Chapter Six: Sticks And Stones

Chapter Six: Sticks And Stones

A Chapter by ShaneBerry
"

it is the rough draft k???!!!

"

 CHAPTER SIX

STICKS AND STONES  
 
 
(Summer turned into fall, and fall into winter… the riot stopped one month after it began…thirteen neo-sapiens died, no humans died. there was mass confusion in the city, was this a setup?peaple thought that this was a gimmick, a sick game, I soon found out that the HAA was only in this city, what we thought was a worldwide organization, was actually a large cult in Washington D.C,. ,this is where I live, where the Whitehouse is and the leader of our country…and it is filled with HAA members. I found out on Christmas Eve, when Nieta and I where in the park one night…)
It was cold, and there was a little snow in the air.Nieta’s feet, hands, and tips of her ears where now white. (They are normally black, but not her tail.)I was very happy to be with her alone, but I thought it was a little stange, going out to a park, in winter, at night. I was very cautious; every one out was a potential HAA member. Nieta thought I was being too safe. I probrebly was to. Suddenly with the rumbling of a moped the night was ruined. “Wow, you work fast, already taking winter walks in a park. Nice job” I spun around and pushed Nieta behind me. The man was standing beside the moped parking it. “You’re a real idiot, what do you want?” I asked. “So you haven’t tolled her yet, well it’s to be expected from a confused kid. The perimeter has been breached?!Where?!”He then started talking to himself frantically, like he was worried. I then noticed a very small earphone. “Alright, well I have the kids bring them? Alright be there soon.” then he looked at us. “Get on the bike we’ve got a problem.” he said, (I guess he expected us to listen.) “Screw you, NIETA RUN!!”I shouted, and then she ran off. before I could the man said. “I am going to get in so much trouble for this, but s got to do It.” then he hit me over the head, I blacked out…
I woke up in a room that looked like an interrogation room from a police movie, I wasn’t tied-up nor was I even locked in; I walked down the hallway in this seemingly endless building for about a minute, until I got the nerve to shout “what the hell is going on?!” then the man was behind me, “now see, my boss said it wouldn’t work, he thought you’d see me before getting into the hallway,but,guss he was wrong.” he said lighting up a cigarette. “You son of a b***h! You kidnapped me! Now everyone will know about the neo relations program.” I shouted walking toward him. “Why didn’t you tell her?” he asked me. I stepped back. “You’re really freaky. Why are you so interested in Nieta’s and my relationship?” I asked backing up even more.  “You know the reason I wanted the two of you to get on the bike was to get you to safety. Witch is here. Right now there is a major seen in you’re town. What was contained is now free. The HAA as you know it are not international, there only contained in Washington dc no one is supposed to breathe the word. Ever. That’s why we where watching Nieta’s family over the summer, by the way the names Bengamin, friends call me Ben. Want some tea?” he asked the last question I guess to calm me down, and then he said. “It took me a while to track you’re girl down, she was followed by a few, um lets say unwanted guests. But don’t worrie, shes here if you want to talk to her, she’s got a few cuts and bruises, but that’s it…”I interrupted. “What do you mean who hurt her? And why?”As I finished he raised his hand as if to say “pause” and I sunk down into my chair. “I said don’t worrie, she’s been treated with the finest doctor in the states, and vet, that’s not a racial slur, we use vets because that’s what the boss said to use.” once again I interrupted. “That’s who I need to speak to, where is he, you’re boss” he put his hand up again. “You’re pretty confused I bet how about we go see Nieta.”He said getting up from his chair. We walked for a while until we got to another room like the one I was in. Nieta was on a bed in the back of the room unconscious, I ran over to her. Ben looked over at a chart while I looked at her motionless body I was very scared. “Well she’ll be alright, so don’t worry, after a few hours of sleep she should be feeling better. She was very strong, she knocked out there of them in one hit, well really two she used her feet ya, know kicking, whowa!!!”He was kicking his feet in the air, I guess trying to mimic her, he made all sorts of noise, but none of it made her budge. “So she’ll be alright right?” I asked him trying not to cry. “Ya, why are you so sad all the time kid, when I was you’re age I was almost always trying to be the life of the party. But that was before I learned about this mess; I still try to seek out the good in every situation.” He then looked at me and said “you feel like it’s you’re own fault, you were just trying to protect her. She made it very clear.” Then I looked at him confused. “You mean you didn’t knock her out?” I asked. “no, I would never hit a girl, it’s one of my rules to a simple life in the government, but, she was knocked out by one of the men, he thought a large stone would crack this chicks hard head, it bounced off and she fell to the ground, while I was getting her on the bike she said that she missed you, I thought she had died then. But the medical team here took very good care of her. Can you believe it’s already been a day?”  “A day!” I shouted, “Don’t worry you’re parents have been tolled a bootleg story.” said Ben as he passed backinforward, he looked worried. “though, I don’t know if they will fall for it, we left a letter on the fridge of the two houses, it said you two left for school already, I’m hoping it’ll be over soon.” He said signaling for us to leave the room with his hands. I looked at Nieta then followed him out into the hallway. “there are many things we do to keep the HAA and the HEPcreate,we monitor people leaving the city, and the people entering, have you noticed that there are less and less people in D.C. every day? It’s called capture and release. It’s basically we capture people who find out about the HAA or the HEP, and then convince them it was nothing more than a weak gang that was passing through the town. If they don’t comply we well sortof.brainwash them, it’s not new technology, and it’s only used in dire situations, like when the president found out…”that set me off. “You mean the president doesn’t know what’s going on in his own country?! How could you brainwash him everyone in D.C. knows about the HAA, and the HEP.” I shouted angrily. “Well the president rarely knows what’s going on in the country, everyone in his staff; the government basically, is part of Neo human relations. Well, ecept his family of course.” He said that as if it would calm me down, “there are two times more neo-sapiens, today than humans, if they knew there was an organization against there own existence, it would cause a mass outbreak of confusion, that’s why you and Nieta are hear, you both are in the cross fire of this mini inner city war, have you notice Nieta’s family are the only ones with children in you’re area of the city?” he was right, there where no other neo-sapiens at my school, or the elementary.  He then said “Nieta,and  her family are a project, to see if the world is ready for neo- sapiens to live in the same environment as humans, and there children. It’s an even slate so far. But…we can’t have a child death, then the operation would probrebly be shut down, so, we might have to relocate her…”
“What no! You can’t, you can not just relocate somebody. If you do I’ll bleed the words.” I said trying to make him stop talking about it. “Threats, well.in that case we’ll just use the memory machine, is that what you want? To loose her or all of the memories of her and her? Its do or die time in are organization, we cannot risk It.” as he finished I shouted. “F**k you, we’re out of here.” then I bolted into the room and grabbed up Nieta and bolted out the door, I was never strong enough to pick any one up, but the adrenaline was rushing through my body as the exit came in sight, be for I could get out, I heard Ben say. “It’s foolish kid. You can’t be safe from any organization now. “But he just stood there not moving an inch. When we got out we where surrounded by what looked like a fully armed swat team. “Get on the ground David. And put Nieta up against the building.” shouted Ben from behind a red car. “Wait, how did you get out here?” I asked as I sat Nieta down. Suddenly I heard a gun shot, it pierced my left shoulder. I looked and saw a red feather attached to a metal tube. I then fell to the floor.
        I had blacked out for hours until finally waking up in a jolt of energy. “NIETA!!”I shouted frantically searching the area around me, trying to find out where I was. It seemed like a hospital. I was in a gown like a hospital would normally have, but I was not tied down with a large machine over me like I had though, (I though I’d wake up with my memory gone) “yes,” said Nieta rounding the corner of the hospital room door, followed by Don and Kari. I was very confused. Then Ben walked in. “you! What do you want!?” I shouted moving frantically in the bed, it was hard to move for me. He then put his pointer finger to his lips and whispered to my ear. “We’ve decided to let the relocating slide for now. But you’ve got to keep an eye on her, got t? She cannot remember any thing from last week.” He said leaving the room. “WEEK! How long have I been hear?” I shouted. “Well after the wreck you got pretty banged up, but the doctors here were very good they took care of every wound, so much for a merry Christmas.” said Nieta sarcastically. (Nieta had no memory of the event, but she did have a scar on her right writs from the attack, that scar was what made me start really protecting her... “I will tell you, Nieta, I love you…”that’s what I would say... Until I can. I will protect you…)


© 2009 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
ok ok i know it is hard to ead cuz of the grammar...and punctuation... but what do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
Added on August 4, 2009


Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry