Prologue: In The Devil's Shoes

Prologue: In The Devil's Shoes

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

I watched with wide eyes as he watched the little boy climb up the old oak tree. The little boy's name was Adam Foster.  He had brown hair the was cut very short, and hazel eyes.  He was a puny little thing, but adorable at the same time. He was the classic eight year old boy.  Loved playing in dirt, tormenting girls, and getting into trouble.  The poor kid didn't know that his life was about to change.

 

I watched as Adam crawled across to one of the highest, and oldest branches on the oak tree that barely had any leaves.  The tree's bark was slightly brown with some grey spots on it.  It looked as if this tree were like a human.  It's hair turning grey to give some idea of its age.

 

As Adam got farther along the branch of the tree a cracking sound filled the air.  Iclosed my  sea-green eyes and clenched my hands into fists.  The poor kid was about to become paralyzed.  He would never get to walk again all because of him.  I had to tell him if he climbed up that tree he would get a little brother.  It made me sick to my stomach to know I was responsible for what was about to happen to an innocent child.

 

The branch startled hurtling to the ground and Adam screamed.  His arms started to search for something to grab on to, but there was nothing.  He hit one branch with his arm and then fell to the ground landing on his back.  I picture hearing a SPLAT as I watched Adam fall to the ground.  Then, when gravity had finished its duty he laid there in pain, while I just watched.  I was right about the SPLAT.

 

After a few minutes Adam's mother ran out of a glass door into the backyard where her son had been playing.  She saw the broken branch and her son laying on the ground and screamed a high pitched scream.  She pulled out a cell phone from her khaki pants and called 911.

 

Adam's mom ran over to her son asking if he was alright.  He couldn't answer back because he was in to much pain.  Sirens started to fill the air and I could see the blue and red lights from a distant.

 

Part of me wanted to race over to Adam and his Mom to make sure everything was alright.  I couldn't though.  I was the reason all of this happened, and I couldn't just waltz over there.  I was a Devil.  I was suppose to be evil and not have feelings.  The problem was that I did have feelings.

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Author's Note

Short.Nerd
SO good or bad?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is really good! i love it =) you're very talented.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awww:((((( he is way to nice to be a devil!!!-

Posted 13 Years Ago


Woahhhhh i'm excited to see where this is goingggg!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved it. Poor Adam. That must hurt for boh him and the Devil.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome start! Poor little boy! :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


Keep it going!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is great keep writing this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I this a really good start. You know who it is, if you've read the first book, and if you haven't it makes you want to know what happens next. Even if you know it makes you want to know what happens next. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2011
Last Updated on April 10, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing