Chapter Four: Finding the Time Keeper

Chapter Four: Finding the Time Keeper

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

When I arrived at Jackson, Florida this guy around my age found me before I even set foot in the city almost.  The guy's name was Eric, and I have to admit he was really cute. I'm not sure if I'm saying that because I was just in the middle of a break up or if I generally did think that.

 

Eric seemed really nice.  At first I thought he would end up being a typical popular, selfish, jerk, but I was wrong.  He actually had the impression of caring and sweet, rather than what I expected.

 

"You look tired." Eric said brushing a stroke of my black hair hair out of my blue-gray eyes.  He gave me one of the most charming smiles I've ever seen, and with those brown eyes I almost felt my heart melt.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Elizabeth and Dawson sitting on a brick wall.  Dawson looked as if he were about to go insane, and Elizabeth just kept talking as if she didn't even notice. 

 

The first thing I learned when I was introduced to the two of them was that Elizabeth was a chatter box.  If the Time Keeper were here I think she could have talked him into unfreezing the world.

 

"That's because I am tired."  I answered yawning a little.  I didn't know if I should drive to Jackson or just walk so I decided to take the family four-wheeler until it ran out of gas.  Then I ended up walking until I showed up here.  My feet definetly did hurt though. 

 

"Then go to sleep."  Eric told me in a very teasing voice.  I looked up at the sky and knew that I wouldn't be able to.  For me, it was way to bright to be able to sleep.

 

"Um, I can't."  I answered laughing a little.  Part of me felt like I was a bad person for moving on so quickly from Alex, but I kept trying to ignore that.  "It's still day time."

 

"Well I wouldn't expect it to suddenly be night."  Elizabeth said a bit loudly butting her way into our conversation.  "I mean time is frozen!"

 

Dawson shook his head and reached down to tie a pair of his black vans.  Eric looked at her with a weird look then started chuckling.  I just continued laughing a little.

 

"Well looks like we found the party."  A deep voice said from behind us all.  I whipped my head towards the voice and saw a tall towering guy with a small little girl off to his side.

 

The guy looked to be over 6 feet tall.  His floppy brown hair covered chocolate-brown eyes.  He looked as if he was very strong because I could see his muscles from a tight black t-shirt.  He also looked as if he were a total bad boy. It kind of confused me to why he had a little girl as his travel companion.  Although, he may not have had a choice.

 

My eyes landed on the little girl.  She wasn't related to him unless she was adopted into his family or if he was adopted into hers.  The girl was stick thin and asian with beautiful almond-shaped brown eyes.  She looked frightened to be here with us, or maybe it was with him.

 

I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about the girl being with this guy.  I know you aren't suppose to judge a book by its cover, but I had a bad feeling about this book.

 

"What's your name, Sweetie?"  I asked looking at her carefully.  She seemed like a perfectly healthy kid besides being so thin.  "And how old are you?"  If I had to guess I would say that she was 10.

 

"I'm Mikayla, and I just turned 13 today."  She answered in a voice that was almost a whisper.  Luckilly it was really quiet and we could hear anything that was in a twenty-mile distance.

 

Wow, she was 13!  I couldn't believe that at all.  She looked so young for her age.  If I hadn't heard the words come from her mouth I would have never believed her.

 

"And you are?"  Eric asked looking at the other person who suddenly showed up.  His voice went from laughing to serious. 

 

"Kaysen."  The guy, I mean, Kaysen answered in response in a gruff voice.  "17.  I'm from up in Alabama.  And y'all are?"

 

"Sierra Sparks."  I answered putting my hand out and smiling.  Might as well try being nice to him, even though I had a bad feeling about him.  "I'm 16 and from a small town called Lincoln a couple of hours from here."

 

"Elizabeth Black."  Elizabeth said flipping her blond curls. This had been the shortest sentence she said since I've met her.  "I'm 17 and from Atlanta, Georgia."

 

"Dawson McCormick, I'm 16, and I'm from Little Rock, Arizona, but was visiting family up here." Dawson said casting his eyes down to the ground. 

 

"Eric Knightley, 18, and my family lives in Michigan, but I'm attending boarding school here."  Eric answered in a very smooth honey voice, as if he had rehearsed this.  Of course, he may have said this to Dawson and Hannah when he arrived already.

 

"Well now that we're all acquainted let's get to the bottom of things."  Kaysen said rolling his eyes like the thought of us all getting to know one another was a waste of time.  "What the hell is going on?"

 

Suddenly six phones started ringing.  One had the song "Party Like A Rock Star" as a ringtone, while another had birds chirping.  There were a couple of the classic beeping sounds too.

 

Dear Teens,

It's about time that you've all met each other.  Now you are all probably wondering why you are the chosen ones.  Well to be honest I have no clue either, but I think this should be a fun little game! Don't you?  Here's what you have to do.  Find out who I am.  Now don't worry, I'll give you all some clues, although they probably won't be that helpful.  Anyways, here's the first clue: There are 3 distinctive things different about me from the rest of you.  Good luck!

-Time Keeper

 

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

one question, who's Hannah? other than that i think you did a good job :) I think it's the little asian girl... i origonally thought that it was Eric, but I changed my mind.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely done! I have no idea and I'm reserving judgement for now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with daydreamer, I think it's the little girl too. :) LOL! Great chapter and cliffhanger.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i say it's the little girl. She's asian,younger than they are and she probably wasn't brn in america. *shrugs* yea i had my suspiscions that it was the chatter box as well,but then i changed my mind. i guess time will tell, who it is. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cliffhanger!! T^T love what you have so far :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh, so the Time Keeper is one of them? I'm guessing from personal experince that the time keeper is Seira. But this is epic! I can't wait until the next chapter comes out!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i wanna know who the time keeper issss :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oohhh... Will they find the Keeper already? Write more!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My guess is that the time keeper is either Kaysen, Eric or Elizabeth...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

428 Views
9 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing