Chapter Six: Finding the Time Keeper

Chapter Six: Finding the Time Keeper

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"What do you want?"  I asked looking at Kaysen backing up against the snack machine.  My hand squeezed the pack of peanut butter crackers and a bag of Doritos. 

 

Kaysen smiled a sheepish smile like I had caught him in the middle of something.  When I first heard  footsteps coming towards me I thought it would be anyone, but him.

 

"Just getting some food."  Kaysen replied leaning against the wall of the hallway.  The paleness of the walls made his dark chocolate-brown eyes pop even more than usual.  "Is that a problem?"


I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him my best glare.  I had only known Kaysen for a short time, but to me it seemed as if I knew exactly what to expect.  Smart-a*s responses with a little bit of rebellion.  His look gave everyone that piece of information, then when he spoke there was always a bit of I don't give a damn what you think in his tone.

 

"Maybe."  I answered looking him up and down.  He looked slightly different in a gray tank-top and a pair of black gym shorts.  I was right about him being strong.  His arms were at least three times bigger than mine.

 

"Well sorry Princess, but I'm starving."  Kaysen said moving to my left and walking by me.  His eyes looked over the options of the snack machine.  I stared at him unsure how I should respond.  No one had ever called me a princess because I was far from it.  At least, I thought I was.

 

Now, I'm not saying I'm like Cinderella without the happily ever after and Prince Charming.  I have two wonderful parents who love me, and a big brother who would kill anyone who laid a finger on me.  We live in a nice house, that was in a nice neighborhood.  When I graduated from high school my parents would pay to send me to any college I wanted.  Was I a spoiled brat? No.  Was I lucky?  Hell yeah I was!

 

When I didn't respond, Kaysen decided to start talking about something else.  Which was a good thing because I was considering just going ahead and walking off.

 

"So, I must know how old are you really?"  Kaysen asked as he tried smoothing out one of his crumbled bills.  "You cannot be 16 with those freckles."

 

I felt my cheeks turn red as he pointed this out.  I hated when people would take one look at my freckles and would assume that I was much younger than what I really said to be.  It wasn't my fault that they were there. 

 

"Oh so I'm a lying princess now?"  I said wondering why I was still there.  If I were home I wouldn't even think twice about talking to someone like Kaysen.  I don't mean to sound like I'm a snob, but deep down we all have people we would never hang out with.  With me it just happens to be bad boys like Kaysen, at least I think it is.   Am I boring stick in the mud? Hell no!  I just don't want to get into the peer pressure of doing horrible things.

 

"Your words not mine."  Kaysen answered and I could see a smirk growing on his face.  Damn, I had something that could have a smart a*s reply.  Maybe I would actually have to think more before I spoke.  Although, it seems that would be something more of what Elizabeth should do.

 

Kaysen pressed some buttons and out came a pack of brown sugar pop-tarts.  My nose wrinkled immediately  in disgust.  Who like brown sugar pop-tarts when strawberry were much better?

 

"You got the wrong flavor."  I said before thinking, which was ironic since I was just telling myself to think more before I spoke.  "Strawberry is way better, ya know."

 

Kaysen turned and looked at me like I was insane for suggesting such a thing.  Oh God, I hoped he wasn't one of those people who were absolutely obsessed with the thought that brown sugar was a good flavor.

 

"You know what, Princess?"  Kaysen said as my mouth twitched to a frown.  I hoped this wasn't going to be some sort of nickname.  "You are officially insane."

 

Part of me wanted to smile, while another part of me wanted to frown.  The outcome of this was the right side of my mouth was tilted up and the left side tilted down.  To me that would be more like a neutral look rather than a happy or mad look.

 

"First you're all jibber jabbing with that Eric dude.  Then, you're trying to that  you are 16."  Kaysen said shaking his head as I stared at him bewildered.  "Now you're saying that strawberry is better than brown sugar?  What asylum did you escape from?"

 

"What are you talking about?"  I asked ignoring the remark about the asylum.  It was clearly obvious to me about who the real person who escaped the asylum was.  "What's wrong with Eric?"

 

Eric seemed perfectly fine to me.  He was kind enough to come and find me, and take me to the others when I first arrived.  Would a jerk do that?

 

"Well to start off, he thinks Mikayla is Time Keeper."  Kaysen said looking at me carefully.  It was as if he thought that I might think the same thing.  Which was preposterous.  Mikayla was a little girl.

 

"She's barely a teenager though."  I replied ignoring the growling in my stomach.  Talking to Kaysen was making me feel as if I hadn't eaten for a decade!

 

"I know."  Kaysen answered.  "It's-"

 

Before he could finish saying anything both our phones started to ring.  His ringtone was one of the classic beeping ones, while mine was singing Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars.

 

Dear Kaysen and Sierra,

There isn't any need to discuss who I am.  You'll discover soon enough.  Now get some rest.  You two are both going to need it.  And remember, I'm watching.

- Time Keeper.

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Author's Note

Short.Nerd
So umm... strawberry or brown sugar pop tarts?

@Fafa: HOpe this wasn't too much bonding! xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

EWWWW!! Who eats brown sugar pop tarts??? DIS-gusting LMFAO

Posted 12 Years Ago


STRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWBERRY!! All the way, man!
Another amazing chapter. But how did teh Time Keeper know that Kaysen and Seirra were talking about them? The mystery gets curiouser and curiouser. Maybe it's nt Seirra after all...
Pop-Tarts are epic.
I love this, but when is the action going to start?

Posted 13 Years Ago


RAWR!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP WRITING!!!!!! neither, fudge sunday!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good, KEEP IT GOING!!!!! Uh... Pop tarts?

Posted 13 Years Ago


DUDE. ITS SUNDAE POP TARTS ALL THE WAY.

I really loved it. The Time Keeper is such a creep.

Posted 13 Years Ago


discuss.-disgust.
Um, I guwss both??? idk, i don't eat poptarts. Toaster stroodles!!! :P
There
s a possibility it could be eric...we'll never know until you revea WHO, BU UNTIL THEN, I'LL KEPP GUESSING. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


okay my brother loves brown sugar but really it sucks because its so plain and tasts gross lol i like blueberry poptarts though great chapter by the way cant wait for more :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


@.@ that's some creepy stuff right there.

"And remember, I'm watching."

Excellent way to end the chapter, it gave me the shivers. ;P

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good chapter. I like the way this is going. I don't know who the time keeper is, but it makes for fun reading trying to figure it out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Neither! Cherry poptarts rule!!! :)

Oh, gurl you better put Sierra with someone else besides Eric. I'm the one who owns him! :) LOL! Great chapter.

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

371 Views
10 Reviews
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing