head Hornan. Ya see, you know the way, you just gotta search yer brain fer it. Whatever it is yer looking for, Hornan, you’ll know. Trust me, you’ll know. So we’re going to go track these items down, Hornan. I was going to wait till you were older but...well, Faramond duplicated yer knowledge about the three treasures into his brain, and now he’s out there looking for them. And it shouldn’t be hard fer him too, yer the Chosen one, and the path should be very clear.”

“He wouldn’t do that!” Hornan screamed.

“Well, he did, see, and we have to beat him to it. Do you understand what those treasures could mean? Everything you could want in the world. But you gotta learn to control your desires, Hornan. That’s all I ask.So, let’s go on an adventure, shall we?”



© 2015 Stars and Whales


Author's Note

Stars and Whales
Where should I go with the plot from here?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The characters say it themselves. They should go find the treasures, it would be great if you made them try to find a way to outsmart Faramond. I don't really know why you don't know how to continue. You have the main character who has a past that makes the reader feel empathy, he has someone who will help him, you have two adversaries and a prophecy. You have a great story here, when I read it I feel like I'm reading one of my favorite fairytales. Good luck!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

It's not that I don't know how to continue...I have continued. I just want some tips and to see if r.. read more
Tomoe Tellez

8 Years Ago

But the story is yours, make it like you want it to be.



Reviews

The characters say it themselves. They should go find the treasures, it would be great if you made them try to find a way to outsmart Faramond. I don't really know why you don't know how to continue. You have the main character who has a past that makes the reader feel empathy, he has someone who will help him, you have two adversaries and a prophecy. You have a great story here, when I read it I feel like I'm reading one of my favorite fairytales. Good luck!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stars and Whales

8 Years Ago

It's not that I don't know how to continue...I have continued. I just want some tips and to see if r.. read more
Tomoe Tellez

8 Years Ago

But the story is yours, make it like you want it to be.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015


Author

Stars and Whales
Stars and Whales

Middle Earth, The Shire



About
"Even Darkness Must Pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer." -Samwise Gamgee I love to write, and I hope to become a published writer some day. I ho.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Stars and Whales