Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Vanessa Marie

 

 

          It was dark, unbelievably dark. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Then out of nowhere, it was light. The light was blinding. As my eyes adjusted, I looked around and saw that I was in a breathtaking meadow. There were gorgeous roses, beautiful white daisies, and amazing cherry trees with little pink blossoms that had just bloomed. The grass was the greenest I have ever seen. In the distance, I could hear a little stream trickling over the rocks. As I observed all this, I decided to go explore this amazing place. Then I heard his voice.

         

           "It took you long enough to get here Vanessa." I turned around so fast I nearly fell on my a*s. There I saw the most beautiful guy I had ever seen. He had pale blue eyes, black, curly hair, and he was just tan enough that he didn't look pale. Then I realized that he had no shirt on. He had the best sculpted six pack I had ever seen, and muscular arms that were sculpted perfectly.

 

          It took me all of five seconds to realize this. But then all I could think to say was, "How do you know my name? I've never seen you before in my life."

 

          He chuckled and said, "Vanessa, Vanessa, Vanessa. I know more about you than you think, you just wait and see."

 

          Then all I heard was, "BEEP BEEP BEEP!"

 

          As I continued to hear the annoying beep, he said, "Bye Vanessa. I'll see you soon." That's when I woke up and looked at my clock. "Why does 5:00pm have to come so early?"

 

         I forgot to mention I'm a 16 year old vampire fledgling at the Chicago House of Night. I'm a third former (freshman), and my best friend and I rule the school. Anyways, I got up, put on a sweat suit and sneakers, and brushed my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail. Then I headed out for my morning, well... Evening run. I rounded the corner and went to the stable to see my horse. Well, she's my horse for as long as I live at the Chicago House of Night. Her name is Marshmallow, because she looked like a toasted marshmallow. Since my first day here four months ago, we have connected. Nix, our Goddess, has blessed me as a skilled equestrian. I can ride faster, longer, and through more obstacles than anyone else. Bascally, I kick a*s in the saddle.

 

          Anyway, I entered the stable and took Marshmallow out for her morning trot. As always, we ran through our routine flawlessly. Then as I came in, who did I see leaning on Marshmallow's stall door? I saw 'him', the guy from my dreams. All he said was, "See Vanessa, I told you I'd see you soon." That's when the shock wore off.

 

          "WHO ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU HERE? HOW DO YOU KNOW ME? WHY WERE YOU IN MY DREAMS?!?"

 

          He chuckled, the same cute chuckled he had in my dreams. "I'm a new student here exploring the school, and your riding skills have made you known world wide. My gift includes being able to enter people's minds when they're most relaxed. You just happen to be most relaxed when you're sleeping."

 

          "Fine. Let me be more specific. What's your name, grade, and schedule?"

 

          He chuckled at my frazzled state. "My name is Brad Marvin. I'm a fifth former, and I don't know my schedule yet."

 

          "Alright, now we're getting somewhere. Why do you feel the need to scare the crap out of me, and how did you know where I'd be?"

 

          "I'm sorry; I'm not trying to scare you. I just wanted to meet you that's all. And as to knowing where you'd be... Lucky guess."

 

          "I'm not sure if I believe that. But I don't rally have time to talk, so I'll see you around." Then I groomed and put Marshmallow away and went to pick out my outfit for the day. I was thinking my little black skirt, lacy black tanktop, and my fitted school jacket with my favorite black wedges. My hair and makeup were still undecided.

 

          Once I got into the girls room, I was attacked by my best friend Jane Darwin. As always she was ironing out the details about something. This time it was the martial arts district competition. Our school was heading to the Tulsa House of Night this year. Jane is the leader of the Dark Daughters, and is training to be a high priestess. She was blessed with the ability to read and control minds, and she was also a skilled fighter. She was kick a*s in any kind of combat. She grabbed me right away and started talking.

 

          "Hey Vanessa, I'm glad I got you. I really need your help. Can you pack for me later? I have about forty things to do before we leave for the competition, and the only thing I've done is pull out my suitcase."

 

          "No problem Jane, I'll pack for you after I finish lunch."

 

          "Thanks so much Vanessa. You really are my best friend and my life saver! I left you a detailed list of things to discuss at the Dark Daughters meeting. It's in your cubby in homeroom. By the way, I won't be at lunch today because I have to go to the fourth former's meeting (Yes, Jane is a seventeen year old fourth former)."

 

          "Thanks Jane, give me ten minutes to go get dressed. Then we can finish this talk over breakfast." And without another word I put the weirdness of the Brad thing out of my head and went to go get ready for another day of school.

 

        

 

 



© 2009 Vanessa Marie


Author's Note

Vanessa Marie
Rate and Reivew Please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on May 24, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

Vanessa Marie
Vanessa Marie

Coon Rapids, MN



About
I'm fifteen, a Floridian, and not much of a writer. Dory (one of bf's) is typing out the stories I write. Send me love and constructive criticism! ^_^ more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Vanessa Marie