Chapter Five: In The Devil's Shoes

Chapter Five: In The Devil's Shoes

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"Hey, Ashtyn."  I said in a smooth voice the next day as she was in the kitchen.  Her sister was upstairs doing homework, and I knew I would have a few minutes with her before Jaci interrupted us.  "So have you thought about what I've said."

 

Ashtyn turned and glared at me.  Her black hair was brushed neatly and was pulled back into a pony tail.  Her green eyes like tired and sad, and her shoulders slumped slightly.  After she got home from school she changed into grey sweatpants and a white American Eagle shirt.

 

"Maybe."  She mumbled as she cut up a tomato into slices.  I think she was making some sort of salad to go with her and Jaci's dinner for tonight.  Their mother had gone to work as usual, so it was just the two of them.

 

I knew that maybe meant yes.  In most cases like this maybe almost always meant yes.   Although there were some rare cases were those maybes meant not in your dreams or even a hell no!  Those maybes were slightly more entertaining.

 

"And have you came up with a decision?"  I asked taking one of the tomato slices and popping it into my mouth.  I could eat tomatoes like they were apples.  When I was a little kid it was one of my favorite snacks.

 

"No."  She answered grabbing a cucumber and moving the tomato slices off to the side.  She began slicing the cucumber without saying another word.  I guess I wasn't good enough for one word answers.

 

"If your Dad was around, you and your Mom may not have had that fight yesterday."  I said trying to sound casual about it.  I always left it to the other person to make a big deal out of something rather than myself.  It was much easier that way.

 

"How the hell do you know about that fight?"  Ashtyn asked turning towards me and pointing the knife at me.  Well that was definitely  unexpected.  I was kind of curious to where this may go now.

 

I smirked at her and popped another tomato in my mouth.  Her eyes were now full of anger instead of sadness.  Glad I could help change her emotions.  She didn't say anything so I figured she wanted me to explain myself.

 

"I'm a Devil."  I answered shrugging as if it weren't that big of a deal.  "I know everything."  That was such a lie.  If I knew everything then I would know how I could get out of being a Devil.

 

"Well get some ear plugs and mind your own business."  Ashtyn snapped turning around back to her vegetables.  Or maybe it was a fruit and vegetable.  I'm still not exactly clear on whether or not tomatoes are fruits or vegetables.

 

"Sorry darlin' but I can't."  I told her hopping on to her counter to sit for a moment.  If I was going to be here for a while I may as well get comfortable.  Isn't there a saying that goes make yourself at home.

 

"Can't or won't?"  She asked gathering the cucumbers and putting them into a huge plastic bowl.  She did the same thing with the tomatoes too, and started to walk to the stainless steel  refrigerator  in the kitchen.  She came back with some lettuce and started to put pieces into the bowl also.

 

"Both."  I answered shaking my head.  I knew the answer really was can't though.  I had too much on the line to leave her alone at the moment.  I felt guilty about it, but I'd have to deal with it.

 

The doorbell and Ashtyn went to answer it.  I waited there and listened carefully to try to see if it were anyone important at the door.  I head Ashtyn gasp as the door opened and I wanted to peak out to see who was there.

 

"What are you doing here?"  She asked sounding a little self conscious. 

"Just coming to visit."  The voice said.  It was a guy's voice and it sounded like he was in his teens at least.  "May I come in?"

 

"Umm.."  She answered and I knew she was wondering if I would still be in her kitchen.  "I don't know Brayden."  I groaned and knew this was Arabelle's doing.  The Cupid didn't play fair at all.

 

"Come on."  He urged and I frowned at that knowing he would convince her.  She would rather talk to him in sweats, than finish our discussion.  I'd have to come back yet again. "Please?"

 

I started to disappear again.  I had no interest in seeing Brayden and Ashtyn talking about whatever.  That was more of Arabelle's department than mine.  So far I think the score was Arabelle-2 and Tad-0.  I needed to catch up.

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more please! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow... That's all I can say. Tad really does need to step his game up...

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha its sad when a devil loses to cupid i love this so far cant wait for more :0

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa, that Cupid is a sneaky. I like her a little bit. She won't make Tad's job any easier, but it works well with this. Good job! Can't wait to see what else happens.

Posted 13 Years Ago


while her lips that were painted a shimmering pink frowned.--While her shimmering pink lips pulled into a frown.

indon't think he'll ever have a chance at getting her to sign the deal as long as cupid's present. she'll just distract Ashtyn by dangling Brayden n front of her. tad needs to have cupid kidnapped! jk, i like cupid!^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing