Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Vanessa Marie
"

This chapter was fun to write it involes messing with Sheaksphere. I hope that you enjoy it.

"

       

          I ran to Lit class after Vamp Soc. I got in the door just as the bell rang. No sooner had I sat down when Professor Goodman came into the classroom and announced the new book we would be reading.

          "As you all know last class you took your test on Hamlet, so today we are starting our next Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet."

          There was a groan that rang throughout the class. I for one couldn't wait to get started this was my favorite play next to Othello. But just my luck Goodman had to ruin my good mood with one little sentence.

          "Today I have a fifth former visiting our class. I hope that his performance with one of our students will change your mind about Romeo and Juliet. Come on in Brad." At that moment Brad Marvin walked into the classroom. When he walked in all the girls gasped and I swear I saw some of them start to drool. It was really sad. 

          "Now Brad is wonderful with Shakespeare, and he has agreed to perform a scene for us. So Brad will be playing the part of Romeo and Vanessa will play Juliet. They will be performing the balcony scene for us."

          "WAIT WHAT?!? Professor I don't remember agreeing to this!"

          "Ok well I'm asking you now. Vanessa will you be Juliet for us? You are the only girl who can do the part. I mean you do have it memorized." 

          "Alright I'll do it." What was I going to say no? She did have a point I had the whole play memorized. I knew the scene inside and out. 

          So we preformed the scene perfectly. Then it came time for Romeo to kiss Juliet. I got nervous but I didn't show it. I half hoped that he would fake the kiss. But he didn't. He kissed me and not a peck on the lips stage kiss, an all out real kiss. I felt like fireworks were going off. My whole body started to tingle. It was utterly amazing. That's when I realized that I really did like Brad. We really were a lot alike. That gave me an idea so I winked at him and started to improvise. I wanted to see how far I could push it. So as he started to walk of stage to end the scene I started.

           "Romeo, where art thou headed in such great haste?"

          "I must return to my father's house my dear Juliet."

          "You don't have to go yet. Would you really leave me so unsatisfied?" By this point he had caught on and was grinning from ear to ear. He knew where I was going with this and was playing right along with it.

          "My dear Juliet what do you mean?"

          "I mean what I said my lord."

          "Well then I will not leave you my lady. Please accept my apologies, dear Juliet."

          "I will only accept your apologies if you prove to me you will not leave me unsatisfied again."

          "Of course my lady." That's when he kissed me again. He kissed me with more passion then I knew was possible to add to a kiss. That was the breaking point.

          "Juliet...JULIET come to bed my lady!"

          "I'm coming good nurse. I will be there in a moment! Good night my lord. I leave thee till morrow."

          "Good night my dear Juliet. I will see thee when the lark sings and the nightingale is in a restful slumber. Fare well my Juliet." That's when I walked off stage to end the scene. The class went crazy with applause. Professor Goodman thanked us, and then explained to the class that we had started to improve the scene. Then the bell rang and we headed to equestrian together.

          On the way to the stables neither one of us said anything. It was a comfortable silence. Once we get there I put on overalls and mucking boots. I helped him find some for himself and went off to see Marshmallow.

         I started mucking Marshmallow’s stall and the whole time she was nuzzling me and sniffing me. At one point she started to make her displeasure with me known. I was almost done so I turned around in an attempt to get her to forgive me.

         "I'm sorry Marshmallow. I know you have only been out once today. I didn't come and take you out during lunch. I'm sorry. I was doing something for Jane. Who's the prettiest girl in the world? You are, yes you are the prettiest girl in the world. You are my beautiful girl. You are the most beautiful girl in the world."

        "I don't agree. I have seen a girl and she is much more beautiful then her. No offense Marshmallow." Only he would interrupt my conversation with Marshmallow.

         "Didn't anybody teach you not to interrupt? Don't listen to him Marshmallow. You are the most beautiful girl in the world." With that she nuzzled my face and I knew I had been forgiven.

         "That's cute, I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you and Marshmallow." Then he used his ability to whisper in my ear "I think that you are much more beautiful then Marshmallow." That's when he left to go back to his horse and I turned my back to him before I could see who he was working with. 

          It didn't take long after that for me to finish cleaning Marshmallow’s stall. So I saddled her up and took her out. Kitty ( she is the equestrian professor and my mentor) came with us. She was going to time us because we wanted to break our record. It took us two tries, but we shaved thirty seconds off our record. That's when the bell rang and everybody cleared out of the stables but Kitty said I could stay as long as I wanted to so I got a brush and started grooming Marshmallow.

        "Do you always stay after or were you hoping that I would leave with out you?"

         "I always stay late Brad. I was hoping that you hadn't forgot about our dinner date. I mean the fact that you are having dinner with Jane, Stark, and myself." *Smooth Vanessa real smooth.*

         "I knew what you meant Vanessa."

        "Oh, ok well I'm about half way done with Marshmallow we can leave after that."

        "I'll wait right here until you're done." With that he sat right down in Marshmallow’s stall and waited for me to finish. We talked the whole time. It was really nice to talk to him.

        By the time I finished we were going to be late for dinner. So I ran and put the brushes away and hurried to change out of my riding clothes so we could go to dinner. When I had just finished changing there was a knock at the door.

        "Are you done in there? Everything is finished all we have to do is leave."

        "I'm dressed you can come in I'm putting on my shoes." I didn't have to say another word. He was in there helping me to my feet faster then I could say "ready to go". "Thank you, but now we have to hurry up or we'll be late for dinner."

        "We won't be late, just trust me and we will be there in no time." With that he picked me up like he had earlier that day. We were off like a light. We got to dinner right on time.

 

 



© 2009 Vanessa Marie


Author's Note

Vanessa Marie
Please give me feed back on this chapter. It is one of my favorites I wrote so I would like to see what other people think of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

Vanessa Marie
Vanessa Marie

Coon Rapids, MN



About
I'm fifteen, a Floridian, and not much of a writer. Dory (one of bf's) is typing out the stories I write. Send me love and constructive criticism! ^_^ more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Vanessa Marie