Chapter Four: In The Devil's Shoes

Chapter Four: In The Devil's Shoes

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

I watched as Ashtyn cried her eyes out into her bed.  She had just finished fighting with her mother over what she considered stupid.  Ashtyn had been a measly  15 minutes late because she ended up talking to Brayden.  Her Mom was supposed to be at work, but she wasn't.  When Jaci got home before Ashtyn did, their Mom went crazy on them.  It was strange to actually see her caring about her daughters.

 

"Did you make her cry?"  A very accusing voice said behind me and I jumped.  I'd been sitting on a tree branch watching Ashtyn through her window.  I know that sounds a little stalker-ish, but it's easier than hovering in her room going by my ears for the perfect moment to pop in.

 

I looked over towards Arabelle who had a very irritated expression planted on her face.  Her eyes looked to be a dark mixture between violet and blue, while her shimmering pink lips pulled into a frown.

"How could if every time I get ready to pop in on her you appear?"  I asked biting my lip.  How the hell did she know that I was here?  I hadn't even done anything to make myself known yet. "Did you know I was here or what?

  

Arabelle smirked at me and flipped the dark red hair that looked like it was on fire at the moment.  Her smirk seemed to say something along the lines of I-have-my-ways.  I knew that most likely that was the truth.

 

"Let's go with or what for now."  She replied letting her voice change from accussing me to being a little sneaky and tugging on her orange-red dress that also looked like it was on fire.  To me that seemed like something far from what a Cupid would wear.  "So what are you doing here?"

 

I frowned knowing that we were going to get into one of those pointless arguments that neither of really won.  I'd say I was here for Ashtyn, and she'd say that I needed to leave her alone and blah blah blah.

 

"What do you think I'm doing here?"  I asked sighing with aggravation.  What did it take for a Devil to do his job these days?  "I'm here to do what you're trying to stop me from doing!"

 

Arabelle's carefully painted lips went into a pout.  Her nose scrunched up a little, and she looked as if she was thinking.  I couldn't wait to hear what she had to say this time.

 

"Ya know what, Mr. Whatever-Your-Real-Name-Is."  She said in more of a demand than a question exactly.  "You aren't the only one who has a f****n' job to do!  Ever think of it that way?"

 

I looked at her slightly amused and shocked.  Maybe it was true that red heads had a temper to watch out for.  I would have to make note of that for cases like this in the future.

 

"You just cussed."  I said a bit stupidly.  I would have never thought that I would hear a Cupid cuss.  According to all the other Devil's that I've briefly met at the beginning of my time being a Devil, Cupids and Angels never did anything that was slightly bad.  Which included cussing.

 

"I'm a Cupid, not a Saint."  Arabelle muttered in response glaring at me with her eyes suddenly turning to a pale blue.  That was one thing about her that made me curious.  Her eyes.  To me they always seemed to be going from violet to blue from dark to light.   "I can cuss."

 

"Good to know." I answered smirking myself.  Can you blame me for thinking that was amusing?  "And by the way the name's Tad.  Although, I'm sure you'd prefer the term Devil." 

 

Arabelle sat and stared at me as if she were shocked that I actually had a name.  I think that was something like Carter's reaction when learned that her Devil had a name. To her The Devil was his true name, not Andy, the name he was born with.

 

Since Arabelle wasn't saying anything for once I turned my attention back to Ashtyn.  She had stopped crying and was only sniffling a little. Her gaze turned out towards her window.  If Arabelle and I were normal humans she would have seen us, but since we aren't she didn't see us.  That's one of the perks of being a Devil or Cupid.  You get to choose when you want to be seen.

 

Out the window I saw that Ashtyn's mascara was smeared and running down her face.  Her eyes were slightly red and puffy, but it made her emerald-green eyes pop even more.  Her black hair tumbled out of control down her back and it looked as if there were a few tangles in it.

 

"Since I clearly can't get you to back off,"  Arabelle began and part of me wanted to hear that she was just going to find someone else to make fall in love.  Although that was a wild shot.  "I call a truce.  Let the best woman, or man, win."

 

"That isn't exactly truce now is it?"  I asked chuckling a little.  The girl wouldn't

give up that was for sure.  Again I couldn't help but thinking that I was totally screwed for a moment.

 

"Fine, it isn't a truce." She told me grinning and I knew that she had something planned.  I heard the phone in Ashtyn's room start ringing and I turned my attention back to her room not even bother to answer Arabelle.

 

She took a deep breath trying to make herself more calm and picked up her light blue phone on the final ring.  "Hello?"  She answered with her voice quivering only slightly.

 

Arabelle had a smug look on her face.  It was as if she had accomplished something in the 10 seconds that we had our truce, or non-truce, started.  A wave of nervousness shot through me.

 

"Just so ya know, that's Brayden on the phone."  Arabelle spoke as she started to disappear a little. I could see her eyes blinking slightly as if she were an innocent little girl.  "He'll be cheering Ashtyn up.  I believe that is Arabelle-1 and Tad-0."

 

I groaned and started to disappear myself.  My opportunity was now officially ruined.  This meant complete war on Little Miss Cupid here, even though it was a battle I would be happy to lose. 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was great keep it up :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow well this couldbe intresting! i love tad really i do, but my monbey's on cupid! Though i feel like she's gonna win anyway becuz Tad isn't a happy participant. he really doesn't want to mess theis girl's life up, but he doesn;'t have a choice. :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Lizzie. More please!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Officiallyruined is two words. Other than that, great chapter. Now hurry up and write more!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing