Chapter Eight: Finding The Time Keeper

Chapter Eight: Finding The Time Keeper

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"Is this some kind of joke?"  Eric screamed at Dawson and Kaysen holding his envelope.  Kaysen looked up and glared at Eric.  Didn't the a*****e see that he was asleep still? 

 

"No."  Kaysen mummbled as he laid his head down on the floor.  Somehow through the night he had managed to find his way to the uncomfortable floor rather than staying on the semi-comfortable bed.

 

Eric threw an envelope at Kaysen and then one at Dawson.  Kaysen grummbled about Eric being a Drama King rather than checking his envelope at the moment.  He thought it wasn't a big deal and that was sleep was more important.

 

"Chill dude."  Dawson said into the pillow making it where both Eric and Kaysen had to strain to understand him.  Kaysen could see out of the corner of his eye that he had a bad case of bedhead.  "Stop overreacting."

 

Eric glared over at Dawson.  Kaysen thought if looks could kill that Dawson would be dead by now.  Eric was certainly worked up about something.  It was starting to get him curious now.

 

"Overreacting?  You haven't even read your own letter!"  Eric yelled as he started to storm out of the room.  Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed apparently.  Kaysen couldn't help but think that at least he had woken up on a bed.

 

When Eric was gone Dawson went back to sleep.  He figured that this letter was some sort of joke.  Plus he was still sleepy to actually care what Eric was saying.  It took him at least one hot shower before he was fully awake.

 

Kaysen's curiousity got the best of him rather than him wanting more sleep.  He carefully tore open the envelope that had his name scrawled on it, and reached for the letter.  His chocolate brown eyes scanned over it and turned wide.  His mouth was slightly ajar, and he was as still as a statue.

 

Dear Kaysen,

I know you don't like a bunch of bull s**t so I'll get to the point.  I know what really happened to your sister, and I know that you and your poor mother don't want the truth getting out.  If you wanna keep it a secret do as I say.

-Time Keeper

 

***

 

I woke up to Mikayla shaking me awake.  I looked at her feeling slightly groggy and yawned.  It took me a minute to realize that something was wrong.  Her eyes were filled with tears and in her hand was two envelopes.  One was open while another wasn't.

 

"What's wrong?"  I asked rubbing my eyes and looking into her almond shaped ones.  Her hand trembled and handed me the envelope that was opened.  I saw that it said Mikayla on it.

 

"Read it."  She whispered to me.  I nodded my head and glanced at Elizabeth for a second.  She was sleeping undisturbed and snoring slightly.  I knew the girl couldn't stay quiet in her sleep.

 

My eyes grazed over her letter and my heart welled up.  The poor girl was barely 13 and she had been through so much.  And now she was being threatened by Time Keeper.  I wrapped Mikayla into a hug and stroked her black hair trying to calm her down.  Her tears escaped and she started crying into my shoulders.

 

"It'll be okay, Mikayla."  I told her as she stopped crying and was only sniffling slightly.  "I promise."  I had no clue how I was going to keep that promise, but I knew if I made it I could always try keeping it.

 

"You should look at your letter."  Mikayla told me in a soft voice crawling away.  I handed her letter and she gripped it tightly moving towards the window in our room.  She gazed out it and I knew that nothing changed.  The world was still frozen.

 

I took her advice and tore open my own envelope.  I sucked in a breath and held back a gasp.  My letter knew so much about me.  Most of this stuff I made sure no one would ever find out.  How did Time Keeper know?

 

Dear Sierra,

I know perfectly well exactly what your parents think of you.  You're their little angel sent from above.  To them you're perfect in every way and would never do anything wrong.  They set you up with a nice boy, have you planned to go to a nice school of your choosing, and probably even have a nice house planned for you too.  You don't like that though and I know it.  You don't like that nice boy, you don't even know if you want to go to college, and you'd be fine staying in a small apartment.  You love your parents so instead of hurting them, you decided to hurt Alex instead.  And I know all about how you decided to hurt him.  I know all about the results of that too.  How do you think Mommy and Daddy would feel about that?  Do as I say and this will stay our little secret.

-Time Keeper

 

"Who the hell are you?"  I whispered low enough so it wouldn't wake up Elizabeth nor make Mikayla notice.  "And why are you doing this?"  There were so many questions, but so little answers.



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this was great. i had a suspicion that it might have been kaysen since he had no idea how he got on the floor. maybe the time keeper possesd him and used him to send the notes. just a thought...
I think sierra's secret is that she cheated on her ex boyfriend with a bad boy, slept with him and her boyfriend found out, oir something like that. i guess i'll have to wait and find out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this was great. i had a suspicion that it might have been kaysen since he had no idea how he got on the floor. maybe the time keeper possesd him and used him to send the notes. just a thought...
I think sierra's secret is that she cheated on her ex boyfriend with a bad boy, slept with him and her boyfriend found out, oir something like that. i guess i'll have to wait and find out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a piercing indigent flow of twisted truth and plot, secretive and valued, well done, great read, magically written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, how does he know this? Ooh, interested.
MORE
NOW.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wanna know what Mikayla's note said and i want to know who the time keeper is and what happened to Kaysen's sister write more :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Okay, now I don't even know if the little 13 year old girl is the Time Keeper now. :/ well, i gotta find out who it is so please write more! :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


hmmm.....I think I know who the Time Keeper is, but I bet it wont even be close to the person I think it is... Great chapter!!!! I can't wait for the next one!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The big question is WHO IS THE TIME KEEPER?! You are very good at building the suspense up and the throwing a curve ball. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OOOOOHHHHHH!!!! Write more! I think that maybe Kaysen is the Time Keeper because he was on the floor and didn't know it. Just thinking...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
8 Reviews
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing