Chapter Five: Finding the Time Keeper

Chapter Five: Finding the Time Keeper

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"I'm telling you, it's that little asian kid!"  Eric said to Kaysen and Dawson as they looked the empty hotel room they decided to crash in for a while.  "I mean it makes perfect sense."

 

Kaysen stared at Eric trying not to blurt out the words idiot.  From what he had seen from Eric he thought he was an idiotic, sweet talking, jock who could get almost anything he wanted or convince others into anything.

 

"You think that Mikayla has something to do with this?"  Kaysen asked staying calm even though he felt angry inside.  How could someone think that Mikayla could do something like this? 

 

Mikayla was a small frail girl who couldn't even harm a fly if she had too.  While she was walking along with Kaysen to Jackson they saw a little yorkie that was about to get hit by a car.  She insisted on moving the poor animal out of harms way and into a safe spot not too far into the trees, but still close to the road where someone could see it.

 

"Yeah I do."  Eric said shrugging as if it were completely obvious to why she would be Time Keeper.  "She's asian,  she's younger than us, and she is the one we wouldn't expect!  It has to be her."

 

Dawson backed away from the two.  He was a man of few words, and usually wouldn't bother to speak to pick a side in a fight.  The two of them would figure out how to solve this on their own eventually.  If not, he was sure one of the girl's would tell them how stupid they were being and resolve it.

 

"She's a kid."  Kaysen yelled feeling his temper rise.  Part of him just wanted to reach out and punch Eric in the face.  He wasn't sure why exactly, but he knew that the two of them wouldn't get along as soon as he saw him talking to that girl Sierra.

 

He had a feeling that Eric would play Sierra like a violin.  He would act all kind, sweet, and caring to her.  Pretending like he loved her, and there was no one else.  Then, once she had completely fell for his act he would go and shatter her heart into a million pieces.  Kaysen had seen that act before.

 

"So what?"  Eric challenged leaning against a queen size bed with a red bed spread on it.  "In this time, kids do a lot of horrible things.  Haven't you heard about some of those stories on the news where a kid killed his Mom because of a toy?"

 

"She's not that type of kid."  Kaysen answered sending Eric the evil eye.  This was one of the most insane arguments he had ever had.  He could see why Eric could assume that Mikayla was Time Keeper, but he could also see why she wasn't.

 

The others hadn't gotten to know Mikayla like Kaysen knew her.  They had only been together for a short time, but Kaysen felt like he needed to protect her.  It was like she was the little sister that he had lost long ago.

 

"She's gentle and timid like a rabbit.  Didn't you hear how quiet she was when Sierra asked her how old she was and what was her name?"  Kaysen told Eric forgetting about Dawson.

 

"Can't we sleep this over like the girls are doing?"  Dawson asked yawning and getting on too the other queen size bed.  "Then see what Elizabeth and Sierra have to say on it?"

 

Kaysen whipped his around to Dawson.  "What do you think?"  He asked liking the idea of asking the others of what they thought.  There was no way that two teenage girls could think that Mikayla was guilty of being Time Keeper.

 

"I think that we shouldn't just go around saying someone is or isn't Time Keeper before we get to know them."  Dawson replied a little sharply.  Why did he have to open his big mouth.  The two of them would have stopped arguing eventually without him butting in.

 

"Forget this."  Kaysen said through gritted teeth.  "I'm gonna go find some food."  He opened the door of their room and slammed it shut.  Arguing with Eric was about as pointless as trying to nail jello to a tree.

 

Kaysen reached into his pocket and grabbed his black wallet.  He figured there was a snack machine around this hotel somewhere.  He opened up the wallet and grabbed two crumpled up dollar bills.

 

He turned a corner and passed by a few rooms, and a door that said stairs.  The carpet of the hallway he was walking down was an ugly shade between a burgundy and brown.  The walls were painted yellow, and were peeling.  No one said this was a 5 star place.

 

Kaysen soon saw a rectangular black box that had SNACKS painted in white letters.  He felt his stomach begin to growl.  How long had it been since he decided to eat?  He would check his watch, but it would be useless.  Time was frozen still.

 

There was someone else by the snack machine though.  He squinted his eyes and tried to tell who it was.  She was wearing navy blue short-shorts and a white tank-top.  She was bending over to get her snacks out of the machine. As Kaysen got closer he saw that it was Sierra. 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Author's Note

Short.Nerd
So watcha think so far?

@Daydreamer: I swear for a moment there from your last review I thought you found your way into my mind.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely done.... *pushes next chapter button*

Posted 13 Years Ago


awww the little asian can b the time keeper shes so cute and stuff lol i loved itcant wait to read more :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Uh-oh. True, Mik-whatever-her-name-was could be the Time Keeper. Love this! Please write more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOl, yea, i'm a mind reader! :p Not really, uit was jhusr obvious but i'm sure there are some things in this book that i wouldn'et expect. Maybe kaysen is gonna warn her about eric? Can't wait to read more! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good question Lizziejaco, how could a little girl stop time? Maybe she's not really a little girl, but an alien who is really 20. That is really out there though. LOL. Good job! Off to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OH wow! I loved this chapter. I really think it's going to be the little girl! :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Maybe, but how would a little girl like Mikayla figure out how to stop time?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Will there be some kind of bonding moment that's insanely cheesy? I hope not. Good chapter by the way. I could see why Mikayla might be the Time Keeper.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
8 Reviews
Added on April 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing