Chapter Two: In The Devil's Shoes

Chapter Two: In The Devil's Shoes

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"Hello."  I said to Ashtyn as she came into her room after getting her sister Jaci to go to bed.  She froze and I knew exactly how she was feeling.  It was how everybody felt when they met me, or at least, the Devil me.

 

"Who are you?"  She asked looking around her room probably looking for a weapon.  The walls were painted a light yellow and had pictures of floweres that she had taken plasted on them.  Her bed spread was a plain white one.  She had tons of books scattered across the room also.  "And what do you want?"

 

"I'm The Devil, darling."  I said smirking in her direction and sitting on her bed.  Part of me wished that someone would just come and shoot me now.  The other part of me knew that it wouldn't change a thing.  "And I have a deal for you."

 

Ashtyn turned and looked at me and I saw curiousity fill her green eyes.  I smiled trying to pull off being happy or sneaky that I had caughten her, but I wasn't.  I was mad that so many people felt intrigued by a Devil and would make a deal. 

 

"What deal?"  She asked quietly looking back and shutting the door silently.  I'm glad I wasn't some pyscho murderer because she would have gotten herself murdered very easily.

 

"You want your Daddy back just like most little girls do."  I said stretching my arms back knowing what I was going to say word for word.  "You'd do anything to get him back in your life."

 

Ashtyn fell silent and I knew I was right.  Being a Devil meant that I was always right.  Before when I was just Tad I would have loved  always being right and joking around about it. 

 

"You want him back for your little sister Jaci.  You'd do anything for her, and you know she's missing her Daddy more than you."  I said thinking of Carter again.  She always cared so much about her younger siblings. 

 

"If you do as I say your Dad will come back to town for the next eight years for Jaci, but in order to this I need something from you."  I whispered into her ear suddenly appearing behind her.    "Do you think you can do something for me?"

 

She nodded blankly and I felt a pang of guilt shoot through me.  I had to continue out the act though, so I smiled at her and pulled out a contract from thin air along with a feathered pin and a jar of red ink.  Some say it's blood, others say it's just ink, I don't want to find out what it really is.

 

"Sign here."  I said pointing to a dotted line and handing her the pen.  She nodded again and dipped the pen into the jar of ink/blood.  She was about to sign her name when the phone started to ring.

 

"Uhm... I need to think about this."  Ashtyn said running off to answer the phone.  Her black hair bounced against her back as she left the room leaving me alone.  I started to fade away knowing that she would actually think about this. 

 

"You were suppose to stay away from her!"  Arabelle said slapping my head before I faded away completely.  I stopped fading and glared at her.  She was here again?  What the hell?

 

"Sorry, I've never been good at listening.  Even when I wasn't dead."  I replied walking over and collapsing on Ashtyn's bed.  I had a feeling I was going to be here for a while, now I might as well get comfortable.

 

"Oh poor baby complaining about being a Devil."    Arabelle said sounding unsympathetic.  Her red hair looked slightly out of control as she spoke to me.  "It was your choice to become this!"

 

I glared and stuck my tongue out at her.  She didn't know who I was or how I became what I am.  I knew this was my choice, but there was a reason to every choice.  Some reasons were good while others were bad. 

 

"You don't know why I'm a Devil."  I said a little harshly grabbing a yellow pillow and shoving it in my face.  How did she come into my life?  Or maybe it was called afterlife.

 

"Care to enlighten me?"  She said a little too sarcastically.  "Because I'm sure it's such a sad story.  And heartbreaking too!"

 

"Yeah I do."  I replied glaring at her.  I thought Cupids were suppose to be nice, and almost angelic, but Arabelle seemed nothing close to being an angel at all.  "Once upon a time I met my best friend Jayden at baseball camp.  We became penpals after camp ended.  Then when I was 18 he brought his best friend Carter up for a tattoo.  They were heading up to California and so was I, so I tagged along.  Then I found out Jayden and Carter were in love, and helped get them together.  We had to rush Carter home to see the birth of her twin brothers, and while we were at her home I found out she made a deal with The Devil to make sure those two boys, and two of her sisters were born.  Jayden knew and was going to comitt suicide after she died, so I made a deal with The Devil to take his place and give up my life so they could live happily ever after.  The end!"

 

Arabelle looked at me slightly shocked.  Her eyes were more of a light blue now instead of violet.  She was speechless, and I knew that would be her reaction.  Why did I even tell her?  She didn't care.

 

"Devil-"  She began but she stopped as we heard footsteps coming up the stairs.  She quickly disappeared, and I followed.  Neither of us needed to be there.  I didn't know where Arabelle needed to go, but I needed to talk to someone familiar.



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Short.Nerd
Lalala:) Can't wait to write the next chapter tomorrow... :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Arabelle is interesting. I think I like her. i haven't decided yet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good chapter. I bet that Cupid is definitely going to change her attitude and I bet he's going to see Carter and Jayden.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can't wait to see the next chapter either! ^^ ha, i bet cupid's feelings will change about tad now that she knows he played match-maker. :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


Eeekk!!!
Write more. Now.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
4 Reviews
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing